Author Topic: Extra musica 242 is out  (Read 9762 times)

Longbluesquid on: March 06, 2018, 12:58

• View Profile

Seben_Maniac #1 on: March 06, 2018, 15:10

• View Profile
Bought the album. I would give it a 7/10. I was surprised that the album was 90% sebene. But don't let that fool you. Despite having some really good and classic parts, it was quite repetive as it retained that same monotonous brazza sound. It had so much potential but I feel like they were too scared to go all out and be innovative.

archos #2 on: March 06, 2018, 15:23

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 yeah i agree but the  positivei find  is that there is zero song with dominant programming

Longbluesquid #3 on: March 06, 2018, 15:51

• View Profile
I'm just starting the album now haha.

Seben_Maniac #4 on: March 06, 2018, 22:08

• View Profile
yeah i agree but the  positivei find  is that there is zero song with dominant programming
True. Hopefully this is a start of bigger things to come.

mokosarkani #5 on: March 09, 2018, 23:48

• View Profile
one thought they would have released a video to go along, terrible strategy indeed

Longbluesquid #6 on: March 10, 2018, 04:54

• View Profile
The album disappeared from Tidal this evening.

Matebu #7 on: March 10, 2018, 05:56

• View Profile
The album disappeared from Tidal this evening.

It's been pulled everywhere now. I'm hearing that artists and production companies are pulling albums if they are not getting the revenue they're looking for. Example: Adolphe Dominguez

Nothing more frustrating than being in the mood to listen to an album, then finding out it's been taken down.

Seben_Maniac #8 on: March 10, 2018, 06:46

• View Profile
I don't really think tidal or these other streaming services have a good African music audience if I'm correct. So maybe this happens with a lot of African albums

Matebu #9 on: March 10, 2018, 07:34

• View Profile
I don't really think tidal or these other streaming services have a good African music audience if I'm correct. So maybe this happens with a lot of African albums

In this case, the album has been pulled from Tidal & Apple music. Apple music has the largest library for African music from my experience

archos #10 on: March 10, 2018, 09:04

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 the version i hear is that they did not get delivery  of cds as scheduled on the 8th so as they wanted to release on all platforms in same time they took a step back

Longbluesquid #11 on: March 10, 2018, 14:38

• View Profile
The issue is promotion. CDs would cost them more money in the start. But now people have been moving away from CDs, streaming cuts down on piracy.

Longbluesquid #12 on: March 10, 2018, 14:44

• View Profile
That album was so good!

Zaiko #13 on: March 10, 2018, 22:50

• View Profile
I listened to this album, honestly as a huge fan of the Extra Music sound...I am really disappointed, though it should be expected. Im speaking from the standpoint of a non-lingala speaker but as musician and a huge fan of the seben/soukous. Like others have mentioned before, the sound of Extra is the same thing over and over.  The fact that this album is mostly seben sound I think hurts it simply because the beat is the exact same song for every song. If you were to run each seben one after the next you can't really tell you're on a new song. This was an album that was purely recycled Extra Music/Wenge songs. I feel Extra Music with this album has not advanced their music one bit, they've actually regressed. Nothing innovative here

From a pure musical standpoint based on the quality of the music alone and my bias towards their sound it gets a 7/10. Nothing innovative or different vs the music of today.
From the standpoint of knowing the previous work and how this album is recycled..a solid 2/10.

This album sounds like a more polished version of previous albums 100%. The sound is not bad rather just absolutely nothing new.
1.  242: This song sounds just like Sorcille Kindoki from start to end. The distorted guitar solo at the end is used in at least 5 other songs in this album and has been heard before in songs over the past. "Jesu sur la croix" The entire arrangement is the same song
2. Ingratitude sounds like a song from Wenge's Les Anges Adorables mixed with something from Shalai album
3. MM International...see number 2 and number, solo sounds like Innodation
4. Same as number 2 with "Jesu sur la croix" solo
5. Another previous rumba
6. See number 2
7. Le philanthrope starts off like and old Wenge/Shalai/Obligatoire song then he literally goes into the same solo from Innodation @ 3:15
8. Le jour sinistre....This song is the same as Chagrin plus plus..LITERALLY!. Bass line gives it away. It transitions into a Makaba ish rift at the end.
9. Drumming actually sounds a lot like one of Papy Kakol's on a Maison Mere album...cant think of the song. It transitions into a halfway solo and goes back into the "Jesu sur la croix" solo
10. Toko Suka Wapi...I had hope. But again its just and old song repackaged. They took Chagrin plus plus and put it in a major key in the 7/7 progression. Then again "Jesu sur la croix" solo at the end.

mokosarkani #14 on: March 11, 2018, 17:30

• View Profile
I listened to this album, honestly as a huge fan of the Extra Music sound...I am really disappointed, though it should be expected. Im speaking from the standpoint of a non-lingala speaker but as musician and a huge fan of the seben/soukous. Like others have mentioned before, the sound of Extra is the same thing over and over.  The fact that this album is mostly seben sound I think hurts it simply because the beat is the exact same song for every song. If you were to run each seben one after the next you can't really tell you're on a new song. This was an album that was purely recycled Extra Music/Wenge songs. I feel Extra Music with this album has not advanced their music one bit, they've actually regressed. Nothing innovative here

From a pure musical standpoint based on the quality of the music alone and my bias towards their sound it gets a 7/10. Nothing innovative or different vs the music of today.
From the standpoint of knowing the previous work and how this album is recycled..a solid 2/10.

This album sounds like a more polished version of previous albums 100%. The sound is not bad rather just absolutely nothing new.
1.  242: This song sounds just like Sorcille Kindoki from start to end. The distorted guitar solo at the end is used in at least 5 other songs in this album and has been heard before in songs over the past. "Jesu sur la croix" The entire arrangement is the same song
2. Ingratitude sounds like a song from Wenge's Les Anges Adorables mixed with something from Shalai album
3. MM International...see number 2 and number, solo sounds like Innodation
4. Same as number 2 with "Jesu sur la croix" solo
5. Another previous rumba
6. See number 2
7. Le philanthrope starts off like and old Wenge/Shalai/Obligatoire song then he literally goes into the same solo from Innodation @ 3:15
8. Le jour sinistre....This song is the same as Chagrin plus plus..LITERALLY!. Bass line gives it away. It transitions into a Makaba ish rift at the end.
9. Drumming actually sounds a lot like one of Papy Kakol's on a Maison Mere album...cant think of the song. It transitions into a halfway solo and goes back into the "Jesu sur la croix" solo
10. Toko Suka Wapi...I had hope. But again its just and old song repackaged. They took Chagrin plus plus and put it in a major key in the 7/7 progression. Then again "Jesu sur la croix" solo at the end.

well damnnnn