Author Topic: Ado Yuhe & Eric Tutsi  (Read 3752 times)

Mfumu Vata on: December 11, 2020, 17:24

• View Profile

CM PRINCE #1 on: December 11, 2020, 20:52

• View Profile
So he confirmed that Sam really sang on Magie, and he was actually gonna stay in Europe after Bercy because they all got paid peanuts after Bercy.
Koffi was really smart for shipping their cars to Kin months in advance, because he knew that's what would lure them to go back to Kin, because there's no way they would let their cars be given to someone else in Kin if they stayed in Europe. So were the cars that were given to Bouro, Ramazani, Christian Nzenze, Montana originally the cars that belonged to Mustapha, Ocean, Clovis, Deba O'Neil?

Mfumu Vata #2 on: December 11, 2020, 20:55

• View Profile
So he confirmed that Sam really sang on Magie, and he was actually gonna stay in Europe after Bercy because they all got paid peanuts after Bercy.
Koffi was really smart for shipping their cars to Kin months in advance, because he knew that's what would lure them to go back to Kin, because there's no way they would let their cars be given to someone else in Kin if they stayed in Europe. So were the cars that were given to Bouro, Ramazani, Christian Nzenze, Montana originally the cars that belonged to Mustapha, Ocean, Clovis, Deba O'Neil?

Yeah, it was originally belonged to them. It happended often that if a musicians would stay in Europe, that they would give the car to somebody else (a dancer, a new member who came from another band, a pire petit, a keymember who stayed behind during the tour or a journalist that had an affair with the bandleader).

archos #3 on: December 11, 2020, 21:11

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
man i never knew a musician can be so emotional over the fallout with his leader, and he loves koffi so much that whenever koffi needs him he still is there,all this century bar his unknown brazza work and the little collab with college des nobles man has literally never released something new

Wenge1995 #4 on: December 11, 2020, 21:39

• View Profile

Why do leaders given their musicians cars instead of money? I never understood the logic there, it's like asking for defections...

archos #5 on: December 11, 2020, 21:46

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

Why do leaders given their musicians cars instead of money? I never understood the logic there, it's like asking for defections...

because in the logic of congolese fans and musicians the first thing which shows you have reached a new dimension compared to the raw talent you came as(in most cases) is having a car,and for leaders having musicians with cars means your group is big
its the ultimate shame for a musician not having a car of having one car which had issues and you are back to walking and taking taxis

Mfumu Vata #6 on: December 11, 2020, 23:00

• View Profile
Eric Tutsi's story with Ado Yuhe is different from the interviews he made the last 5 years. I remember him saying that he was recruited the same day with Babia, because of Koffi looking a singer who could sing high notes. But they both sung excellent and Koffi not knowing who he had to choose, which made them both joining Quartier Latin. In another interview he said that he had to interpret Manda Chante's vocal of Kalayi Boeing.

About the song Dulcinee. Suzuki and I think Sam Tshintu or Modogo said that Bebe was already known prepared in the 90s. But here Eric Tutsi said that he wrote Dulcinee in the studio.

lol, the story of Charmberton singing Dulcinee to humilate Eric Tutsi is true. I remember Chamberton talking about that in an interview he made back in 2012 I think with Vinny Mpela (if I remember well) and him saying Eric Tutsi said that he would beat him, if Koffi would order him to sing it. Chamberton reported it to Koffi and Koffi being really angry and yelling at Eric Tutsi when he came to the rehearshal at Oshwe.

masatomo #7 on: December 12, 2020, 13:44

• View Profile
I didn't know Momo (the tenorist in "Pas de Faux Pas") died back then in Brazzaville. Now he admit that after V12 he starts to neglect his work (coming late, drugs..). But he didn't say that he sang in the first version in Ultimatum they recorded in Kenya. I would like to know more about his song from Ultimatum. I would pay to hear that version hahaha.

He's lying about "Dulcinée" I really doubt the song was about Koffi. And like Mfumu Vata said Suzuki said "Dulcinée" was already prepared in the 90s

CM PRINCE #8 on: December 12, 2020, 17:57

• View Profile
I didn't know Momo (the tenorist in "Pas de Faux Pas") died back then in Brazzaville. Now he admit that after V12 he starts to neglect his work (coming late, drugs..). But he didn't say that he sang in the first version in Ultimatum they recorded in Kenya. I would like to know more about his song from Ultimatum. I would pay to hear that version hahaha.

He's lying about "Dulcinée" I really doubt the song was about Koffi. And like Mfumu Vata said Suzuki said "Dulcinée" was already prepared in the 90s
Lol please Suzuki said a lot of lies in that Ado Yuhe interview hahaha. Maybe he had two different versions of Dulcinee and rewrote it in and changed the lyricss in 2000.

