Author Topic: Fally Ipupa - 100 (clip officiel)  (Read 3620 times)

Cavalier Solitaire #15 on: February 22, 2022, 17:22

• View Profile
It's sad for the genre but Kudos to him as he has found a niche that works for him. But am sure he is experiencing identity crisis issues (whether to refer to himself as a rumba artist or French R n B artist).

The way I see it, I don’t think he feels he has anything to achieve or prove when it comes to rumba genre as he’s one of the best in it…it’s all about getting out of your comfort zone and challenging yourself which I applaud him for or any other artist who tries to go this route. We might bash him for it but he’s making it work
I agree about getting out of your comfort zone part. But my thought is basically that he seems to have 'ditched' the genre at a time when it needs artists of his stature (one of the leaders of his generation) to defend it.  Am just imagining Bob Marley if he were alive trying out Hardcore Rap music like DMX. :D

Mais eza mokumba naye te. At the end of the day it's about what allows you to put food on your table with ease.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 17:24 by Cavalier Solitaire »

Cavalier Solitaire #16 on: February 22, 2022, 17:23

• View Profile
It's sad for the genre but Kudos to him as he has found a niche that works for him. But am sure he is experiencing identity crisis issues (whether to refer to himself as a rumba artist or French R n B artist).

The way I see it, I don’t think he feels he has anything to achieve or prove when it comes to rumba genre as he’s one of the best in it…it’s all about getting out of your comfort zone and challenging yourself which I applaud him for or any other artist who tries to go this route. We might bash him for it but he’s making it work

imagine ya jossart going like mopao and trying some afrocongo/afrobeat with that nasal voice of his  :D :D :D :D :D

Ya Jossart with his one smile and zero interview per year. Ekosimba te. :D :D

johnbas #17 on: February 22, 2022, 19:52

• View Profile
That’s a beautiful song. This is good.

BienMat23 #18 on: February 23, 2022, 16:37

• View Profile
My favourite recent album of the genre is Seve so I’m sure you guys will know I won’t prefer these Fally songs. But I’m a fan of his artistic direction, since the 80s with the paris soukous artists congolese music needs artists that make congolese inspired music for non congolese people for example aurlus mabele yondo sister Awilo longomba even BM and Fally is doing this. It helps give the country’s artistic face a view to the rest of the world. The real problem is that since Fally no longer makes Rumba nobody in Congo has stepped up to take the real number 1 spot and that’s not Fallys fault. When papa wemba made world music Kester Wenge Koffi etc stepped into the limelight and that’s what we need now Heritier maybe or someone else to take that big leap in quality of music and professionalism.