Author Topic: Bozi Boziana & Anti Choc - Jeu Muke clip (2001)  (Read 3462 times)

SLK97 on: February 17, 2022, 17:13

• View Profile

I remember when DJ Omega used to have it up on his channel. I think he had all the clips on his channel.

Mfumu Vata #1 on: February 17, 2022, 21:16

• View Profile
Why are most of his videos in black and white ?

Mfumu Vata #2 on: February 17, 2022, 21:22

• View Profile
I always wonder how the second song of this album Mbokatie made Bozi Boziana being nominated. While you had albums like Force de Frappe of Koffi Olomide and A La Une of Nouvelle Ecriture. I don't know how big the succes of Jeu Muke was in Africa, but in Kinshasa it didn't go well because of promotion and the problems that followed later within Anti Choc. What were the criteria to get nominated at the Kora Awards ?

Was it  Theo Mbala voice who was known because of Defao's succes around Africa, that made Bozi get that nomination ?

SLK97 #3 on: February 17, 2022, 21:51

• View Profile
So Jeu Muke was the second album to grant him a Kora nomination, after Bana Saint Gabriel. Interesting. If there was any album that Bozi would've been nominated for during this period, I thought it'd be Film Ebaluki. If I recall, it was quite successful in parts of Africa thanks to Palpitation.

That means if he was still getting Kora nominations by then, Jeu Muke must've had some degree of success in a few African countries.

Mfumu Vata #4 on: February 17, 2022, 23:00

• View Profile
Oh yeah, Palpitation had a big succes in Africa. I don't remember if it was nominated at Kora Awards 2000. But if they would make a fair short-list from sept 1999 till sept 2000, I don't think that it would have made it. But you know the world world of showbizz has alot surprised. For example, when Yemi Aladé to come to the BET Awards edition of 2015, everybody tought that Fally would win the award. But out from nothing Stoneboy won which surprised everyone, because back then he had only 1 song on youtube that had just 800,000 views.

Mfumu Vata #5 on: February 19, 2022, 14:52

• View Profile

The song Mbokatie was a good story. But the videoclip didn’t follow the story like most clips at era and also didn’t convince. Isn’t it the same place where Nouvelle Ecriture recorded in 2005 their videoclip for Ness Makiadi ?

Drumstar98 #6 on: February 19, 2022, 17:25

• View Profile
The clips were filmed at Pullman Kinshasa Grand Hotel.

SLK97 #7 on: February 19, 2022, 22:28

• View Profile
I believe the dancers on the Mbokatie clip were the same ones on the Le Quatro +1 clips. Is Mbokatie about someone returning to their village after spending some time in Kinshasa, which they didn't enjoy?

Mfumu Vata #8 on: February 20, 2022, 12:21

• View Profile
I believe the dancers on the Mbokatie clip were the same ones on the Le Quatro +1 clips. Is Mbokatie about someone returning to their village after spending some time in Kinshasa, which they didn't enjoy?

Yeah, it are them dancers that used to dance in the clips of Le Quatro +1 and that of Grand Job were Bozi's dancers.

The song is about a guy being dissapointed and wanting to go back in the countryside, because of all things he went through in Kinshasa. He used to live in the countryside, having a plantation of coffee and cassava and a farm of sheeps, pig and goats that he inherited from he deceased parents. He used to live there well until his uncle of Kinshasa came to the countryside for a mourning. His uncle said that it was better to sell everything and go to live in Kinshasa, because
in his opinion the life of nephew didn't progress. When the guy finally settled in Kinshasa, he met a cougar with who he started to live. The woman was spending all his money and didn't want to economize, introducing him to the nightlife of Kinshasa. Then when all his money finished, she dumped him, saying that the guy wasn't of her level.

Mfumu Vata #9 on: February 20, 2022, 12:34

• View Profile

Drumstar98 #10 on: February 20, 2022, 14:19

• View Profile
What did Seidou pass away from?

Mfumu Vata #11 on: February 23, 2022, 16:53

• View Profile
I don't know. His death created alot of polemic and alot of people blaiming Bozi like the way Eric Lokombe suddenly lost his head.

SLK97 #12 on: February 23, 2022, 19:46

• View Profile

I find it interesting and weird that Bozi filmed a clip for Pourquoi Pas Moi, which featured Abby Surya instead of one of his own singers, but not Ekoko Ngondo, which was effectively another solo song of his. I understand not filming Mukuba because Kabose had already left Anti Choc by then, but this was a strange decision.

SLK97 #13 on: February 23, 2022, 19:52

• View Profile
I don't know. His death created alot of polemic and alot of people blaiming Bozi like the way Eric Lokombe suddenly lost his head.

I mean, with how superstitious us Congolese people are, I wouldn't be surprised by any 'Seidou was sacrificed' claims. Was the fallout from his death similar to that of the fallout from Blaise Kombo's death? If there was a lot of polemic, there must've a lot of people claiming that Bozi was finished, the same way people once said that Emeneya and Wemba were finished.

Mfumu Vata #14 on: February 23, 2022, 23:49

• View Profile
About Bozi being finished. It started after this album with all problems in the band, some members like Polystar, Theo Mbala leaving. Not long after it Bozi went to Europe with a few musicians and got arrested for the ngulu-affair, but his arrestation was really on headlines like Papa Wemba and Nyoka Longo later. Bozi then decided to slow down and then worked on the album Héros ya Congo. After his album Position Eyebani of 1998, Bozi's goal was to promote male singers more, because fans used to complain that he killed Anti Choc by promoting female singers alot. But it didn't go well with Film Ebaluki and Jeu Muke who weren't promoted well. So after that he decided to go back with promote female singer and he recruited the girl that replaced Fayila in Bana OK (I forgot her name). She sung in Lutumba's album Ingratitude.

Yeah it was similar. People claimed that Bozi ordered him and Eric Lokombe to do nkisi for the band, because of him becoming to old for it and already often losing his head. But the nkisi being to strong which made them die.

1:09:00 min

In in Ado's interview, Bozi denied all those allegations when being asked about Eric Lokombe. Bozi saying that Eric was normal and when coming to Kinshasa, acting strange during rehearsals and that his illness must be something of his family. Because when they went for the recordings of Jeu Muke, he received his visa. But when showing his passport the guard saying that it wasn't him on the picture while it was him on the picture and him having to stay in Kinshasa while the rest went to Europe. For the last trip of Anti Choc he tried once again to get Lokombe in Europe and went through Brazzaville. They did everything well, but when Eric went on the stairs of the plane, they ordered him to get down, because according them it wasn't him. Ado Yuhe forget later to ask about Seidou or maybe he didn't knew him.

About Blaise Kombo. There used to be a video on youtube of Adolphe (not knowing that he filmed) confirming that the story of Blaise Kombo was true and giving an example about him during Bercy about his jacket being stolen. But the video getting removed, having guys like Matadikibala and co talking. Last year or 2 years ago, Collegien a former guitarist of Wenge Musica also confirmed it when being interviewed by Teddy Mola even coming with a Quran.