Author Topic: Wenge Maison Mere - Live at l'Esplanade de Palais du Peuple (2003)  (Read 3534 times)

Mfumu Vata on: August 15, 2020, 18:05

• View Profile

It was a festival for Serge Kayembe's 10th anniversary of his career (Zacharie Bababaswe would counter it later by giving a show at Stade des Martyrs), inviting  Wenge Maison Mere, Nouvelle Ecriture, Delta Force, Dream Team Dream Band of Guy Moller, College des Nobles, Esobe, etc. I think that it's also one of the reasons why Zacharie Bababaswe refused to invite any band to his show at Stade des Martyrs to show that he was more popular than Serge Kayembe. But the press acted like it was a Werra-concert, because of the way JB Mpiana played the same day at parking-area of Stade des Martyrs. I remember how articles were written about the way Werrason lost the fara-fara against JB Mpiana while it wasn't even Werra's show.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 19:56 by Mfumu Vata »

Mfumu Vata #1 on: August 15, 2020, 18:09

• View Profile
I remember how Thierry Mogratana (I think with Ado Yuhe) about this show, saying that they had to perform after Maison Mere and that the public started leaving the place and that Lambio Lambio ordered him to connect quickly his guitar with the public coming back, when he started playing the Nkila Mogrosso-partition.

I see a young Bercy Muana animating in Guy Moller's part. Guy Moller's band was cursed. They released an album called Contre-Attaque, but that album dissapeard after a few days, after that someone bought a whole stock throw it in the Congo-river after doing mystical rituals with it. After that Sampaio left, they got sponsored by donor Ecco Homo (RIP) and recorded Systeme ya Ba Chinios in Brazzaville, having General Dabira as excucitve producer, but that album got never released.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 19:56 by Mfumu Vata »

Wenge1995 #2 on: August 15, 2020, 22:38

• View Profile
I remember how Thierry Mogratana (I think with Ado Yuhe) about this show, saying that they had to perform after Maison Mere and that the public started leaving the place and that Lambio Lambio ordered him to connect quickly his guitar with the public coming back, when he started playing the Nkila Mogrosso-partition.

I see a young Bercy Muana animating in Guy Moller's part. Guy Moller's band was cursed. They released an album called Contre-Attaque, but that album dissapeard after a few days, after that someone bought a whole stock throw it in the Congo-river after doing mystical rituals with it. After that Sampaio left, they got sponsored by donor Ecco Homo (RIP) and recorded Systeme ya Ba Chinios in Brazzaville, having General Dabira as excucitve producer, but that album got never released.

You think it was Kester sabotaging Dream Team Dream Band? Because he seemed pretty effected by them leaving him. I thought Systeme ya Ba Chinios released, because apparently Koffi stole parts of their generique for Effrakata.

Mfumu Vata #3 on: August 15, 2020, 23:23

• View Profile
No, because when all those problems started, Emeneya was almost 2 years in Europe with Victoria Eleison. But it possible that a donor who was close to them could have done that job. Most end up by leaving the end and waiting for Emeneya to return. They all returned except Guy Moller himself and Eric Masudi, Sampaio who left as first artists wanted also to rejoin Victoria, but he was approached by Papa Wemba.

It was actually the generic of Contre-Attaque who was used in Effrakata, but many people mistake it for Systeme ya Ba Chinois, because that album-title was promoted alot. I think that it was that Chibida Dumbu of Wenge Tonya Tonya who sold those parts also to them, because he's the creator of most partition that we heard in the Effrakata-generics (Effrakta & Generation Bercy).

Wenge1995 #4 on: August 15, 2020, 23:34

• View Profile
No, because when all those problems started, Emeneya was almost 2 years in Europe with Victoria Eleison. But it possible that a donor who was close to them could have done that job. Most end up by leaving the end and waiting for Emeneya to return. They all returned except Guy Moller himself and Eric Masudi, Sampaio who left as first artists wanted also to rejoin Victoria, but he was approached by Papa Wemba.