Mfumu Vata #9 on: December 12, 2020, 18:51

• View Profile
Suzuki lied alot in Ado's second interview. But some things what he said were. Because about Dulcinee being a solo song already rehearsed back in  90s was also confirmed by another QL-musicians (I dont remember if it was Sam Tshintu or Rocky Blanchard).

Congolese bands the rehearse alot  songs, with many not ending up in group-albums and those who end up getting released years later, being reworked versions of it. Papa na Roissy is a reworked song of Suzuki from the Noblesse Oblige-days. The song Mamu for example that Sam and co sung in Academia was already prepared in Quartier Latin in the V12-days and them also singing it concerts, when performing Shambouyi. Sort of Sanction was Do Akongo's song that Do used to sing often along with the song Boda Bodack when touring in African countries, but Sam Tshintu stealing it. Kimbanda Nzila & Liberte F.K. of Suzuki's Decompte Final were already prepared when they were rehearshing in 1996 and 1997 and Suzuki even singing snippets of it in the bonus of the Loi-VHS, wanting later to release as songs of his solo album that wanted to release like Reddy in Viva La Musica, under Quartier Latin, but Koffi punishing him by leaving him behind for Olympia.

Also a lot of song on Pas de Faux Pas and Magie were remix versions of songs that Willy Bula, Suzuki 4x4, Sam Tshintu,.. used to sing in Flash Musica.

We haven't talked about Viva La Musica, where artists had alot of freedom or even Wenge Maison Mere who wasn't giving artists like Serge Mabiala & Baby Ndombe to release songs until A La Que Leu Leu. Compared to Koffi Olomide who was mostly writing songs by himself and working with ghostwriters for his solo albums,  the most songs on Solola Bien & Kibuisa Mpimpa were songs that were already sung by street-bands like SVP La Gamme, Staff London and Baby Ndombe's Star Musica and even some cri's who were in Lingala. For example the cri that Bill Clinton used to animate "yu yu-yu yu" in Solola Bien, its a reworked version of Zobozi's cri (who used to be an atalaku in Rumba des Jeunes or Staff London before becoming a spokemen) that musicians had to respond with zobozi-zobozi-zoboza (You can hear Baby Ndombe & Lacoste screaming it when performing Cresois in the rare manquette cd of Solola bien called "US Studio"). Bill Clinton animated the whole version of the cri in Adricha Tipo Tipo's song Kamba, but without the zobozi-zoboza reponse.

from 5:30 min

BienMat23 #10 on: December 13, 2020, 00:46

• View Profile
Suzuki lied alot in Ado's second interview. But some things what he said were. Because about Dulcinee being a solo song already rehearsed back in  90s was also confirmed by another QL-musicians (I dont remember if it was Sam Tshintu or Rocky Blanchard).

Congolese bands the rehearse alot  songs, with many not ending up in group-albums and those who end up getting released years later, being reworked versions of it. Papa na Roissy is a reworked song of Suzuki from the Noblesse Oblige-days. The song Mamu for example that Sam and co sung in Academia was already prepared in Quartier Latin in the V12-days and them also singing it concerts, when performing Shambouyi. Sort of Sanction was Do Akongo's song that Do used to sing often along with the song Boda Bodack when touring in African countries, but Sam Tshintu stealing it. Kimbanda Nzila & Liberte F.K. of Suzuki's Decompte Final were already prepared when they were rehearshing in 1996 and 1997 and Suzuki even singing snippets of it in the bonus of the Loi-VHS, wanting later to release as songs of his solo album that wanted to release like Reddy in Viva La Musica, under Quartier Latin, but Koffi punishing him by leaving him behind for Olympia.

Also a lot of song on Pas de Faux Pas and Magie were remix versions of songs that Willy Bula, Suzuki 4x4, Sam Tshintu,.. used to sing in Flash Musica.

We haven't talked about Viva La Musica, where artists had alot of freedom or even Wenge Maison Mere who wasn't giving artists like Serge Mabiala & Baby Ndombe to release songs until A La Que Leu Leu. Compared to Koffi Olomide who was mostly writing songs by himself and working with ghostwriters for his solo albums,  the most songs on Solola Bien & Kibuisa Mpimpa were songs that were already sung by street-bands like SVP La Gamme, Staff London and Baby Ndombe's Star Musica and even some cri's who were in Lingala. For example the cri that Bill Clinton used to animate "yu yu-yu yu" in Solola Bien, its a reworked version of Zobozi's cri (who used to be an atalaku in Rumba des Jeunes or Staff London before becoming a spokemen) that musicians had to respond with zobozi-zobozi-zoboza (You can hear Baby Ndombe & Lacoste screaming it when performing Cresois in the rare manquette cd of Solola bien called "US Studio"). Bill Clinton animated the whole version of the cri in Adricha Tipo Tipo's song Kamba, but without the zobozi-zoboza reponse.

from 5:30 min

Before Bill Clinton comes in who are the vocalists in this song? it is beautiful