Author Topic: 22 YEARS LATER THE DROIT DE VETO CLIPS ARE STILL THE WORST CLIPS EVER MADE  (Read 3109 times)

CM PRINCE on: August 04, 2021, 14:40

• View Profile

22 years later and it still pisses me off how bad these two clips are, Koffi was the master of clips but these were straight trash, and the audio quality was bad too. They filmed in front of the sun when everyone knows you have to be facing the sun, because otherwise it will appear too dark and Rond Point clip is the perfect example because you can barely see the musicians and dancers faces. and lastly on both clips you can see the other cameraman get in the shots, I’ve never seen that in my life! I couldn’t believe it  ;D ;D
Side note seeing Gibson and JF playbacking Bouro and Modogo’s vocals is hilarious.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 22:27 by CM PRINCE »

SoukousFan #1 on: August 04, 2021, 15:56

• View Profile
I am absolutely on the floor with your comments!!  ;D ;D ;D

I think the reason for this was because of the defactions of the bouro and team, and Koffi just did not see reason to even try/bother!
It was a mess seriously! the outfits, the men were uncoordinated, absolutely garbage

archos #2 on: August 04, 2021, 16:00

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
hahahahahahaha bro you are right though koffi who since 1990 was one of the best in clips and here its more like "vraimentttttt to filmer kaka mbangu quoi " :D :D :D :D

CM PRINCE #3 on: August 04, 2021, 18:22

• View Profile
Naa if that was the result he should’ve just not filmed anything. My 12 year old niece would’ve done a better job then that lol, for me it’s the fact that the cameraman appears in shot in both clips that I just can’t forgive  ;D ;D

Mfumu Vata #4 on: August 04, 2021, 18:27

• View Profile
Sens Inverse is the best clip of the three.

Archos has a point, because he didn't shoot the songs of Champion, Depitcho, Nseka, Beniko, Mboshi, Ondo and Binda who were loyal to him and in Kinshasa they didn't even promote these clips, just here in Europe. I think that he just did it to promote the album for African countries to get contracts there and the Congolese diaspora where he had his biggest fanbase and enjoyed the succes of Zenith & Olympia. 

SLK97 #5 on: August 04, 2021, 18:37

• View Profile
LOL, the way they just let the other cameraman walk in the shot and just kept it in during editing. That shows how much Koffi didn't really care about these clips. Like, they could've just used the other angle on these particular scenes, that's peak amateur filmmaking right there ;D.

Franco Pepe Kalle #6 on: August 04, 2021, 19:55

• View Profile
These clips came after Sam Tshintu and company left to form Quartier Latin Academia.

CM PRINCE #7 on: August 05, 2021, 20:40

• View Profile

Archos has a point, because he didn't shoot the songs of Champion, Depitcho, Nseka, Beniko, Mboshi, Ondo and Binda who were loyal to him and in Kinshasa they didn't even promote these clips, just here in Europe. I think that he just did it to promote the album for African countries to get contracts there and the Congolese diaspora where he had his biggest fanbase and enjoyed the succes of Zenith & Olympia.
Yeah Sens Inverse was only good because they used BTS footage of Zenith and the Cameroon concert.
He also did Zaniha but that doesn't really count because it was used as the intro but in the VHS it's credited as an actual clip hahaha.
I don't understand why he didn't just shoot those clips properly, sure Sam and co weren't there and wouldn't have been present in the clips but that was nothing new because in the Magie and V12 clips half the singers weren't there to playback their vocals in the clips, they could've just left out Likombe and Plus Jamais and done the rest.   

BercysFinest98 #8 on: August 05, 2021, 21:46

• View Profile

Yeah Sens Inverse was only good because they used BTS footage of Zenith and the Cameroon concert.
He also did Zaniha but that doesn't really count because it was used as the intro but in the VHS it's credited as an actual clip hahaha.
I don't understand why he didn't just shoot those clips properly, sure Sam and co weren't there and wouldn't have been present in the clips but that was nothing new because in the Magie and V12 clips half the singers weren't there to playback their vocals in the clips, they could've just left out Likombe and Plus Jamais and done the rest.
Now that you bring that up, it makes so much sense!!

JV “Lone Ranger” #9 on: August 05, 2021, 22:16

• View Profile
I don’t think he had clips in mind, they were more of a playback recorded just to introduce the new musician and keep the public talking

masatomo #10 on: August 06, 2021, 20:40

• View Profile
I'm still confuse about the release of this album. Was it released in December 1998 or January 1999 ?

Damn Droit de Véto was a flop despite being a good album Academia split didn't help. There were also a lot of good albums out also Titanic, Intervention Rapide, Cocktail...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 20:41 by masatomo »

Mfumu Vata #11 on: August 06, 2021, 22:05

• View Profile