Author Topic: Gina Efonge's interview with Ado Yuhe  (Read 4439 times)

Mfumu Vata on: August 25, 2020, 23:02

• View Profile

Nyoka Longo, Wemba and Bozi-fanatics won't be happy

Mfumu Vata #1 on: August 25, 2020, 23:26

• View Profile
my late cousin who used to play music in his band Grand Libanko, said to me that he often used to humilated his musicians. Once he was jealous that his singer had a beautifel girlfriend,  the next day when she went to see rehearshal of them, Gina ordered the singer to do the dished.

Cavalier Solitaire #2 on: August 26, 2020, 21:28

• View Profile
Lol. I now understand why King Kester was the he was.
Donc Vieux Jossart azalaki faux chanteur according to Gina wa Gina. Am sure Ya Jossart wont want to meet Gina anytime soon. ;D ;D

Mfumu Vata #3 on: August 27, 2020, 17:43

• View Profile
from 1:49:45 min

Jean Pierre Saah and his associate Elvis Kemayo scammed alot of people. If I was Gina, Evoloko, Bozi or Wemba, I wouldn't accept anymore to record another album with him. I remember well, their contract was just 1 album, but after Grand Job they resigned an 3 album-deal.

About Gina Efonge talking that they wanted to add also Nyoka Longo as second guest star to the 3th Quatro-album, made me really wonder how that album would be. Wemba and Bozi aren't serious, they knew that about the project they made with JPS and Le Quatro about the concerts that had to follow after Le Quatro+1, why did they spent to long time in Kinshasa with Anti Choc & Nouvelle Ecriture ? Most of those Kin-concerts were not lucrative and nessecary. That's also how, Koffi Olomide & Papa Wemba didn't have concerts after the release of Wake Up, because of them being busy, Papa Wemba forming Nouvelle Ecriture in Kinshasa with Reddy Amisi & Asta Paola, Koffi Olomide going to Europe with Quartier Latin for a long tour and the recordings of Ultimatum & Loi. But thinking about Le Quatro, Gina isn't really talking the truth, because I remember them having problems during and after the recordings of Le Quatro+1. Gina recording the videoclips alone and not appearing in those of Wemba, Evoloko & Bozi. Gina also calling JPS a "faux producteur" and Gina's atalaku's of Libanko New Look animating on his songs and the one of Evoloko, while Theo Mbala was the main atalaku.

It's strange that they didn't contact Mavuela Somo for Le Quatro-project.  Mavuela was on the foundation of the original Le Quatro that they made in Zaiko. Having on the mics (Evoloko, Gina Efonge, Papa Wemba & Mavuela Somo) in the years 1971, 1972, 1973 until early 1974 when Gina Efonge lost his head. Bozi Boziana came later, he joined when Gina Efonge lost his head. Mavuela couldn't be ignored, just because of not having a strong solo-career like Wemba, Bozi or Evoloko. Mavuela  was also in Isifi Lokole that they formed and later on Yoka Lokole, so he really deserved to be on that project.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 17:46 by Mfumu Vata »

SLK97 #4 on: August 29, 2020, 16:37

• View Profile
Wait, so Le Quatro was supposed to record a 3rd album? I thought +1 was just a bonus to their JPS contract.

Mfumu Vata #5 on: August 29, 2020, 16:57

• View Profile
Wait, so Le Quatro was supposed to record a 3rd album? I thought +1 was just a bonus to their JPS contract.

Yes. After Grand Job, they signed an 3-albums deal with JPS Production. The first one was +1, having Zaiko-legend Pepe Felly Manuaku as guest/main star. After that they had to record another album, but their were problems. According to Gina Efonge in this interview they wanted to invite Nyoka Longo on the next album and that the original plan of Jean Pierre Saah (the same Gina who said that Jean Pierre Saah didn't know the value of Le Quatro in Congolese music during the recordings of +1hahaha) was that they had to end up by recording an album of the original Zaiko (old formula without Bimi because he switched to gospel music).

After +1, they had to have concerts in Paris, Brussels, Geneva and London. But when they wanted to start with rehearshing for the concerts Papa Wemba went back with Nouvelle Ecriture to Kinshasa for concerts and the release of A La Une. Not long after that Bozi followed with Anti Choc. Jean Pierre Saah then waiting months for Papa Wemba & Bozi to come back and start with the concerts, but them not returning, asking then to Gina  & Evoloko about them and the project getting cancelled.

Mfumu Vata #6 on: August 29, 2020, 17:15

• View Profile
Thinking about the 2 million dollar-affair with Maray Maray & Gina Efonge and the stuff Gina said about Lutumba, Tabu Ley, Tshala Muana towards the end, made me think that the Congolese bandleaders and legends themselves don't want that Congolese musicindustry to go forwards. First Maisha-Parc and then this.

archos #7 on: August 31, 2020, 19:27

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
apparently vieux gina is getting threatened a lot by bazombo over that interview and the way he talked about ya jossart

Mfumu Vata #8 on: August 31, 2020, 21:19

• View Profile
apparently vieux gina is getting threatened a lot by bazombo over that interview and the way he talked about ya jossart

I already excepted it, because Nyoka Longo is like their leader/representative in Congolese music. Something similar happended to Evoloko in the past, when he attacked Nyoka Longo and said that his career was blocked by DV Muanda because of "nkisi ya bazombo". It think that it could have been escalated to a war of Bangala vs Bazombo on social media like Baluba vs Bazombo in the past, if Gina Efonge was someone of Generation Wenge or Fally/Ferre generation.

Sydo #9 on: September 03, 2020, 23:15

• View Profile
    • YouTube
He said that the name Meridjo was made by him. But this is what Meridjo said in this interview:

« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 22:34 by MusiqueZaïroise »
Formerly Musiquezairoise