Author Topic: Ndombolhino says that Heritier announced a concert at Stade des Martyrs in 2022  (Read 1352 times)

Captain #1 on: December 28, 2021, 22:28

• View Profile
He actually has.. June 2022 he will be performing there, now that's 80.000 people, do you think he can fill it ? And also, Fally was scheduled to perform there in April 2020, but it got reported due to the pandemic, do you think he will perform there before Heritier ?

Mfumu Vata #2 on: December 28, 2021, 22:49

• View Profile
I don't believe that he will fill the stadium even if it is for free. He doens't also have a big fanbase like most musicians in this era. Times have changed, people are not interested in music anymore like it used to be in the 2000s. JB Mpiana and Werrason both didn't fill 100% of the capacity when they performed there for the first time in 1999. I think that it would be better for Heritier to start with Stade Tata Raphael instead of Stade des Martyrs, which is also not easy to fill. Even derbies like AS Vita vs CS Imana have difficulties to see both Stade Tata Raphael and Stade des Martyrs being filled. Heritier has to come with a strategy to perform like 3 months abroad in African countries and then come back, maybe that it will lure more music-fans.

Fally always likes to be first in everything so I don't see him perform right after Heritier. I think that he will wait 2/3 years more or quickly come with a date before him.

About Heritier annoucing his concert at Stade des Martyrs 6 months before the event. I've never seen it. Back in the days they would just put a date 3/2 weeks before the event and prepare the event from then.

Matebu #3 on: December 28, 2021, 23:11

• View Profile
Kiekie - times have changed really.  As Mfumu mentioned, back in the day this was a shegue event with no need to promo since the mythical halls got all the promotional energy

BienMat23 #4 on: December 28, 2021, 23:58

• View Profile
I don’t think he will but I hope he does just for the sake of Congolese music as a whole I think it could lead to some good competition of people trying to put in more effort to release better music and fill big venues

SLK97 #5 on: December 29, 2021, 01:58

• View Profile
Playing at the Stade des Martyrs is no longer that big of a deal the same way it was 20 years ago, so Heritier's gonna have to go all out when it comes to promoting the show.