Author Topic: WHAT SONG DO YOU THINK WAS MOST SUCCESSFUL BETWEEN THESE TWO ?  (Read 9422 times)

Congolitude on: March 01, 2019, 09:21

• View Profile
I know that Ferre made a huge success with Vita-Imana (which was the most successful song of Solola Bien with the generique and Augustine) but the year after Fally released Eternellement and the song was also successful. So what song do you think actually made the most success ? I would like to know your opinion

« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 09:46 by Congolitude »

D Tabzy #1 on: March 01, 2019, 09:26

• View Profile
Eternellement, no question. Everyone wanted to be like Fally back then

Manzambi94 #2 on: March 01, 2019, 09:37

• View Profile

SYMPLICITY #3 on: March 01, 2019, 10:28

• View Profile
In Kenya Vita Imana is like an anthem. It is appreciated and instantly recognized by people with other musical preferences besides Congolese music. Eternellement is known only among diehard Rhumba addicts. The Fally song that has broken barriers over here is Associe. So on that scale, on radio and the club scene Vita Imana takes a huge lead but among Rhumba enthusiasts difficult to tell.

Manzambi94 #4 on: March 01, 2019, 10:34

• View Profile
In Kenya Vita Imana is like an anthem. It is appreciated and instantly recognized by people with other musical preferences besides Congolese music. Eternellement is known only among diehard Rhumba addicts. The Fally song that has broken barriers over here is Associe. So on that scale, on radio and the club scene Vita Imana takes a huge lead but among Rhumba enthusiasts difficult to tell.
I agrre eith Associe. Associe and Liputa are the song who are the most known and loved by Congolese people because it was his first Album while Ferre except for his last 8/9 years didn't have really an impact in the rumba department, because his marketing team.was bad.

mvulusi96 #5 on: March 01, 2019, 12:37

People are now comparing Vita Imana and Eternellement, because Fally is a big star now. But back in those days nobody was comparing Vita Imana to Eternellement. People starting comparing the two songs when Ferre joined Quartier Latin, starting doing it on skyblog (I don't know if it still exists). I always laugh if I see people claiming on facebook and instagram that Eternellement was succesfuller than Vita Imana, like they witnessed the succes of both songs, but when I look their personal pages then I always discover that they were born in the mid or late 90s.

I don't really like Ferre, but we need to tell the truth. In 2000, it was about Werrason vs JB Mpiana and when the two albums of the guys came out (Solola Bien & TH) it took DR Congo by storm. Vita Imana was then a very huge succes when Solola Bien came out. Back in those days it was one of the two most listened rumba's of 2000. People starting fighting about which was the best rumba between 48 Heures Gecoco and Vita Imana.

Eternellement was also a succes, but not on level of Vita Imana. Dulcinee of Eric Tutsi which was on the same album (Force de Frappe) had a bigger succes. But many people forget about that. It took also some time for people to accept Koffi's Force de Frappe which is always the case when he was releasing bandalbums and solo albums.

Nobody wanted to be like Fally then, back in those days people were dreaming to be like Alain Mpela (Chef du Gouvernement), Werrason, Papa Wemba or JB Mpiana. People wanted to be like Fally when Droit Chemin started to get succes with the young generation wanting his haircut.  This reminds me about Papa Wemba's career with people trying to change the history before his solo career.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 12:41 by mvulusi96 »

Manzambi94 #6 on: March 01, 2019, 12:57

• View Profile
Yes Fally's droit chemin was the thing but in reality before that QL wasn't much known for his solo artist and we must not forget that Bill, Celeo, Ferre, Heritier and the rest of the dream team were the most recognizible faces in Congo

mvulusi96 #7 on: March 01, 2019, 13:12

Yes Fally's droit chemin was the thing but in reality before that QL wasn't much known for his solo artist and we must not forget that Bill, Celeo, Ferre, Heritier and the rest of the dream team were the most recognizible faces in Congo

Also when he started that Droit Chemin-project, people weren't believing in his album succeeding (including me). I think that the war between Koffi against Fally boosted the album more (About Fally not more coming to QL-concerts and Koffi saying that he never authorized Fally to give concerts for his album), because in the two months it was so/so. Also journalists like Naty Lokole, Arsene Kamango, etc. supporting him with huge promotion helped him alot. With them being fed up with the old generation (JB Mpiana, Werrason, Koffi Olomide, etc) who wanted always to control/dominate them.

