Author Topic: If Tutu Callugi was a member of Wenge Maison Mere  (Read 5467 times)

Franco Pepe Kalle on: September 19, 2018, 06:38

• View Profile
I wonder if Tutu Callugi was in Wenge Maison Mere, I think he would have fitted in well. I feel like Werrason would have had a easier time because Tutu Callugi was very creative in his animations and he knew how to put people down.

I think of this because of Coco Mandimba of Werrason from Pentagone of Wenge Musica BCBG

BTW notice how Werrason enjoys dancing alongside Adolphe Dominguez. Also Werrason enjoyed Tutu Callugi's animations in the song.

Congolitude #1 on: September 19, 2018, 13:12

• View Profile
I wonder if Tutu Callugi and Bill Clinton would have made a good duo ?  ???

PS : by seeing the clip of Coco Madimba we already felt the split come with JB Mpiana and Blaise Bula not being in the clip of Werra and Werra not being in the clip of JB no comment schengen

SLK97 #2 on: September 19, 2018, 21:14

• View Profile
While Bill Clinton would still be the no.1 atalaku for the MM Dream Team Dream Band, I think Werra would've given Calugi a bit more space to animate than he did with Celeo until after Solola Bien.

mvulusi96 #3 on: September 19, 2018, 21:46

While Bill Clinton would still be the no.1 atalaku for the MM Dream Team Dream Band, I think Werra would've given Calugi a bit more space to animate than he did with Celeo until after Solola Bien.

hahaha, nobody knew Bill Clinton back in 1997 when Maison Mere started only some people who knew him for his animations in Royaume Lifaki. Tutu Calugi used to be the best atalaku of DRC in that era and don't forget that Bill was animating like Calugi before Intervention Rapide. The coaching of Werrason and his staff made him change his style. I don't even think that they would recruit Bill, if Calugi was around. They would have recruited someone who would do Ekokota's role. In Maison Mere they rejected all atalaku's who were animating like Calugi because of Bill in 1997 & 1998 (Bidjana, Gentamicine, etc.).

Wenge1995 #4 on: September 19, 2018, 23:18

• View Profile
@Franco Pepe Kalle

There was zero chance of that ever happening, because JB Mpiana left Wenge with all the sponsorships, European tours lined up and studio time for a group album. He was effectively taking the winning conditions with him!

Remember, Ficcare rehearsed in private sessions with Werrason before the split but ended up in BCBG anyway

Congolitude #5 on: September 20, 2018, 09:00

• View Profile

hahaha, nobody knew Bill Clinton back in 1997 when Maison Mere started only some people who knew him for his animations in Royaume Lifaki. Tutu Calugi used to be the best atalaku of DRC in that era and don't forget that Bill was animating like Calugi before Intervention Rapide. The coaching of Werrason and his staff made him change his style. I don't even think that they would recruit Bill, if Calugi was around. They would have recruited someone who would do Ekokota's role. In Maison Mere they rejected all atalaku's who were animating like Calugi because of Bill in 1997 & 1998 (Bidjana, Gentamicine, etc.).

I think that Mboshi Lipassa or even Dolce Somono was far and far better than Tutu Callugi. Tutu Callugi is not a bad atalaku but I think he was too overrated. Callugi never knew how to replace Ekokota, he did not have the vocal power that Ekokota had. He just enjoy the fall of Ekokota. This is why, I dont understand why all the young atalaku of this era was following Callugi...

Only my opinion

mvulusi96 #6 on: September 20, 2018, 09:25

I think that Mboshi Lipassa or even Dolce Somono was far and far better than Tutu Callugi. Tutu Callugi is not a bad atalaku but I think he was too overrated. Callugi never knew how to replace Ekokota, he did not have the vocal power that Ekokota had. He just enjoy the fall of Ekokota. This is why, I dont understand why all the young atalaku of this era was following Callugi...

Only my opinion

never knew how to replace Ekokota ? He is a tenorist not a falsetto atalaku. It's like you are comparing Gessac to Papy Louange.

Calugi came with a new style of animating which was different then what Ekokota, Djuna Mumbafu, Beevans were doing and his voice was totally different, while all atalaku's who were animating before Ekokota had a strong voice. When he was animinating it was like he was singing, which amazed everybody. You had to live in that era to understand that. This all that made a new generation of atalaku's Pecos, Theo Mbala, CNN, Mboshi Lipassa, Celeo, Gentamicine, etc. who were inspired of him. Mboshi Lipassa & Theo Mbala still have big respect for Tutu Calugi. Mboshi praise him alot in interviews. Theo Mbala even says that he merites a certificate from him of being the best student of "Ecole des Calugiste" and not Gentamicine. Both used to sing in the same band in Ngiri-Ngiri before Calugi joined Wenge.

Congolitude #7 on: September 20, 2018, 20:15

• View Profile

Only my opinion

never knew how to replace Ekokota ? He is a tenorist not a falsetto atalaku. It's like you are comparing Gessac to Papy Louange.

Calugi came with a new style of animating which was different then what Ekokota, Djuna Mumbafu, Beevans were doing and his voice was totally different, while all atalaku's who were animating before Ekokota had a strong voice. When he was animinating it was like he was singing, which amazed everybody. You had to live in that era to understand that. This all that made a new generation of atalaku's Pecos, Theo Mbala, CNN, Mboshi Lipassa, Celeo, Gentamicine, etc. who were inspired of him. Mboshi Lipassa & Theo Mbala still have big respect for Tutu Calugi. Mboshi praise him alot in interviews. Theo Mbala even says that he merites a certificate from him of being the best student of "Ecole des Calugiste" and not Gentamicine. Both used to sing in the same band in Ngiri-Ngiri before Calugi joined Wenge.

I see what you mean, I wanted to say that Ekokota brought a great power with his voice in Wenge's animations that it made me weird to hear the voice of Tutu Callugi because he had a voice much softer than that of Ekokota

Wenge1995 #8 on: September 20, 2018, 22:07

• View Profile
@Congolitude

With the exception of Bill Clinton Kalonji, Gessac, and Djuna Mumbafu...tenorist atalaku last the test of time since their voices aren't put through as much stress over the years as shouting atalakus.

That's my Arafat 2500 Volts outlasted Kila Mbongo, that's why Mboshi Lipassa outlasted Somono Dolce.

MrLENOIR #9 on: October 06, 2018, 11:38

• View Profile
Tutu Callugi knew he had a difficult task to fill Ekokota's shoes that is why he did him, his own style without trying too hard to fit. He didnt  struggle to replace him  -Ekokota was already undergoing several challenges in his personal life including illness.

Tutu Callugi is a legend and mind you Animation was not what he really intended to do ---He was patient till JB gave him a compsing role in Internet and there we see Young Tutu singing ballads.

Tutu is loved by most Wenge musicians because -He uplifts the instrumentalists and musicians spirits. And it was JB who made the decision which was also approved by the late Papa Wemba of Tutu to particiapte in 'Cavalier Solitaire'.

Many young Atalakus rapped like Tutu because his style was winning and there he is standing tall as the Legend of Ndombolo!!

All Hail Les Number 1
Tutu Callugi

PCGY KASTELLO #10 on: October 07, 2018, 07:41

• View Profile
Ekokota is a legend. And I prefer him to Tutu