Author Topic: EXTRA MUSICA ZENITH 2001  (Read 16418 times)

JV “Lone Ranger” #30 on: March 04, 2021, 09:31

• View Profile

Seben_Maniac #31 on: March 04, 2021, 16:26

• View Profile
This might be an unpopular opinion but I prefer Extra Musica over Jb Mpiana/Wenge BCBG

Loooooooooooooooooooooool

I just prefer the aggressive style and they do it better than BCBG. Im really starting to think they are underrated on here lol that's crazy. What albums do you think they have that is better than Etat Major, Shalai, and Trop cest trop?

CM PRINCE #32 on: March 04, 2021, 16:33

• View Profile
This might be an unpopular opinion but I prefer Extra Musica over Jb Mpiana/Wenge BCBG

Loooooooooooooooooooooool

I just prefer the aggressive style and they do it better than BCBG. Im really starting to think they are underrated on here lol that's crazy. What albums do you think they have that is better than Etat Major, Shalai, and Trop cest trop?
That’s so easy, Titanic, TH, Internet.
Loool for me it’s the opposite I think they’re overrated on here, because I’ve never ever heard anyone in person discuss Extra Musica. Especially when talking about the greatest groups, Extra’s name never comes up. I even wrote in my Congolese gc with 30+ people where we talk about music and Congo and I asked them if anyone listens to Extra Musica and almost everyone said no, except one person who only listens to État Major, some didn’t even know who they were, and there’s olders in that gc as well, that says a lot.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 16:40 by CM PRINCE »

Seben_Maniac #33 on: March 04, 2021, 17:07

• View Profile
I like those albums and they are classics but I still wouldn't put them over the Exta Musica albums in my opinion. The way I see it is that there are way more people from Kin than Brazza, so there a lot of Congolese that dont listen to them and that's fine. But if you take the popularity aspect out of the equation, the talent and quality of their music is up there, especially with BCBG. They just dont have the same recognition
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 17:12 by Seben_Maniac »

Cavalier Solitaire #34 on: March 04, 2021, 18:18

• View Profile

The good thing about Extra Musica
Their rumbas are not the sloooow type we being subjected to nowadays by Kin based groups.
They still do proper sebene tracks (atleast upto the 2018 album 242) which is not the case anymore with most Kin groups.
Their albums are not long, maximum 14 tracks out of which probably only one or two would be rated as boring.

Speaking of popularity Extra Musica was really popular in Africa during Etat Major, Shalai and Trop Cest Trop. Its not by chance that Etat Major has 15 million views on YouTube which some recent releases can't even come close to. Perhaps their own archilles' heel was being copycats of Wenge Musica, but then again which group in both Congos hasn't copied from groups before them.

BienMat23 #35 on: March 04, 2021, 18:54

• View Profile

Their rumbas are not the sloooow type we being subjected to nowadays by Kin based groups.
They still do proper sebene tracks (atleast upto the 2018 album 242) which is not the case anymore with most Kin groups.
Their albums are not long, maximum 14 tracks out of which probably only one or two would be rated as boring.

Speaking of popularity Extra Musica was really popular in Africa during Etat Major, Shalai and Trop Cest Trop. Its not by chance that Etat Major has 15 million views on YouTube which some recent releases can't even come close to. Perhaps their own archilles' heel was being copycats of Wenge Musica, but then again which group in both Congos hasn't copied from groups before them.
This I must agree with and in my personal opinion if we do just use the quality aspect Trop cest trop as an album can go head to head with any BCBG album

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #36 on: March 04, 2021, 19:07

• View Profile
I think its on his side cause on my side Extra Musica is well known and respected, they even made a mistake of calling them to our national carnival and they shocked everyone with the nonsense Roga Rogarise Extra........... Wenge vs Extra , Extra wins for me they have classic generiques on their albums.

Roga Roga #37 on: March 05, 2021, 05:50

• View Profile

I dont think if Wenge can reach that view on a single song in youtube, Extra are much better than Wenge till today.

Roga Roga #38 on: March 05, 2021, 05:51

• View Profile

I dont think if Wenge can reach that view on a single song in youtube, Extra are much better than Wenge till today.

I dont think if Wenge can reach that view on a single song in youtube, Extra are much better than Wenge till today

Roga Roga #39 on: March 05, 2021, 05:54

• View Profile
I think its on his side cause on my side Extra Musica is well known and respected, they even made a mistake of calling them to our national carnival and they shocked everyone with the nonsense Roga Rogarise Extra........... Wenge vs Extra , Extra wins for me they have classic generiques on their albums.

Not only classic generiques but also distinctive generiques. The problem of this forum is Anti-Brazaville Musician may be most of the forum member comes from Kin

Ken Bilele #40 on: March 05, 2021, 10:48

• View Profile

Bro, you do not have to explain yourself much, you are stating facts as they are in Southern Africa. Same here in East Africa, the NAME Roga Roga comes ahead of JB Mpiana and Werrason. Extra Musica are well respected in East Africa.

dany #41 on: March 05, 2021, 16:19

• Music is therapy
    • View Profile
Extra musica surpassed wenge musica before they split, however every wenge offshoots are more relevant today than Etra musica’s. They did raise the profile of ndombolo in lot of African countries and therefore they deserve more recognition than they deserve. The problem with DRC music fans is they’re self self absorbed and biased in their support of the genre. Extra musica’s style and execution is more beautiful than Wenge’s to non Lingala speakers

JV “Lone Ranger” #42 on: March 05, 2021, 16:28

• View Profile
I can’t believe what I’m reading here, must be an early April fool day prank.

Monsieur Congo #43 on: March 05, 2021, 17:18

• View Profile
Extra Musica better than Wenge Musica??  What kind of BS? Do you guys know Extra Blindly plagiarised old Wenge 4x4 songs.
Like CM Prince and JV said most of us na poto we don’t play Extra Musica over here.

archos #44 on: March 05, 2021, 17:48

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 to me the thing is simple guys,extra musica marketed themselves a bit better in some areas so of course their music was seen as better since people were used to it more( and until today we see some artists who are seen as the best for lack of proper competition,so people like what they see since thats what is offered to them)
 its a bit like wenge and the koffi who adapted to wenge to remain relevant,koffi was much more proactive in clips and things like that and it gave an edge without necessarily meaning it was totally better
and one thing i take hats off to roga roga for is that  he understood the importance of his name being stuck in people's ears very early, you will see for example that alain makaba  was not shouted out much on key wenge songs while roga roga from les nouveaux milles to obligatoire which is for me the end of the real extra musica his name is in every key generique  or song with his rock guitar signatures ,so he succeeded in doing what masela and makaba failed to do,and until today he's built his name so much that even with the weakest extra musica team ever  he is still highly regarded outside congo and carries all the past glory of extra musica on his shoulders