Author Topic: DIDIER LACOSTE INTERVIEW WITH NATY LOKOLE  (Read 8783 times)

archos on: April 22, 2014, 22:48

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

JV “Lone Ranger” #1 on: April 23, 2014, 02:43

• View Profile

Jdog #2 on: April 23, 2014, 03:14

• View Profile
I hope he stops with those folklore generiques and goes back to sebene.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

JV “Lone Ranger” #3 on: April 23, 2014, 03:18

• View Profile
I just want to know why he truly believe he's in the same level with Ferre and Fally

archos #4 on: April 23, 2014, 08:40

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
I just want to know why he truly believe he's in the same level with Ferre and Fally

because he is with fally and ferre the other one of their generation to be nominated alongside older musicians for trophies,to eventually win some,and also something is true is that his generiques bonioma and  kayungula seke bien(circulation mutambu) are very succesful in  bars,nightclubs and so on
seke bien even becoming a common expression in kinshasa(and congolese comnnunities all over the world)
in terms of image,he miles behind fally and ferre,but i have to admit that,going like 6 times to kinshasa,in a year sometimes,i keep hearing his generiques everywhere
that's why journalists even ask him how a good singer like him  can have generiques who dominate his rumbas like that
also he has joined them "in the dark world" so it might make me think he is on their level

ngombeshenzi55 #5 on: April 23, 2014, 09:25

• View Profile
Archos you have explained everything in one word. case closed.

archos #6 on: April 23, 2014, 09:30

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
Archos you have explained everything in one word. case closed.

which one?

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #7 on: April 23, 2014, 12:40

• Administrator
    • View Profile

because he is with fally and ferre the other one of their generation to be nominated alongside older musicians for trophies,to eventually win some,and also something is true is that his generiques bonioma and  kayungula seke bien(circulation mutambu) are very succesful in  bars,nightclubs and so on
seke bien even becoming a common expression in kinshasa(and congolese comnnunities all over the world)
in terms of image,he miles behind fally and ferre,but i have to admit that,going like 6 times to kinshasa,in a year sometimes,i keep hearing his generiques everywhere
that's why journalists even ask him how a good singer like him  can have generiques who dominate his rumbas like that
also he has joined them "in the dark world" so it might make me think he is on their level
Boinioma was the most popular and won him an award. This new ne seke bien is okay but he wanted to repeat the success of bonioma but it's been a flop.
the expression seke bien may not really be attributed to the success of the generique by Lacoste but as usual the street talk, it's musicians who take the street talk into music ,some of it also comes from the Congolese dramas/ films.

Lacoste is a very good musician, his singing is good as well but he becomes irritating. You know, there are certain voices which are only good for certain song arrangements and some like Lacoste's,Manda Chante' and Aimelia's are not good for lead vocals, they compliment others.

On success, Lacoste sunk the likes of Fally and Ferre on music quality of his first album Kingongolo, he was miles ahead but overall success, Fally and Ferre beat him, he needs to pull up his socks if he has to compare or even compete with Ferre and Fally, they are miles ahead of him even with their monotonous music.
LE BIG BOSS

KAISARI #8 on: April 23, 2014, 14:21

• Soul Rebel
    • View Profile
...I believe Lacoste is talking about musical success not monetary and that one word that Archos mentioned is "Win"...
You do not beat a drum with one finger

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #9 on: April 23, 2014, 21:10

• Administrator
    • View Profile
...I believe Lacoste is talking about musical success not monetary and that one word that Archos mentioned is "Win"...
I know what Lacoste is talking about.
Success in any art is managing to stay relevant by getting more fans ready to pay to watch you, winning awards and making money.
Time for useless awards is over, the award Lacoste won(Ndule) is by a bunch of music critics and journalists who are fans of musicians and are easily corrupted, it's just some trophy with fuckall to show for it now wonder JB Mpiana has never paid attention to all the useless awards including Kora.
Let Lacoste keep winning Ndule awards whilst clever and better singers Ferre and Fally make their money,he's not getting younger so he should remember that so he must respect Fally and Ferre who can now afford to put him on a salary.
LE BIG BOSS

JV “Lone Ranger” #10 on: April 23, 2014, 21:12

• View Profile

I really don't see why people say his generique are good or successful....here in europe, especially london his music is nowhere to be found in clubs or parties....i personally hate his boring Mabele Lisi type of generique and find it loud.

Jdog #11 on: April 24, 2014, 16:03

• View Profile

i personally hate his boring Mabele Lisi type of generique and find it loud.
Exactly!!!......If he wants does types of generiques he should do a video like Fally's Power 001 and have Lobeso animate in it.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

KAISARI #12 on: April 24, 2014, 17:11

• Soul Rebel
    • View Profile
I know what Lacoste is talking about.
Success in any art is managing to stay relevant by getting more fans ready to pay to watch you, winning awards and making money.
Time for useless awards is over, the award Lacoste won(Ndule) is by a bunch of music critics and journalists who are fans of musicians and are easily corrupted, it's just some trophy with fuckall to show for it now wonder JB Mpiana has never paid attention to all the useless awards including Kora.
Let Lacoste keep winning Ndule awards whilst clever and better singers Ferre and Fally make their money,he's not getting younger so he should remember that so he must respect Fally and Ferre who can now afford to put him on a salary.
How Mr.Dj contradicts himself, it was you a while back that started a thread on how Fally an Ferre should take heed of Lacoste and Kabose because the latter two made better music. And Lactose is composer as well so you won't here other known composers crying foul...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 17:47 by KAISARI »
You do not beat a drum with one finger