It was actually the generic of Contre-Attaque who was used in Effrakata, but many people mistake it for Systeme ya Ba Chinois, because that album-title was promoted alot. I think that it was that Chibida Dumbu of Wenge Tonya Tonya who sold those parts also to them, because he's the creator of most partition that we heard in the Effrakata-generics (Effrakta & Generation Bercy).

I remember their presentation concert after leaving Victoria, they could have been a formidable band!

masatomo #5 on: August 18, 2020, 21:09

• View Profile

I thought Eric Masudi returned briefly to Victoria from 2003 to 2004.
Système Ya Ba Chinois was supposed to be released in 2002 or 2003 ?
Guy Moller was left alone when Zoé Bella and Swet Ellesse went back to Victoria when they returned from Europe in January 2003, he struggled to release Mot de Passe in 2006, did he also tried to join les Marquis in 2005 ? I always prefered him as an atalaku.

BienMat23 #6 on: August 18, 2020, 22:41

• View Profile

Mfumu Vata #7 on: August 18, 2020, 22:54

• View Profile

Guy Moller was left alone when Zoé Bella and Swet Ellesse went back to Victoria when they returned from Europe in January 2003, he struggled to release Mot de Passe in 2006, did he also tried to join les Marquis in 2005 ? I always prefered him as an atalaku.

Yes, I always forget about. The was the last to rejoin, but he didn't stay long Zoe Bella and Sweet Elesse who stayed until the recordings of Le Jour Le Plus Long (they saw their vocals being erased when they left). Guy Moller could also rejoin, because he was approached by several donors, but he refused all offers. Yes, he was contacted by Les Marquis and used to promote them in Kinshasa and even represented them during the first Maisha Parc-meeting. But he left hem when he saw that they weren't serious (the moment that Bill came in Kinshasa and starting rehearsing with the musicians recruited by his staff in Ngiri-Ngiri, Ferre Gola coming a few days after him and rehearsing on his own with musicians at Bibi Play).

Victoria Eleison returned  end-July 2003, after spending 21 months in Europe. Knowing that those fancy-fairs and FIKIN would start and that it would boost their return more, since that they were a little bit doubting about themselves. That's why Koffi criticized them, saying that Emeneya hadn't the right to brag about those pleins, because he just came in the period when you alot of activities in Kinshasa. Victoria had also to perform at Stade des Martyrs. But they saw their event being cancelled by authorities, who didnt want to have concerts there anymore since the one of Werrason at the beginning of the year, which recreated alot of damage. 

I dont remember the date, but it must the late 2002 or 2003. That disc got never released. Contre-Attaque who they made as preview disc so difficult to find.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 22:57 by Mfumu Vata »

masatomo #8 on: August 19, 2020, 13:29

• View Profile

Yes, I always forget about. The was the last to rejoin, but he didn't stay long Zoe Bella and Sweet Elesse who stayed until the recordings of Le Jour Le Plus Long (they saw their vocals being erased when they left). Guy Moller could also rejoin, because he was approached by several donors, but he refused all offers. Yes, he was contacted by Les Marquis and used to promote them in Kinshasa and even represented them during the first Maisha Parc-meeting. But he left hem when he saw that they weren't serious (the moment that Bill came in Kinshasa and starting rehearsing with the musicians recruited by his staff in Ngiri-Ngiri, Ferre Gola coming a few days after him and rehearsing on his own with musicians at Bibi Play).

Victoria Eleison returned  end-July 2003, after spending 21 months in Europe. Knowing that those fancy-fairs and FIKIN would start and that it would boost their return more, since that they were a little bit doubting about themselves. That's why Koffi criticized them, saying that Emeneya hadn't the right to brag about those pleins, because he just came in the period when you alot of activities in Kinshasa. Victoria had also to perform at Stade des Martyrs. But they saw their event being cancelled by authorities, who didnt want to have concerts there anymore since the one of Werrason at the beginning of the year, which recreated alot of damage. 

I dont remember the date, but it must the late 2002 or 2003. That disc got never released. Contre-Attaque who they made as preview disc so difficult to find.

