Author Topic: I think that Ramazani would have earned more respect if he stayed with Wemba  (Read 3148 times)

Mfumu Vata on: September 03, 2020, 00:12

• View Profile

I think that Ramazani would have earned more respect if he stayed with Wemba and made his name more bigger in the years that would come.

Wenge1995 #1 on: September 03, 2020, 00:56

• View Profile

I think that Ramazani would have earned more respect if he stayed with Wemba and made his name more bigger in the years that would come.

It seems like he was too shy in interviews, because people gave Felly Tyson so much credit after Lebou and Beniko left.  Felly benefited because he was there since the beginning

Mfumu Vata #2 on: September 03, 2020, 01:11

• View Profile
It hasn't nothing to do with interviews. Btw it's Felly Tyson who's shy, often trying to hide his face or being nervous when getting filmed while Ramazani is a cool guy.

What I want try to say is that, back in 1997 when Nouvelle Ecriture was released until he left in 2000 with Bendoson, Pompom Miyake and Christian, he was seen as one of the best lead-guitarists of DR Congo, since that Viva La Musica/Nouvelle Ecriture used to be the most popular band of Congo after the two Wenge's in the those years. People used to praise him alot in  and saw him as the heir of Rigo Star, thinking that he would one of the greatests in the coming years. But it's like he lost all those esteem when he left Viva La Musica,  that people started to forgot him and him being often in the shadow of Felly Tyson when joining Quartier Latin while he a better guitarist then him. Also credited his work he did in Quartier Latin to Felly while it was him playing on the lead (Suivez le Guide, Code Pin, Ravisse, Gilba, Danao, Anissa, Respect).

Franco Pepe Kalle #3 on: September 03, 2020, 01:23

• View Profile
I agree with Mfumu. I think Ramazani would have given Papa Wemba more boost on his album Somo Trop.

Jdog #4 on: September 04, 2020, 09:21

• View Profile
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Wenge1995 #5 on: November 27, 2020, 18:32

• View Profile
It hasn't nothing to do with interviews. Btw it's Felly Tyson who's shy, often trying to hide his face or being nervous when getting filmed while Ramazani is a cool guy.

What I want try to say is that, back in 1997 when Nouvelle Ecriture was released until he left in 2000 with Bendoson, Pompom Miyake and Christian, he was seen as one of the best lead-guitarists of DR Congo, since that Viva La Musica/Nouvelle Ecriture used to be the most popular band of Congo after the two Wenge's in the those years. People used to praise him alot in  and saw him as the heir of Rigo Star, thinking that he would one of the greatests in the coming years. But it's like he lost all those esteem when he left Viva La Musica,  that people started to forgot him and him being often in the shadow of Felly Tyson when joining Quartier Latin while he a better guitarist then him. Also credited his work he did in Quartier Latin to Felly while it was him playing on the lead (Suivez le Guide, Code Pin, Ravisse, Gilba, Danao, Anissa, Respect).

I couldn't imagine Effrakata or Affaire d'etat without Ramazani? What reservists were in Quartier Latin at the time?

Seben_Maniac #6 on: November 27, 2020, 20:50

• View Profile
Agreed. I wished he stayed at QL until Danger De Mort. It might've been better but who knows since there were only 12 songs anyway

Mfumu Vata #7 on: November 28, 2020, 08:02

• View Profile
Danger de Mort had just 12 songs, because keymembers like Ramazani & Fofo le Collegien weren't there anymore. I'm sure that it would have been a double cd if they were still around.

Mfumu Vata #8 on: November 28, 2020, 08:10

• View Profile

Every Congolese band based of Kinshasa has more than 50 musicians, having just 3/5 guitarist from the 10 who make it on the stage. When Ramazani joined you had Fofo le Collegien, Ridens Makosso & Felly Tyson. When they came back from recording Effrakata, Poumpa Mystique joined. Not long after Affaire d'Etat Mbetenge Domingo joined coming from Academia after spending a time with General Defao in Kenya, he was very important behind the scenes for the conception of the Monde Arabe album (songs like Embargo & Aliya). Not long after that guitarist Bourman Maze joined, coming from Kenya where he used to play for General Defao, giving Koffi Olomide a few songs for Monde Arabe and becoming automatically Fofo's reserve. Then after the short Europe-tour and the recordings of Monde Arabe, Ramazani & Fofo le Collegien stayed which made Bourman Maze taking the rhythm role, Poumpa Mystique the mi-solo role and sometimes playing lead, Mbetenge Domingo playing lead along with Felly Tyson and sometimes sharing the mi-solo role.