Author Topic: Interview de Koffi Olomidé au studio pour Effrakata + Répétition avant le Zénith  (Read 6029 times)

BercysFinest98 #15 on: January 10, 2021, 16:53

• View Profile
Like I said back in those days bands were bringing mostly 2 atalaku's and since the succes of Solola Bien most bands were adopting the system of having 1 baritone and 1 tenor atalaku. If CNN hadn't problems with Koffi about Sandralina, then Brigade wouldn't go to Europe to animate on Effrakata. The plan was just to let Quartier Latin sing on Effrakata, like all Koffi's solo album. 2 atataku's 3 guitar players, 8 singers,.. But nobody was sure about his place, because Quartier Latin is a band of problems and musicians sometimes behind left in Kinshasa for a minor problem. By the way Koffi was doubting about naming his album Panique Generale or Effrakata.

When Quartier Latin came back in October 2000, Kerozene & Brigade weren't there, they came months later. CNN was the only atalaku and he was joined by John Scot who came from Delta Force & Jean Molayi. A few weeks later Christian na Nzenze & Ramazani also joined, after leaving Bendoson alone with his band Nouvelle Ecriture de l'An 2000. Having the Parc des Princes project, when Force de Frappe got released in Dec. 2000, the plan was to release Effrakata in june 2001. But when the project of occulted, Koffi planned to release his album towards the end of the year like most of his album in that era.

I'm not gonna lie, I can't hear myself singing "Panique Générale EYEH"

Mfumu Vata #16 on: January 11, 2021, 00:55

• View Profile
Brigade was 21 when he joined Quartier Latin.

If I understand well CNN was still coming to concerts animating with Brigade before they go to Europe ? (By the way is it true they had a fight back then ?) Zenith was really the first concert of Kerozene ? Waw that's a strong  beginning.

Was CNN still coming to concerts after he saw Koffi f.... Sandralina ?

Yes, I don't know if they fought, but they weren't talking to each other and Brigade thinking that he was attacking him spiritually, because of the way he was sometimes losing his voice and at some point bleeding. According to Kerozene in Ado's interview or a instagram-live he made I don't remember, he claimed that it was his first official concert and him only animating in rehearshals when in was in Quartier Latin. But Z-Ndule said that he will upload one day Kerozene, John Scot, Brigade and CNN animating in one concert.

I met him not a long time ago in Paris and he explained that after from the trip to Brazzaville, Koffi was everything to humilate him, calling him ugly, calling him to come home and CNN seeing him ... with Sandralina, etc. But he was still going to concerts and trips to African countries.

BienMat23 #17 on: January 11, 2021, 01:55

• View Profile
Can someone recommend me which is CNNs best live performances?

Mfumu Vata #18 on: January 11, 2021, 01:59

• View Profile

BienMat23 #19 on: January 11, 2021, 02:15

• View Profile

BercysFinest98 #20 on: January 11, 2021, 10:27

• View Profile
Can someone recommend me which is CNNs best live performances?
Along with Mfumu Vata's recommendations, LSC in 2000 (you'll find it as "Parc Des Princes" on youtube)

masatomo #21 on: January 16, 2021, 18:26

• View Profile
I just saw the video. It's crazy to see Babia was still there. He didn't fit in the Effrakata-Affaire d'État lineup.
I thought Koffi fired Eric Tutsi after he threatened Chamberton.

BercysFinest98 #22 on: January 16, 2021, 19:11

• View Profile
I just saw the video. It's crazy to see Babia was still there. He didn't fit in the Effrakata-Affaire d'État lineup.
I thought Koffi fired Eric Tutsi after he threatened Chamberton.
I would've loved to have heard Babia on Loi!