Author Topic: These guitar lines between J.B Mpiana & Koffi Olomide sound rather similar!  (Read 2732 times)

BercysFinest98 on: August 31, 2019, 22:51

• View Profile
(16:11 mark) [JB Mpiana live at Zénith in 1999]

(5:36 mark) [JB Mpiana- Pipina Jeannpy in 2000]

(3:33 mark) [Koffi Olomide's Force De Frappe Générique in 2000]

(13:23 mark) [Koffi Olomide- Sebene live at LSC 2000]

I don't know about you guys but... I have a feeling that this may be a coincidence or so. Just my opinion!
What do you think?!  :-\

mvulusi96 #1 on: August 31, 2019, 23:02

Maybe that it came from one of those upcoming bands of Kinshasa. Wenge Musica 4x4, Wenge BCBG, Wenge Maison Mere, Quartier Latin, Nouvelle Ecriture and many other famous bands of the 90s and early 2000s played alot of guitar-lines coming from those bands. Good examples are Kibinda Nkoy, Station Japana, Eden Musica and Promise Musica. For example the Yungana-guitar signature which Wenge 4x4 and later Wenge BCBG played in Titanic was already played in Station Japana back in 1994.

BercysFinest98 #2 on: September 01, 2019, 18:33

• View Profile
That does sound rather interesting!!! How the big bands are inspired by the smaller ones to shape their music! Hmm

Zaiko #3 on: September 05, 2019, 02:08

• View Profile
I think that pattern you hear is actually more common than you might think. In the first JB song, it functions as the 2nd or mi solo guitar. The way the song was mixed it is the loudest or most prominent guitar but the lead(solo) is actually the solo from the song "Kinshasa" from the TH album. 5:10 mark
Koffi used it more as a solo.

Everyone just has variations of it

Werrason 7:20

You can hear variations of it in the 2nd guitar in Felix Wazekwa's  Fimbu 5:10

There are a few more variations I think King Kester and a few others but I can't think of them off the top of my head.