Author Topic: THIS IS WHAT I FEARED WITH ROBINIO  (Read 5149 times)

archos on: December 18, 2019, 15:58

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

with the success of misu na misu i was fearing robinio might try continue down that route instead of proper generique, which he was pretty strong at,but it seems since misu na misu gave him some contracts he has sacrificed for a while generiques( his last hit in generique is tia nanu boye which is years ago now)

CM PRINCE #1 on: December 18, 2019, 16:22

• View Profile
Why’s the caption saying Banger? Banger where??? What is this

shamala #2 on: December 18, 2019, 16:27

• View Profile
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

CM PRINCE #3 on: December 18, 2019, 16:33

• View Profile

mvulusi96 #4 on: December 18, 2019, 21:19

Rest In Peace Ndombolo. Thanks MTV Africa, Canal + Afrique, Trace Urban and BBblack for influecing the youngsters and dj's of Kinshasa to kill our music.

Now I'm hoping that about a messias from Europe coming to Kinshasa with an album to save Ndombolo, like the way Karmapa came with Je m'Appelle Toi to, giving rumba a new breath. We are lucky that those who are born in Europe aren't really obessed with Nigerian/Urban music, but the problem is that they aren't taken serious and don't now how to make Ndombolo commercial, switching then  often to Afro-trap, Coupe Decale because its easier. Maybe that Awilo can coach them how to do it.

anastasio571 #5 on: December 18, 2019, 21:28

• View Profile
Rest In Peace Ndombolo. Thanks MTV Africa, Canal + Afrique, Trace Urban and BBblack for influecing the youngsters and dj's of Kinshasa to kill our music.

Now I'm hoping that about a messias from Europe coming to Kinshasa with an album to save Ndombolo, like the way Karmapa came with Je m'Appelle Toi to, giving rumba a new breath. We are lucky that those who are born in Europe aren't really obessed with Nigerian/Urban music, but the problem is that they aren't taken serious and don't now how to make Ndombolo commercial, switching then  often to Afro-trap, Coupe Decale because its easier. Maybe that Awilo can coach them how to do it.

That is completely sad. Also the year 2003 is no longer "Ndombolo". When Awilo making a comeback with Superman, he started with Coupe Decale music. Because from Moto Pamba until Mondongo become to old.

From 2001 till this day Wazekwa was the only guy who released 2 or 3 generics in his albums. In Faux Mutu Moko Boye he had 2 (Direct & Qui dit moi je sais).

faithandwar #6 on: December 19, 2019, 01:28

• View Profile

And by them do you mean the musicians that are members of offshoot orchestras 10-20 years ago or the youngsters that also appreciate Ndombolo?

JV “Lone Ranger” #7 on: December 19, 2019, 07:54

• View Profile
His voice makes me want to shoot myself in the ears

Tata Nkiadi #8 on: December 19, 2019, 21:47

• Congolais abotami na Etas-Unis
    • View Profile

I agree with all of this. When you do music like this, you dilute what the Congolese music ancestors passed down. I wish these older heads would get back to financing and mentoring young street bands. The sound is dying with our musicians. 

Manzambi94 #9 on: December 19, 2019, 22:17

• View Profile
Guys actually there are Europan Congolese guys who tries to bring the ndimbolo sound Ya Levis with Tourbillon and no one supported him until he changed the style into zouk and found success with Katchua, BM from Emglamd was making crazy numbers with Rosalina I posted him twice with Rosalina and Bi Landa Landa ft. Robinio nobody paid attention. Bouleman was there in Framce defending Comgilese music and nobody paid attentiom youmgsters from Europe who wants to keep the soumd alive are there but most of the forum and Congolese people do not support them that's the reality. The fact youngsters don't want to make Congolese music being from Congo is not due to foreigner loe but is because they have seen all the trials amd tribulations artist face when in Big groups do you think an Innoss'B could accept being in LM Villanova knowing he will not get paid or being force to do satanist shit in Wenge to get ahead? Or wait forever an album to drop like in BCBG?

