Author Topic: Which version about Eric Lokombe is true ?  (Read 975 times)

Mfumu Vata on: June 28, 2023, 15:58

• View Profile

CM PRINCE #1 on: June 28, 2023, 16:18

• View Profile

Mfumu Vata #2 on: June 28, 2023, 18:37

• View Profile
In the second video his father Lokombe Ntal, who's a former singer of TP OK Jazz and Bana Ok, said that his son Eric Lokombe left Quartier Latin, because of Koffi making a bad jock about his dad because staying in Europe. Eric was really mad about the jock he made and decided to leave Quartier Latin to join Anti Choc. Not long after joining Anti Choc they went to Europe after a few weeks, adopting the nickame Loko Succes. When being in Europe the house were the musicians were staying in Brussels was not far from that of his dad. The moment the musicians visited Eric's father, Lokombe adviced his son to not use witchcraft giving the example how artists often die early because doing that and that in their family nobody use it. He claimed that Bozi introduced him to the world of witchcraft and that his son was holding the "nkisi" of the band, also that he had a magical chain that dissapeared once he lost his head. In the same video he said that he treathened Bozi, when his son lost his head. He said that Bozi made him more mad when claiming that he had nothing to do with Eric losing his head and that it was because of their family. Eric father's replying that he would send people to get Bozi shot if Eric would die.

In the first video, the woman said that when Eric Lokombe came back from Europe, his brother lost his head and that Eric was taking care of him. In the same period a pastor said to his girlfriend who was pregnant that Eric has to be careful, because he could lose his head soon. It also ended up by happening, Eric's brother recovered and Eric Lokombé ended up by losing his head. Bozi apparently tried to offer help by asking if he could bring him to Bas-Congo to let him recover. But the family refused. In the same video his son is asking for financial help to go back to school, because Eric's family dont accept him in their family

CM PRINCE #3 on: June 28, 2023, 19:06

• View Profile
That’s crazy, I didn’t realise he went Europe because Bozi said they blocked him at the airport claiming the photo on the passport wasn’t him. Both versions might be true, him staying in Quartier Latin longer  could’ve saved him even though he wouldn’t have had a proper place there. So no one knows where he is at the moment?

Mfumu Vata #4 on: June 28, 2023, 19:15

• View Profile
Eric Lokombe went to Europe with Anti Choc in 1999 and participated to the album Film Ebaluki. in this video you can him see stage with Coréen Polystar, Theo Mbala, Michaux Chamberton, Simolo Katondi and co

from 8:14 min

About Bozi saying that he wanted to bring him to Europe, was as reaction to Ado when asking what he tried to do to help him out after losing his head. Then talking about the trip of 2000 and the last of 2002. The first not working because of his face not appearing on his passeport and the people working at the airport seeing a grandpa. The second time him almost going to Europe, but when the plane was about to go to Europe, people working at the airport entering the plane and getting him out.

He lives with his family in Lemba and is still ill until this day.

In the video where he dad talks, he claimed that Koffi was about to make him chef d'orchestre. But I'm doubting because back then Do Akongo was chef d'orchestre and you had still guys like Beniko Popolipo, Champion Djikapela, Savanet Depitcho, Ondoma Motema and Mamale Tupac in the band who came from Europe and had a big name at that time. Maybe it were Eric's words to make him proud that it was going well with him when being in QL.

Mfumu Vata #5 on: June 28, 2023, 19:47

• View Profile
Thinking about how Eric Lokombe left Quartier Latin made him think back about how Tonton Lay left. Tonton Lay slowly started to get a place in the band, but then suddendly left because of Koffi making jokes about his dad behind his back and him not liking it.

CM PRINCE #6 on: June 28, 2023, 20:11

• View Profile
Thinking about how Eric Lokombe left Quartier Latin made him think back about how Tonton Lay left. Tonton Lay slowly started to get a place in the band, but then suddendly left because of Koffi making jokes about his dad behind his back and him not liking it.
I was about to say the same thing. Both situations are identical, but Tonton lay said later that he left because of 12 because some of the singers (Soleil jypson) wouldn’t let him on stage

Wenge1995 #7 on: June 28, 2023, 23:24

• View Profile
Eric Lokombe went to Europe with Anti Choc in 1999 and participated to the album Film Ebaluki. in this video you can him see stage with Coréen Polystar, Theo Mbala, Michaux Chamberton, Simolo Katondi and co

About Bozi saying that he wanted to bring him to Europe, was as reaction to Ado when asking what he tried to do to help him out after losing his head. Then talking about the trip of 2000 and the last of 2002. The first not working because of his face not appearing on his passeport and the people working at the airport seeing a grandpa. The second time him almost going to Europe, but when the plane was about to go to Europe, people working at the airport entering the plane and getting him out.

In the video where he dad talks, he claimed that Koffi was about to make him chef d'orchestre. But I'm doubting because back then Do Akongo was chef d'orchestre and you had still guys like Beniko Popolipo, Champion Djikapela, Savanet Depitcho, Ondoma Motema and Mamale Tupac in the band who came from Europe and had a big name at that time. Maybe it were Eric's words to make him proud that it was going well with him when being in QL.

Did Werrason steal Polystar from Anti Choc or did Polystar fallout with Bozi? Also, how does a reserve member make it to the main team? Masion Mere had several rhythm guitarists during the period of 2003 such as Mayi Ndombe and Musikasika but they never participated on albums.

Mfumu Vata #8 on: June 28, 2023, 23:59

• View Profile
Lol, what does Werrason has to do with Eric Lokombe ?

Polystar explained in a few interviews he made, that he and Bozi were in conflict about a dancer. Polystar decided to leave then joined Maison Mere just before Double Zénith. Bozi tried to convince him to come back to bring him to Europe along with Serge Kanangu and a few others for Anti Choc’s last Europe-trip. But he refused and stayed in WMM.

