Author Topic: WHEN YOU LISTEN TO ALBUMS LIKE THIS ONE YOU REALISE HOW LOW OUR MUSIC HAS SUNK  (Read 3798 times)

archos on: November 24, 2020, 23:47

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

CM PRINCE #1 on: November 25, 2020, 00:00

• View Profile
I completely agree with you. Our music is so s**t nowadays, I can't even remember the last time we had a year full of great albums.
The only decent album we've had in the past few years was probably Rendekita but the rest naa! Even Fally and Ferre's or the whole 5th Gen's albums don't impress me. 30 Tracks with 98% with Long ass boring Rumbas and Trash Generiques with no Sebene. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this stupid rumba trend must go.
It's like our artists don't even try anymore nowadays, it's so disappointing.

Paysan Congolais #2 on: November 25, 2020, 01:26

• View Profile
This is the worst era in our music, since Wendo.

Hopefully, it will pass and a new generation will rebirth the genre. That's why I don't really care about this generation.

Rumba is not the issue, the quality of the music is. Look at the generiques. All trash. This generation can't make great generique or great rumbas. No imagination, no effort.

That's why they are running away to do 'world music"

I'm curious about Ibrator album, since he said he will bring back the essence of the genre. I'll also look at Heritier. The rest...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 01:31 by Paysan Congolais »

Seben_Maniac #3 on: November 25, 2020, 03:01

• View Profile
It's hard for me to believe our music will ever go back to how it used to be. These artists are lazy and always want to act like they cant make classics anymore smh

BienMat23 #4 on: November 25, 2020, 03:51

• View Profile
To be honest I really enjoyed Seve last year and I still play it a lot I know the Zaiko guys are getting older but that album is one of the best since 2014. Don’t worry guys Heritier Wata is coming to save the year.

bencuri #5 on: November 25, 2020, 04:02

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Even Zaiko is not like it once was, but it is true, that they are trying to keep up at least, and they are still at a good level. For them, only very little would be needed to make an album that has a collection of melodies like in their golden age. Moreover they moved forward and improved since the downhill trend they were taking in the 2000's.

bencuri #6 on: November 25, 2020, 04:06

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It's hard for me to believe our music will ever go back to how it used to be. These artists are lazy and always want to act like they cant make classics anymore smh

One of the causes of the issue is that everyone is trying to be a boss on its own, they don't really like to cooperate too much any more. For a singer it is enough if they have a song with their perfect voice but only low level backing tunes, thinking it is enough to make them big. This results in what we see today. From the Congolese musicians I personally know, only a few of them is still making big effors to do things that are refined.

CM PRINCE #7 on: November 25, 2020, 05:16

• View Profile
Heritier? Even he doesn't impress me like that. Don't put all your faith on him just in case he ends up disappointing as well, but I'll wait and see when his album drops hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

masatomo #8 on: November 25, 2020, 06:55

• View Profile
I completely agree with you. Our music is so s**t nowadays, I can't even remember the last time we had a year full of great albums.
The only decent album we've had in the past few years was probably Rendekita but the rest naa! Even Fally and Ferre's or the whole 5th Gen's albums don't impress me. 30 Tracks with 98% with Long ass boring Rumbas and Trash Generiques with no Sebene. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this stupid rumba trend must go.

I agree with you. So sad I was too young to witness time when congolese artists they used to drop good quality albums.
Even though i'm young the 5th generation never impressed me even Droit Chemin and Sens Interdit (despite being ok albums).
It seems like since 2004-2005 nobody makes a effort to do a complete album.
These senseless generiques those long boring ass rumbas full of sexual references really killed our music.
And i'm not talking about those coupe décalé generiques ....kiekiekie

BercysFinest98 #9 on: November 25, 2020, 10:10

• View Profile

I agree with you. So sad I was too young to witness time when congolese artists they used to drop good quality albums.
Even though i'm young the 5th generation never impressed me even Droit Chemin and Sens Interdit (despite being ok albums).
These senseless generiques those long boring ass rumbas full of sexual references really killed our music.

Mama pesa sima?

BienMat23 #10 on: November 25, 2020, 11:33

• View Profile
You are even right but With all the releases so far this year I’m really just clasping at whatever hope I can from Heritier seeming to have recovered a decent bit of his voice and some very nice rehearsal footage, desole etc it is giving me hope

Sydo #11 on: November 25, 2020, 14:10

• View Profile
    • YouTube

Mama pesa sima?

Tshuba ye tonga
Formerly Musiquezairoise