Author Topic: BALLE DE MATCH VOL 2 IS OUT  (Read 18933 times)

Manzambi94 #45 on: February 15, 2023, 19:54

• View Profile
I love rhumba 100 times over sebene so thank you JB Mpiana for your genius thinking. As consolation, why can’t sebene lovers in here become donors and insist that their songs be sebenes and generiques? Short of that the whining will never stop and the artists ain’t gonna give a hoot.

Well Congolese I think was known for sebene, I think that’s what gained popularity. Especially for people that don’t know the language.

I am one of those who don't know the language but I just want to listen to rhumba. Sebene are all the same. I don't expect anything new. A sebene/generique will sound almost the same like all the others. So if I need it I can pick any from say 2000 and be good to go. No need for a new one. Maybe the cris but since i don't understand that doesn't figure in my equation.
Lol what? I can understand you liking Rhumba but hoe are Seben all the same, for me is the opposite, When I was little I couldn't stand any type.of Rhumba  now a listen to some rhumbas here and there but my favourite genre is Seben/Generique

Manzambi94 #46 on: February 15, 2023, 20:03

• View Profile
maybe if for example the genta song shines or any other of the rare sebene songs we'll get in current releases it will encourage people to get back on accepting to get it
 there is one of the donor who went as far as trying to sue jb when he was made aware that he had a sebene song with several vocals,they remove the files of the song  and it became a full jb rumba lead a completely different song that kibens had to do in emergency

The fact that Joao Ndombele complained about Ferre making a sebene song in his name instead of a rumba, combined with the above story, says a lot about the donors' opinions on sebene. Makes you wonder how many songs from the past 20 years, not just by JB and BCBG, were initially supposed to finish with sebene, only to be retooled into a rumba just to satisfy next man's fickle desires and keep the money rolling. I agree with Longbluesquid when he says that they're killing our music and restricting the bands' creativity.

So my question here. Who provides more salary to these artists. Is it the donors or actual fans? By attending concerts and such. Cause if donors are against sebenes and us fans are complaining the genre could be destroyed just from someone’s requests.

I don’t understand Congolese economy, in regards to music.
Tbh there is no way any regular fan can give more money then a donor let's say medium size artist have an album of 20 songs. A donor will  give the artist 20k dollars per song (and this is a medium artist, imagine big artist like Fally, Ferre etc) and the donor has  complete control over the genre of the song and sometimes the topic but not on the type of instruments and vocals being played plus this is just songs but sometimes a donor can give you Mabanga money and also buy you instruments for rehearsals make your artists use their own homes, give you free bottles at the club, etc. Etc. And how will the average diaspora Congolese fan could compete with that? And I saying Diaspor because only.Lord knows how much harsh is to get by in Congo and let alone in a very big city like.Kinshasa, people.dont have even have the koney for.food let alone.music, cos are usually sold.by one person buying a copy and then making the copy.for.many people.or street sellers buying the copy.and reselling it, so yes unless something change, Rhumba will be the trend

Oh wow. That makes sense now. Cause a donor is footing upfront money. So really you are ahead with this model. Cause what I was thinking was more a risk. Like fans streaming or buying cds and concerts. Yeah now I see how donors are impacting music.
And another thing. One thing that I have found about that I was shocked is that some donors even buy songs that don't.get released, they basically buy the songs for themselves only, when Archos told me that I was mesmerized, for example there is this JB dancer Trezeguet Selelmba who is one of the choreographer who can sing and a donor asked him to make a song and bought it.specifically for himself.

Manzambi94 #47 on: February 15, 2023, 20:04

• View Profile
There is a Michigan in Mon plaisir and Haute les mains. Is he the Werrason Michigan and if so someone kindly explain. Did he get vocals in Balle de Match then leave to join Werra but his vocals still made the album or did he leave Werrason just recently to join JB and was able to get vocals in BDM? Or is this a different Michigan?
I remember also a Mcihigan who used to sing like Chai but I don't.know where is.at now, by the way where is.Manvueni? Has he had any.vocals on Balle De Match?

SYMPLICITY #48 on: February 15, 2023, 20:06

• View Profile
I love rhumba 100 times over sebene so thank you JB Mpiana for your genius thinking. As consolation, why can’t sebene lovers in here become donors and insist that their songs be sebenes and generiques? Short of that the whining will never stop and the artists ain’t gonna give a hoot.

Well Congolese I think was known for sebene, I think that’s what gained popularity. Especially for people that don’t know the language.

I am one of those who don't know the language but I just want to listen to rhumba. Sebene are all the same. I don't expect anything new. A sebene/generique will sound almost the same like all the others. So if I need it I can pick any from say 2000 and be good to go. No need for a new one. Maybe the cris but since i don't understand that doesn't figure in my equation.
Lol what? I can understand you liking Rhumba but hoe are Seben all the same, for me is the opposite, When I was little I couldn't stand any type.of Rhumba  now a listen to some rhumbas here and there but my favourite genre is Seben/Generique

You got it wrong bro. I don't hate sebene/generique. It's just that am not mad for it. I do enjoy but not over rhumba. I therefore look forward to new releases dominated by rhumbas. Like as i type this Par respect is playing and it's so fire but even if I was listening to Mpunda it's like the same thing. But bro this Par respect is well cooked tbh. Even me the rhumba defender gotta admit..still mon plaisir is up to this moment my best of the ones I've listened.  Am on the sixth song. Will give a more comprehensive opinion once done with all. But Volume 2 sounds more solid. It erases the disappointment I got with Volume 1.

Seben_Maniac #49 on: February 15, 2023, 21:23

• View Profile
You sound crazy. Do you think we have 30K to blow away on one song? Also Sebene and generiques sound the same? That’s the last thing a rhumba listener should even say. You should be happy that you have an unlimited list of rhumba songs that continue to dominate every Congolese album.

Longbluesquid #50 on: February 15, 2023, 22:08

• View Profile

Balle de match may be a bad example but JB makes good rumbas. But some other artists have produced poor albums.

archos #51 on: February 15, 2023, 22:36

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
There is a Michigan in Mon plaisir and Haute les mains. Is he the Werrason Michigan and if so someone kindly explain. Did he get vocals in Balle de Match then leave to join Werra but his vocals still made the album or did he leave Werrason just recently to join JB and was able to get vocals in BDM? Or is this a different Michigan?

No its a different michigan the werra one used to be with lacoste before,and the jb one i think was recruited when looking for a replacement for  chai ngenge
they just share the same name but if anything they are actually complementary as one sings high and the other more on deep notes

Manzambi94 #52 on: February 19, 2023, 16:13

• View Profile
By the way where is Manvueni? The songer of bcbg?

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #53 on: February 19, 2023, 23:00

• View Profile
So here there is 2 generiques and 1 seben? Thats really bad after waiting more than 7 years……..Fuse, he didn’t get enough time, just heard him on the last minutes of Genta’s song……..I also don’t like this robot like mabanga bass voice.

BercysFinest98 #54 on: February 20, 2023, 13:27

• View Profile

archos #55 on: February 20, 2023, 14:59

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

Manzambi94 #56 on: February 20, 2023, 17:24

• View Profile

CM PRINCE #57 on: February 20, 2023, 17:39

• View Profile

Manzambi94 #58 on: February 20, 2023, 18:58

• View Profile

Muziki #59 on: February 20, 2023, 19:09