It’s simple. Just by a departure of a bandmember or when the bandleader wants to unsettle someone of the 1st team. Because why having a reserve-team ?

Musika-Sika participated in Tenps Present, Malewa 1 & 2. He also went to Europe 3 times with them (2008, 2009 & 2010). Mayi Ndombe went to Europe in 2010 & 2011 and also performed at Stade de France. I don’t know if he ever played on a disc, because I started to follow music less. But it could be that he participated to Ingeta and the albums that followed until leaving the band for Miel de Son.

Monsieur Congo #9 on: June 29, 2023, 00:03

• View Profile

Did Werrason steal Polystar from Anti Choc or did Polystar fallout with Bozi? Also, how does a reserve member make it to the main team? Masion Mere had several rhythm guitarists during the period of 2003 such as Mayi Ndombe and Musikasika but they never participated on albums.
What has this got to do with the topic? I’m actually asking cause it’s about Eric lokombe and anti choc why bring maison mère into it?

Wenge1995 #10 on: June 29, 2023, 00:04

• View Profile
Lol, what does Werrason has to do with Eric Lokombe ?

Polystar explained in a few interviews he made, that he and Bozi were in conflict about a dancer. Polystar decided to leave then joined Maison Mere just before Double Zénith. Bozi tried to convince him to come back to bring him to Europe along with Serge Kanangu and a few others for Anti Choc’s last Europe-trip. But he refused and stayed in WMM.

It’s simple. Just by a departure of a bandmember or when the bandleader wants to unsettle someone of the 1st team. Because why having a reserve-team ?

Musika-Sika participated in Tenps Present, Malewa 1 & 2. He also went to Europe 3 times with them (2008, 2009 & 2010). Mayi Ndombe went to Europe in 2010 & 2011 and also performed at Stade de France. I don’t know if he ever played on a disc, because I started to follow music less. But it could be that he participated to Ingeta and the albums that followed until leaving the band for Miel de Son.

It's somewhat related lol both Eric and Polystar were in Anti Choc lol but I see what you mean

What's your favorite song from Anti Choc?

Mfumu Vata #11 on: June 29, 2023, 00:10

• View Profile
I was about to say the same thing. Both situations are identical, but Tonton lay said later that he left because of 12 because some of the singers (Soleil jypson) wouldn’t let him on stage

Quartier Latin lost many tenorists because of them. Jipson always messing the chorus up in with Lola Muana because of fighting about who could hit the highest note, forgetting to sing in harmony with the rest. Soleil thinking that he’s Babia and also trying to sing high in the chorus during concerts.  while he just could sing normal, making the chorus in concerts only sound worser. Luckily Ferre Gola joined a few years later. (I’m not saying that they are faux chanteurs, but the chorus of QL in concerts was really horrible. Emeneya needed to coach them how to have a proper chorus)

In the time of Magie  Soleil & Jipson would never get a proper chance. Jipson himself his from the Loi-era got multiple times humiliated. Soleil Wanga apparently aswell and left to return back later.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 00:11 by Mfumu Vata »

Mfumu Vata #12 on: June 29, 2023, 00:22

• View Profile
There are many songs that I like. But its mainly because of re-focussing on of the past, since that I don't really like the music of to day. If I would cite them there would be a long list not like Viva la Musica, Quartier Latin, Wenge 4x4 and co, but still a long one.

I never really into Anti Choc, because I saw it as a band for women and also weird because of alot members dying (Wally Ngonda, Fifi Mofude, Waburo,..) and I was not really liking their music at that time. Only those of the first years.

CM PRINCE #13 on: June 29, 2023, 00:30

• View Profile
Back to the topic about Eric Lokombe, Mfumu which version do you believe? And what illness does Eric have now is it like dementia or is he paralysed or is he like Mustapha?

Mfumu Vata #14 on: June 29, 2023, 01:20

• View Profile
I don't know who to believe, after seeing the first video and connecting it to Bozi's interview. Because like everybody I only knew for years the version that Eric's dad shared

But when thinking back to Lapino's interview (former atalaku) how he got introduced to witchcraft by Bozi's witchdoctor, those stories that were shared in newspapers about Bozi having lost his head back in the early 90s, how Anti Choc co-founder Guy Kalume releaved that Bozi wanted them (the guys close to him) to do witchcraft for him, Bozi kidnapping Djonolo to his witchdoctor in Masina because of beleaving that he blocked his succes to become the mainstar of Anti-Choc, makes me still think that the story of Eric's dad being true.

Because the period after Jeu Muke was weird. If I remember well their main-cheographer and somebody within Anti Choc else passed away. Also the main-singer of that Seidou  died after Jeu Muke and things that were said that he was holding the "nzungu" Anti Choc after Eric Lokombe losing his head. A few years ago, Theo Mbala revealed that he was vomiting blood when being in Europe with Anti Choc during Jeu Muke-days and that they went to all doctors but them not being able to see what the ilness was which forced him rush back to Congo because he almost died.

Eric Lokombe as the same problem like Mustapha but only worser. I don't if its still the case but he used to be agressive sometimes and following people. About Eric Lokombe not being able to get in Europe. Maybe it was like Congolese people say "ba retours" of those "nkisi's" as one of the punishments next to losing his head, for not respecting the pact. Also for what reason would your brother lose his head and you suddenly taking it over ? Really sad.

In Quartier Latin I was not  taking him serious and seeing him as an "aventurie" like Alain Kabobo "Sarbatino Batracien" because of his way of dancing but in Anti Choc O started to get him serious only to hear that he lost his head and passed away (which wasn't true) in the same period. I still wonder how those rumors got spread that he passed away at that time, I think that many aren't aware that he's still alive.