Author Topic: Koffi’s LSC of 1995 is back on YouTube  (Read 5473 times)

Mfumu Vata on: November 03, 2020, 20:44

• View Profile

masatomo #1 on: November 04, 2020, 01:07

• View Profile
I know Quartier Latin went back to Kinshasa after Magie in January 1995 but I have a lot of questions about the 1995 europe trip. He didn't bring female dancers to this tour ? Who played drums in this concert ?

How long last this tour and V12 recordings ? It starts in July right ?

It seems like Passé Kossé wasn't there neither.

Mfumu Vata #2 on: November 04, 2020, 04:01

• View Profile
I know Quartier Latin went back to Kinshasa after Magie in January 1995 but I have a lot of questions about the 1995 europe trip. He didn't bring female dancers to this tour ? Who played drums in this concert ?

He brought Rosette Kamono, Rita Dembo, Zina Bilaho and Marie Mboyo (RIP), but they came later in the tour, maybe he was still furious that Rosette or Rita (i don't remember) slept with Willy Bula, which was one of the reasons why Eric Tutsi went in the place of Willy Bula while he had the hitsong Petit Na London on his name. I didn't see the drummer, because they didn't film his face, but I know that they brought Coco Tchomba on this tour, despite that Djudju played drums on that album (Awilo Longomba & Simolo Katondi also claim to have played drums on that album, but they weren't credited or maybe it was just temoin like Rolly liked to say), because drummer Kaps Kapangala ran away in France after the 1994-tour along with Augusto Nsingi.

The tour just lasted 3 months like most tours of that era. July 1995 was when they returned to Kinshasa, this concerts was somewhere in the spring March/April '95.

Wenge1995 #3 on: November 04, 2020, 12:18

• View Profile

He brought Rosette Kamono, Rita Dembo, Zina Bilaho and Marie Mboyo (RIP), but they came later in the tour, maybe he was still furious that Rosette or Rita (i don't remember) slept with Willy Bula, which was one of the reasons why Eric Tutsi went in the place of Willy Bula while he had the hitsong Petit Na London on his name. I didn't see the drummer, because they didn't film his face, but I know that they brought Coco Tchomba on this tour, despite that Djudju played drums on that album (Awilo Longomba & Simolo Katondi also claim to have played drums on that album, but they weren't credited or maybe it was just temoin like Rolly liked to say), because drummer Kaps Kapangala ran away in France after the 1994-tour along with Augusto Nsingi.

The tour just lasted 3 months like most tours of that era. July 1995 was when they returned to Kinshasa, this concerts was somewhere in the spring March/April '95.

Whatever became of Coco Tchomba? I know Koffi wasn't convinced by his skill as a drummer, maybe he got better with another group

masatomo #4 on: November 04, 2020, 12:26

• View Profile
Spring 95 ok. So they came to record V12 not long after the Magie tour (which lasted from July to December 94-January 95 right ? )

I guess people were surprised to not see Willy Bula. He was very popular back then. He must have been very humiliating for him to be left behind (in Brazzaville right ?) and go back to Kinshasa

I get it now the problem Willy had with Koffi until he left in January 97 (after being left behind for the Ultimatum tour and the recording of Loi) was that he slept with a dancer kiekiekiekie

CM PRINCE #5 on: November 04, 2020, 12:59

• View Profile

Whatever became of Coco Tchomba? I know Koffi wasn't convinced by his skill as a drummer, maybe he got better with another group
He was interviewed like a month ago

CM PRINCE #6 on: November 04, 2020, 13:52

• View Profile
Spring 95 ok. So they came to record V12 not long after the Magie tour (which lasted from July to December 94-January 95 right ? )

I guess people were surprised to not see Willy Bula. He was very popular back then. He must have been very humiliating for him to be left behind (in Brazzaville right ?) and go back to Kinshasa

I get it now the problem Willy had with Koffi until he left in January 97 (after being left behind for the Ultimatum tour and the recording of Loi) was that he slept with a dancer kiekiekiekie
But Willy himself will never reveal the true nature of the problem. He always keeps saying he took a break during the V12 tour and recordings, and that he asked to stay behind, which we all know isn’t true because who in their right mind ask to stay behind and miss a Europe tour.

Drumstar98 #7 on: November 04, 2020, 19:54

• View Profile

Kaps Kapalanga played the drums in the video Coco Tshomba was left in Kinshasa.

BercysFinest98 #8 on: November 08, 2020, 15:56

• View Profile
Everyone needs to download this before it's too late!

Seben_Maniac #9 on: November 08, 2020, 19:35

• View Profile
He downloaded the second part of the concert but deleted it right away

Mopao195 #10 on: November 08, 2020, 21:59

• MM
    • View Profile
Eric Tutsi look like Eddie Kane from the five heartbeats looool

BercysFinest98 #11 on: November 08, 2020, 23:59

• View Profile
He downloaded the second part of the concert but deleted it right away
I got the first part! I just need the second one! Some parts such as "Julia" and "Meslian" are already up on YouTube!

BercysFinest98 #12 on: November 09, 2020, 00:03

• View Profile

Didn't he go to Victoria Eleison?

Mfumu Vata #13 on: November 09, 2020, 01:31

• View Profile
Yes and later went with Guy Molller, Sampaio, Zoe Bella, Sweet Elesse and Eric Masudi to form their own band in 2001.

Mfumu Vata #14 on: November 09, 2020, 01:35

• View Profile

Kaps Kapalanga played the drums in the video Coco Tshomba was left in Kinshasa.

I saw Kap dancing. But why did Augusto Nsingi say that he ran away along with him ? Or was it that Koffi brought 2 drummer or just invited Kaps since that he was there ?

Did Coco really stay, because I remember him seeing drumming in the video at a Paris with Eric Tutsi and co or maybe its because of not having seen that VHS for almost 30 years and thinking that Tchomba was there because of seeing him in many QL-concerts of that era.