I remember Naty Lokole trying to convince Soleil Wanga, Didier Lacoste, etc. in interviews to start their solo career, giving them the example of Fally Ipupa.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 13:19 by mvulusi96 »

faithandwar #8 on: March 01, 2019, 20:51

• View Profile
I can't believe the two are actually being compared... I mean it's Vita Imana lol
YO NELYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEH OOOHHH-OHHH NELLY EH MWANA MABE

I was born in the late 90's and I still know this song goes hard and was much more successful than Eternellement.

Why are there so many Fally purists trying to revise the rivalry between those two on social media anyways? I feel like they do the same thing between Clan Wenge vs QL.

Wenge1995 #9 on: March 01, 2019, 21:42

• View Profile
@mvulusi96

I'm surprised people didn't think Droit Chemin would be successful. Fally always stole the show in concerts with his dance solos, he had great songs in the group albums of Quartier Latin, and had a media friendly personality that journalist like...that pretty much the reciepe for a great solo artist!

Bohemian Rhapsody #10 on: March 02, 2019, 00:06

• View Profile
Fally's charm, dancing skills and singing skills has elevated his popularity. His sound, Rumba R&B, also is another fact in his success.

What's next for him?

Mirobexx #11 on: March 02, 2019, 02:30

• View Profile
Vita Imana for me .If you listen to it live the Bercy version.When the crowd sang it was just pure gold.The crowd went with the sound.

shamala #12 on: March 02, 2019, 02:43

• View Profile
Dulcinee of Eric Tutsi which was on the same album (Force de Frappe) had a bigger succes. But many people forget about that.

Nice song. Here is another version
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

Manzambi94 #13 on: March 02, 2019, 05:53

• View Profile
@mvulusi96

I'm surprised people didn't think Droit Chemin would be successful. Fally always stole the show in concerts with his dance solos, he had great songs in the group albums of Quartier Latin, and had a media friendly personality that journalist like...that pretty much the reciepe for a great solo artist!
You must understand that QL wasn't and it isn't maison mere the only successful solo artist coming out from there are Ferre and Brigade who were Maisoj Mere members beside Fally not even a single guy has managed to have a successful solo career for 10+ years, when Fally went solo QL was not known for having solo artist, Fally took a huge risk by leaving QL with Koffi not being happy about it, with fans and people thinking he was crazy to leave QL being the Golden Child and that probably his album would have flopped still to these days Ferre sees Fally as one of his petit, because when he was in QL Fally was desperately trying to copy the Wenge style so people were surprise that droit chemin had this success.

CM PRINCE #14 on: March 02, 2019, 11:18

• View Profile
@mvulusi96

You must understand that QL wasn't and it isn't maison mere the only successful solo artist coming out from there are Ferre and Brigade who were Maisoj Mere members beside Fally not even a single guy has managed to have a successful solo career for 10+ years, when Fally went solo QL was not known for having solo artist, Fally took a huge risk by leaving QL with Koffi not being happy about it, with fans and people thinking he was crazy to leave QL being the Golden Child and that probably his album would have flopped still to these days Ferre sees Fally as one of his petit, because when he was in QL Fally was desperately trying to copy the Wenge style so people were surprise that droit chemin had this success.
Brigade is a QL guy  not Maison Mere he was already brigade when he joined Maison Mere this is a fact he came from Latino and you're saying when fally  went solo no one in QL was not known for having a solo artist okay so what about Maison Mere then? Cause it was the same thing. Just cause you're a Maison Mere fan don't try and rewrite history like that