Oh I never knew Emeneya and Victoria were still in Europe when the ngulu affaire started.

I always find it crazy the way almost every singerd stayed in Europe despite being paid during the tour. I think is sad for Zoe Bella and Swet Ellesse to having left Victoria one year before the release of Le Jour le Plus Long. Maybe they were tired of waiting. I remember seeing a video of a Swet Ellesse song around 2007-2008 in YouTube. Did he release an album or a maxi single ?

Mfumu Vata #9 on: August 19, 2020, 19:12

• View Profile
They were present during the ngulu-affaire, Emeneya even showed up at the protest march in Paris for Wemba (while Koffi Olomide and other bandleaders who were in Europe didn't show up, being afraid that they would get arrested), Emeneya would months long talk about.

from 11:16 min (Vieux Kes with his guys after protesting)

The musicians weren't paid, they got peanuts, it was just that Emeneya would take the money of a big event to buy a car for every musician. On the end they ended by having bought 22/ 26 cars or something like that. Guejo Star was furious about him not being paid while he stayed with Victoria while Zoe, Sampaio, Moller and co left and him having a key-role at Zenith, Olympia and the Nouvel Ordre-album. Guejo Star very far and even insulted Emeneya's mom. Other guys like Azzaro and Fila Basele didn't believe that Emeneya paid cars for them and thought that Emeneya was playing with them, but after some months they regretted when they saw that it was true. Emeneya then starting bragging about cars his band had, saying not any musician is talking about cars anymore because of them (forgetting that since they were the last band that returned to Kinshasa and that nobody was able again to tour in Europe for a moment to come back with cars).

Zoe Bella & Sweet Elesse left, because they were furious at Emeneya for cancelling the trip to Libya. In 2006 they had to go Libya for a concert for the Congolese community living there. The whole band was happy, because it was a long time that they didnt go abroad anymore. They saw their trip to UK for a serie of concerts (including the one at Brixton Academy getting cancelled), which was meant 2 weeks after their return to Kinshasa in 2003. In 2004 they saw their trip to Brasil (they were invited for some festivals in Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo by their label Lusafrica, who's Lusophone and has alot connections there) and UK also getting cancceled. So when they were about to travel to Libya, Emeneya decided to come in Tripoli first, to see if the concert-promoter was serious and if everything was ok. But when he came there he saw that nothing was prepared. So on the last minute he cancelled the trip for his musicians and decided to do a playback to please the people living there. This  made all musicians, who were left in Brazzaville or Pointe Noire to join him, really furious. The next day Zoe Bella & Sweet Elesse decided to leave, Sweet Elesse went for a solo career and recorded an album before migrating to Angola and Zoe Bella would not long after that join Quartier Latin (Emeneya then trolling him months long in interviews that he became a minor hahahahahaha, maybe that's why he ran away in Europe when he came with Quartier Latin). I will never forget that the ad of the DVD-compil "Course Au Pouvoir", where Emeneya was in a shop (I think Hermene Kaba) and suddenly starting shouting "Aaah Nkovia, okomisi Zoe Bella mineur" hahahahaha.

from 1:48:58 min, when the interview was finishing, saying that he's recording Avantage ya Goal Average (which would become Le Jour le Plus Long) because Wemba & Koffi did shit at Zenith, bragging about his shows in Canfunfu (Angola), the cars he bought for his musicians, minimizing Werra's double Zenith (saying that they had already done it in Kinshasa with Wemba at Cine Palladium, which became Cinemax).... He praised Wemba, but dissed him on the same time, when talking about his arrival in Kinshasa when he came after 6 months absence in 1982 (the moment when people though that he died). Saying that they welcomed Wemba with more than 2000 people on the streets (forgetting that people went to work in that era and that people had a better life and you hadn't shegues and just 2 millions people living in Kinshasa. While when Kester came in 1997, he was welcomed by more than 30.000 people, but you had then 6 millions people living in Kinshasa, alot of shegues, many youngster not going to school and alot of people not having work).