Author Topic: Papa Wemba & Nouvelle Écriture - Zénith version dvd (2000)  (Read 552 times)

242 on: April 18, 2023, 18:48

• View Profile

242 #1 on: April 18, 2023, 18:49

• View Profile
I always wonder why Zilco Shabani left the band after Kolo Histoire & this concert ?

Mfumu Vata #2 on: April 18, 2023, 20:14

• View Profile
I always wonder why Zilco Shabani left the band after Kolo Histoire & this concert ?

He was still part of the band after this concert. He was there at Olympia. Zilco stayed with Nzenze Madodanga in Europe when the tour ended.

Today he's a member of Bana Viva in Kinshasa. I don't know if got deported years later after staying in Europoe. He departure didn't had a big affect because he got replaced by Thierry who used to play rhythm for Ngadiadia and was also joined by Costa Pinto who got into Nouvelle Ecritre a few weeks before Bercy

Mfumu Vata #3 on: April 18, 2023, 20:17

• View Profile

uploaded with a better quality

I wonder if Photo Joel really made money of these re-issue versions he was making. I dont remember them seeing in dvd-shops. Back in the years in 2005-2011 people werent paying attention to anymore and  whispering that he was finished when he would enter restaurants/bars of Aubervilliers and Saint Denis.

242 #4 on: April 18, 2023, 21:36

• View Profile

He was still part of the band after this concert. He was there at Olympia. Zilco stayed with Nzenze Madodanga in Europe when the tour ended.

Today he's a member of Bana Viva in Kinshasa. I don't know if got deported years later after staying in Europoe. He departure didn't had a big affect because he got replaced by Thierry who used to play rhythm for Ngadiadia and was also joined by Costa Pinto who got into Nouvelle Ecritre a few weeks before Bercy

Thanks for the update. What band Costa Pinto used to be before joining Nouvelle Ecriture ?

Mfumu Vata #5 on: April 18, 2023, 22:17

• View Profile
He once said in an interview that he came from INA (National Institute of Arts) when joining Nouvelle Ecriture