Author Topic: Disco Hit Magazine of the year 1989 (King Kester Emeneya, Debaba & Pepe Kalle)  (Read 3743 times)

Drumstar98 on: May 17, 2020, 00:58

• View Profile
This Magazine reminds of me when Kester Emeneya humiliated Fernand Mabala from Congo Brazzaville on Zaire No1 that video clip is very rare.

Mfumu Vata #1 on: May 17, 2020, 01:29

• View Profile

Drumstar98 #2 on: May 17, 2020, 01:31

• View Profile
Sadly I don't have the footage or the full magazine I founded it on Google images.

jeantwatwa #3 on: May 17, 2020, 10:50

• View Profile
This Magazine reminds of me when Kester Emeneya humiliated Fernand Mabala from Congo Brazzaville on Zaire No1 that video clip is very rare.

Skin bleaching was all the rage those days  ;D

Drumstar98 #4 on: May 17, 2020, 10:52

• View Profile
The flash and the brightness of their camera really tells the truth that they used bleaching cream.

BercysFinest98 #5 on: May 17, 2020, 12:06

• View Profile

Humiliated how?

Drumstar98 #6 on: May 17, 2020, 14:05

• View Profile
From what my mum told me that Emeneya was singing Nzinzi and he sang "Mbanda alati nini?" as an attack to Fernand Mabala and the whole crowd screamed she also told me that Fernand was on Papa Wemba's team that's why Kester Emeneya humiliated him.

And think they were rivals at the time since the mid-80s I think it was a sape war.

Franco Pepe Kalle #7 on: May 17, 2020, 16:20

• View Profile
Thank you for the magazine. Actually for Pepe Kalle, he was about to leave Empire Bakuba. Apparently during this time, Pepe Kalle was having too much fun and apparently Dilu Dilumona and Papy Tex were very mad as well as other musicians. Also, Pepe Kalle had left Empire Bakuba briefly. He did not give any shoutout to Dilu Dilumona and Papy Tex on his song Pon Moun Paka Bouge. He only gave a shoutout to Djouna Mumbafu. This is according to Djouna Mumbafu.

Paysan Congolais #8 on: May 17, 2020, 17:24

• View Profile
Thank you for the magazine. Actually for Pepe Kalle, he was about to leave Empire Bakuba. Apparently during this time, Pepe Kalle was having too much fun and apparently Dilu Dilumona and Papy Tex were very mad as well as other musicians. Also, Pepe Kalle had left Empire Bakuba briefly. He did not give any shoutout to Dilu Dilumona and Papy Tex on his song Pon Moun Paka Bouge. He only gave a shoutout to Djouna Mumbafu. This is according to Djouna Mumbafu.

Can you please post the interview where Djuna is saying those things.

Franco Pepe Kalle #9 on: May 17, 2020, 17:48

• View Profile

Absolutely sir.

Here are two interviews where he speaks on this issue

Paysan Congolais #10 on: May 20, 2020, 05:52

• View Profile

Absolutely sir.

Here are two interviews where he speaks on this issue

Thanks a lot, my friend.