mvulusi96 #10 on: December 19, 2019, 23:03

Yes, some are scared for nkisi. But that isn't the reason that most youngsters of Kinshasa doesn't want to do Ndombolo-music. Because you would have to do the same thing if you do coupe-decale. If you follow those radio-trotoir of Kinshasa, you will know that Gaz Mawete, Anita Mwarabu, Rebo and Inoss B are now also in those little things.The reason that most youngsters of Kinshasa don't like do it, it's because it isn't cool anymore and they are influenced by those Canal + Afrique, MTV Africa, Trace Urban, which back in the 2000s and late 90s didn't exist and channels of France were then only available for the elite living in Binza, Ma Campagne, Gombe, Limete and a part of Lemba and Kintambo (with the children of those families really being exposed to music of abroad and the live of Europe), while those living in Petrocongo (Masina, Kasa-Vubu, Bandalungwa, Matete, etc. sticking to the raw music of Werrason, JB Mpiana, Koffi Olomide, Felix Wazekwa, etc. and not really being into rap, coupe decale (which started slowly to come in). I advice you to spend some weeks in Kinshasa and you will then understand what I mean. You will see how those "chaines cablee" are influencing those youngsters, but they aren't that much anymore like 2006-2012.

Also most people don't watch tv-channels of Congo anymore (the opposite of those living in Europe, who are now starting to watch RTNC), they mostly watch to European channels and want to try to copy their lives, parties, etc. Starting to do sex-tapes, becoming bisexual, etc. just because its cool in their opinion. Tv-serie, Novelas for example really influence girls in Kinshasa. Those who still like Ndombolo-music mostly join gospel-bands to play like Flamme Kapaya and Papy Kakol. The rest are rumba-lover and try their best to copy Ferre or Fally.

Another is that with Coupe Decale/Afro Beat music, its easier to record and get fame in Kinshasa. You have just to give all famous dj's of Kinshasa a shout-out in your song and you song will easily be played in bar and get very quick succes.

anastasio571 #11 on: December 20, 2019, 08:41

• View Profile
I saw when DJ Arafat died some months ago, everybody (especially his mother) stopping with Coupe Decale.

SLK97 #12 on: December 20, 2019, 09:14

• View Profile
I saw when DJ Arafat died some months ago, everybody (especially his mother) stopping with Coupe Decale.

Even before DJ Arafat died, Coupe Decale wasn't as popular as it was last decade because of the rise of Afrobeats.

mvulusi96 #13 on: December 20, 2019, 13:05

Yes, Coupe-Decale doesn't have the same impact it had like in the years 2003-2010. But when I talk about Coupe Decale, its the Coupe Decale style of Kin-Brazza, which include tribal rhythms of mongo-music or something that of the Bakongo, with the songs often being about sex.

The first generation coupe-decale in Kinshasa and Brazza, were those who came in 2006. Papy Mbavu with Kotazo and DJ Nzete Ousama with Yako Tia.

that part if so funny from 4:58 min (allez petite longola forme hahahahhahaa he's crazy)

« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 13:14 by mvulusi96 »

anastasio571 #14 on: December 20, 2019, 13:46

• View Profile
Yes, Coupe-Decale doesn't have the same impact it had like in the years 2003-2010. But when I talk about Coupe Decale, its the Coupe Decale style of Kin-Brazza, which include tribal rhythms of mongo-music or something that of the Bakongo, with the songs often being about sex.

The first generation coupe-decale in Kinshasa and Brazza, were those who came in 2006. Papy Mbavu with Kotazo and DJ Nzete Ousama with Yako Tia.

that part if so funny from 4:58 min (allez petite longola forme hahahahhahaa he's crazy)

Ya Papy hahahahahaha so crazy.

After the release of Awilo's Superman, In 2009 Koffi used also to do that in Chicottte a Papa (without Bass, Guitar Solo and the sebene) & Werra in Techno Malewa Automatique and Radio Version on Sans Cesse. The problem is that Werrason didn't record Techno Malewa Mécanique on Suite et fin only the sebene of Nzambe aza malamu (Papy's song). Years long before the release i was waiting for Mecanique instead of Coupe Decale-Style on that album like he used to record Mecanique on the last minute in Kinshasa for Sans Cesse, but on the end i see only the name Automatique, Radio Version and Instrumemtal with the Coupe Decale-Style.