Author Topic: THE BEST QUARTIER LATIN ALBUM  (Read 10765 times)

Seben_Maniac #15 on: October 23, 2020, 21:06

• View Profile
Affaire d'etat is the best followed by droit de veto and ultimatum. A lot of you guys really like force de frappe here but it really seemed like an overlooked album but I cant seem to think why that is. Maybe because they rarely perform songs from that album in the concerts

Tata Nkiadi #16 on: October 24, 2020, 06:54

• Congolais abotami na Etas-Unis
    • View Profile
Danger de Mort and Pas De Faux Pas will always be my go to records. People judge DDM by the sound quality, but it was still a solid record regardless!

Mopao195 #17 on: October 24, 2020, 11:16

• MM
    • View Profile
1) Ultimatum or Magie

I might go for Ultimatum since the sound is better, even though the version with Babia and Eric Tutsi should've been out.

2) Pas de Faux Pas - Etage Ya Suka

Very underrated album.

3) Affaire d'État?
i would pay i nice bit of money to hear the version with Babia (R.I.P) and Tutsi

masatomo #18 on: October 24, 2020, 12:22

• View Profile
1) Ultimatum or Magie

I might go for Ultimatum since the sound is better, even though the version with Babia and Eric Tutsi should've been out.

Very underrated album.

3) Affaire d'État?
i would pay i nice bit of money to hear the version with Babia (R.I.P) and Tutsi

Indeed lol Willy Bula sing in the first version of Ultimatum too.

Back to the topic my favourite Quartier Latin album will always be Magie (I know.every song by heart lol). I wish I was older back then. Everybody must have been impressed that Koffi adapt his style to compete with Wenge by surrounding himself with youngsters

Mopao195 #19 on: October 24, 2020, 12:44

• MM
    • View Profile
1) Ultimatum or Magie

Very underrated album.

3) Affaire d'État?

Back to the topic my favourite Quartier Latin album will always be Magie (I know.every song by heart lol). I wish I was older back then. Everybody must have been impressed that Koffi adapt his style to compete with Wenge by surrounding himself with youngsters
Willy bula too :o damn do you think koffi got it in his vault or its some song that got lost

I thought magie was OK i like the intro but the record that stand out the most to me is petit na london such a smooth record
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 12:54 by Mopao195 »

Sydo #20 on: October 24, 2020, 14:22

• View Profile
    • YouTube
1. Magie
2. Ultimatum
3. Droit De Véto
4. Pas De Faux Pas
5. Affaire D'État
Formerly Musiquezairoise

Congomusiclover001 #21 on: October 25, 2020, 08:47

• View Profile
No one made mention of Effrakata here...I'd think that album ranked higher than Danger De Mort. This album gave us some of QL best animations from Brigade and Bebe kero ...unless Effrakata was a solo album from Koffi.

CM PRINCE #22 on: October 25, 2020, 09:04

• View Profile
No one made mention of Effrakata here...I'd think that album ranked higher than Danger De Mort. This album gave us some of QL best animations from Brigade and Bebe kero ...unless Effrakata was a solo album from Koffi.
Effrakata is a Koffi solo album not a group album.

Congomusiclover001 #23 on: October 25, 2020, 09:18

• View Profile
Effrakata is a Koffi solo album not a group album.

Guess I answered my own question. Thanks for the clarification CM.

Here's my question: What's the difference between group album and solo album? I watch most of these things and the format is the same. Band leader sings, band members sing. The only thing I see is that you as band member "own" the song on group album. Anything else?

litho #24 on: October 26, 2020, 02:07

• View Profile

1. Pas de Faux Pas
2. Magie
3. Force de Frappe
4. Ultimatum

litho #25 on: October 26, 2020, 02:14

• View Profile
1) Ultimatum or Magie

Very underrated album.

3) Affaire d'État?

Willy bula too :o damn do you think koffi got it in his vault or its some song that got lost

I thought magie was OK i like the intro but the record that stand out the most to me is petit na london such a smooth record

For me, Amen and Detresse