Author Topic: MPR - SEMEKI (Clip officiel)  (Read 3821 times)

JV “Lone Ranger” on: October 03, 2020, 14:49

• View Profile
These guys deserve more recognition, they keep giving us good music and something different, beautiful clip and concept like always...Bravo to them

Tata Nkiadi #1 on: October 03, 2020, 16:24

• Congolais abotami na Etas-Unis
    • View Profile
Ode to OK Jazz and Tele Zaire. This is soo dope!!!

Sydo #2 on: October 03, 2020, 19:56

• View Profile
    • YouTube
I love this group!! They don't do bêtises!
Formerly Musiquezairoise

JV “Lone Ranger” #3 on: October 04, 2020, 00:43

• View Profile

Nyumu Wa Mukiti #4 on: October 05, 2020, 12:02

• View Profile
Great song there!

But similar concept to one of our own here in Kenya.

Tata Nkiadi #5 on: October 05, 2020, 15:33

• Congolais abotami na Etas-Unis
    • View Profile
I had to revisit the video and since I’ve been playing this song all weekend. I honestly believe this is the best song to come out of Kinshasa in 2020. Better than Olandi and Telephone combined in my opinion.

There’s a lot of great Zairean musical history in that video aside from the legendary Franco and his superb horn section. A small number of us some 15 years ago posted vintage Tele Zaïre footages for preservation and educational purposes on Youtube. Many of those videos were from home collections on VHS as artists and groups like Lita Bembo, Trio Madjesi, Freres Soki etc weren’t being released on DVD. I’m sure a lot of those original footages were lost especially with the collapse of Mobutu and MPR.  Those whom are still living among us including Huit Kilos are probably proud of this group’s work. The Authenticité era is my favorite cultural period and they captured it especially the natural essence of the women from the late 70s into the 80s with the hairstyles and makeup.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 15:34 by Tata Nkiadi »

Sydo #6 on: October 05, 2020, 20:31

• View Profile
    • YouTube
You only had to add the "T-Z" logo, and it would completely Tele-Zaire.
Formerly Musiquezairoise

JV “Lone Ranger” #7 on: October 05, 2020, 21:13

• View Profile
I had to revisit the video and since I’ve been playing this song all weekend. I honestly believe this is the best song to come out of Kinshasa in 2020. Better than Olandi and Telephone combined in my opinion.

There’s a lot of great Zairean musical history in that video aside from the legendary Franco and his superb horn section. A small number of us some 15 years ago posted vintage Tele Zaïre footages for preservation and educational purposes on Youtube. Many of those videos were from home collections on VHS as artists and groups like Lita Bembo, Trio Madjesi, Freres Soki etc weren’t being released on DVD. I’m sure a lot of those original footages were lost especially with the collapse of Mobutu and MPR.  Those whom are still living among us including Huit Kilos are probably proud of this group’s work. The Authenticité era is my favorite cultural period and they captured it especially the natural essence of the women from the late 70s into the 80s with the hairstyles and makeup.

You know bro...I got flashbacks watching this

Monsieur Congo #8 on: October 05, 2020, 21:37

• View Profile
Who are these guys?

Paysan Congolais #9 on: October 06, 2020, 09:30

• View Profile

Culturally, the Auntheticité era gave great results. The music was out of this world. Artists had to be innovative and to go back to our roots.

Zaiko #10 on: October 25, 2020, 00:48

• View Profile
Speaking as an American but big fan of Congolese music, this has to be one of the better videos/songs released by a congolese artist that Ive seen. I don't understand Lingala but a friend translated it, which still doesn't allow true appreciation for the content. But I can see that they've taken a different approach vs others while still mixing old/new school vibes. They also keep it in Lingala which is interesting given the rap style, I expected french. This video should get the 10M+ if the right people see it. It appeals to those into afrobeats as well minus the english.

Manzambi94 #11 on: October 25, 2020, 05:37

• View Profile
These guys deserve more recognition, they keep giving us good music and something different, beautiful clip and concept like always...Bravo to them

These guys are so good great song and video