Author Topic: MAN IVE RECENTLY LISTENED TO ALAIN MAKABA'S SOPHMORE ALBUM "Ya Ku Dominar"  (Read 4642 times)

CM PRINCE on: March 01, 2019, 14:48

• View Profile

Since it got put on the streaming services recently I've taken the time to listen to it Top Top album from Alain Prince. He needs to release another album soon. Even when I was listening to this I was saying to myself if jb didn't get rid of him so soon how would the sound of bcbg sound like and so on. He needs to collaborate with Werra and Jb again.

Zaiko #1 on: March 03, 2019, 01:23

• View Profile
From an audio quality standpoint, there are very few albums that can compare to this one. The arrangement is pretty good as well.

Congomusiclover001 #2 on: March 04, 2019, 17:42

• View Profile
I've always wondered who the atalku is for this album. Please enlighten me. The guy maintained which is not easy for a single atalaku album

Matebu #3 on: March 04, 2019, 19:14

• View Profile
Love this album, but Bro @CMPrince - just look at the album cover... he wasn't cut from the same cloth as others to ever really be a leader. Him and Aime Buanga are titans behind the scenes

CM PRINCE #4 on: March 04, 2019, 19:44

• View Profile
Love this album, but Bro @CMPrince - just look at the album cover... he wasn't cut from the same cloth as others to ever really be a leader. Him and Aime Buanga are titans behind the scenes
Yeah the album cover is weak but he could've been a leader but he was a bit too laid back after 4x4 but I really wish he was still around for jb and werra, cause both have seriously gone down big time in terms of singing.

Alpine #5 on: March 05, 2019, 07:18

• View Profile

archos #6 on: March 05, 2019, 11:48

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
both wont accept,they are too happy to have full control now when they can do something mediocre and nobody is there to say no,or even in studio they can decided to leave an average work at the final one while with makaba they'll restart even for a  whole week of sessions if needed,i remember both of them were not far from wanting to insult him hard on the recording of daddet in pentagone because they restarted their parts sooo much until he was satisfied,makaba is very demanding while they are happy with not as powerful and not as demanding artistic direction,kibens,kakol,arc en ciel,flamme to some extent and also makaba hates somebody outside music threatening his authority so they would not be allowed to have hundred of people in studio with some allowing themselves to comment in favour of what their boss did while it was not the level the artistic director targets
few years ago  jb and makaba meet at a concert venue and jb kind of gave makaba to be an external artistic director and makaba said  no unless he has full control including deciding how the stage is set up(he is for example strongly against that new setup in congolese music with groups having 20+singers)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 11:52 by archos »

Manzambi94 #7 on: March 06, 2019, 11:13

• View Profile
I remember this album it is great, but to be successful even though it have got some years it needs ti be priperly promoted

CM PRINCE #8 on: March 06, 2019, 11:52

• View Profile
both wont accept,they are too happy to have full control now when they can do something mediocre and nobody is there to say no,or even in studio they can decided to leave an average work at the final one while with makaba they'll restart even for a  whole week of sessions if needed,i remember both of them were not far from wanting to insult him hard on the recording of daddet in pentagone because they restarted their parts sooo much until he was satisfied,makaba is very demanding while they are happy with not as powerful and not as demanding artistic direction,kibens,kakol,arc en ciel,flamme to some extent and also makaba hates somebody outside music threatening his authority so they would not be allowed to have hundred of people in studio with some allowing themselves to comment in favour of what their boss did while it was not the level the artistic director targets
few years ago  jb and makaba meet at a concert venue and jb kind of gave makaba to be an external artistic director and makaba said  no unless he has full control including deciding how the stage is set up(he is for example strongly against that new setup in congolese music with groups having 20+singers)
Predictable with the yes men both are surrounded with. Hahahahaha I'd love to have witnessed that scene of the daddet recording session and seeing both their faces especially werra with his facial expressions. But Jb has said on more than one occasion he hopes to work with Makaba again one day.

Manzambi94 #9 on: March 06, 2019, 13:29

• View Profile
Even though I was little when Makaba was there I would to have him back BDM would have come out in 2013