Author Topic: Kaps Kapangala  (Read 6332 times)

BrazzaBoy on: February 24, 2018, 02:35

• View Profile
Who is this guy. Why have people been singing about him since the mid 90s?

Matebu #1 on: February 24, 2018, 02:53

• View Profile
Champion Kaps Kapangala, “L’homme à la Rolls et la Ferrari”

Just a rich donor from London/Paris who was paying big money in the late 90’s-00’s. Him and Laurent Lorenzo na London paid hella money to help fund Effrakata. Werra’s song Suprise Kapangala is probably my favorite Werra WM 4x4 song cause he sung so well.

Matebu #2 on: February 24, 2018, 02:59

• View Profile
Sometimes I really wonder how the these big Europe guys have gotten their wealth to become sapeur/donors for leisure. Many lack formal education. I know some are former Mobutu associates, but my impression is the shady Poto underworld

Most of the big guys in DRC & Angola are in the Oil and precious minerals industry so there’s no real question there
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 03:01 by Matebu »

BrazzaBoy #3 on: February 24, 2018, 03:02

• View Profile
I actually had that wenge 4x4 song sung by werra stuck in my head while typing and opening the thread. I understand he is a donor but do we know more about this guy. Like his career or his past or what he used to do in kin? Surely he’s got to be amis d’enfance with werra or some guys.

Matebu #4 on: February 24, 2018, 03:12

• View Profile
See the thing is apart from donor, a lot of these guys prefer if you didn’t know their full background. He was close to Wenge early on, the became big donor for Wemba and Koffi. He became associated with Wenge because he had money.

For example “Price Akim de Lausanne” is my cousin. He lives like a playboy and rhumbas in his name (like Silivi), but he is a professional thief and spent lots of time in Swiss prison.

BrazzaBoy #5 on: February 24, 2018, 03:40

• View Profile
Akim prince de laussane  ;D heard jb mention that name more than once. I cant be mad at them though. With everything those european countries stole from us.....

Wenge1995 #6 on: February 24, 2018, 06:21

• View Profile
@Matebu

Wasn't he also a drummer to Koffi? If I'm not mistaken, he played on Magie album for Quarter Latin. I'm surprised how he quickly became a high level donor for Koffi, Werrason, and JB Mpiana.

What's the "Poto underworld"? I'm fairly certain he has or had connections to the Kabila or Mobutu administration or perhaps he manages a business back home that can fund his passion of music.

But yea, good observation! Champion Kapangala is a great song btw!

mvulusi96 #7 on: February 24, 2018, 07:47

Most donors of the 90's and early '00s were drugsdealers, thiefs of clohting stores amd bank fraudsters. In the mid 90's you had a war in Kinshasa of Bana Londres against Bana Lunda. Bana Lunda were Congolese migrants who went to the Lunda province in Angola-province in search for diamonds.

mvulusi96 #8 on: February 24, 2018, 08:06

Matebu #9 on: February 25, 2018, 02:20

• View Profile
Real shady people and the Congolese diaspora wonder why there's the bad reputation. People, even other Africans look at you sideways when you say you are Congolese or Nigerian.

I don't think any artist has once said "oh this guy is a bad character, let me no accept the money he offering me for mabanga".

Also, @Wenge1995 Kaps Kapangala the drummer and Kaps Kapangala the donor are diferent people. A misconception

BrazzaBoy #10 on: February 25, 2018, 03:49

• View Profile
There’s 2 Kaps Kapangalas? That would explain a lot.

Wenge1995 #11 on: February 25, 2018, 04:12

• View Profile
@Matebu

Thanks for the clarification! So the drummer Kaps is just a session artist in Europe?

MwanaMokili #12 on: February 26, 2018, 09:17

• View Profile
Champion Kaps Kapangala, “L’homme à la Rolls et la Ferrari”

Just a rich donor from London/Paris who was paying big money in the late 90’s-00’s. Him and Laurent Lorenzo na London paid hella money to help fund Effrakata. Werra’s song Suprise Kapangala is probably my favorite Werra WM 4x4 song cause he sung so well.

And here I was singing this song over and over again...

That album was the ultimate.
It created a huge bang in Eastern Africa and the group was in great demand for several years. Held several sold out concerts all over East Africa.

I still play the CD just to remember the Good old 4X4 Days.