Author Topic: MARIE PAUL BACK IN FRANCE AFTER 3 YEARS  (Read 844 times)

jordanlumbala101 on: July 29, 2023, 03:14

• View Profile

archos #1 on: July 29, 2023, 09:38

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
Lol he avoids werra's name when saluting the wenge guys

Longbluesquid #2 on: July 30, 2023, 02:15

• View Profile

jordanlumbala101 #3 on: July 30, 2023, 04:22

• View Profile
Two things really, one, finalising and mixing both his EP Mungonge and the long awaited album Kimbombi!! Secondly, recruiting musicians and dancers for Wenge El Paris

CM PRINCE #4 on: July 30, 2023, 06:27

• View Profile
Two things really, one, finalising and mixing both his EP Mungonge and the long awaited album Kimbombi!! Secondly, recruiting musicians and dancers for Wenge El Paris
Ehh long awaited by who??  ;D :D are you a part of his staff or something?

JV “Lone Ranger” #5 on: July 30, 2023, 08:25

• View Profile

Long awaited by you lol

CM PRINCE #6 on: July 30, 2023, 09:01

• View Profile

Long awaited by you lol
Not me bro loool I’m gonna assume you were talking to Jordan

Longbluesquid #7 on: July 30, 2023, 16:51

• View Profile

I’m excited for those albums!  Any info on track lists and such? They need to promote these well.

Monsieur Congo #8 on: July 30, 2023, 19:11

• View Profile
Oh God… it’s 2023 and people are excited for a Marie Paul/EL Paris album lol.

Manzambi94 #9 on: July 30, 2023, 19:37

• View Profile
Bro to each their own, everybody should listen to the type of music that they like
I for example go crazy for this guy  and I don't think anyone have ever heard him

« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 05:00 by Manzambi94 »

jordanlumbala101 #10 on: August 01, 2023, 14:16

• View Profile

Longbluesquid #11 on: August 01, 2023, 14:46

• View Profile
Bro to each their own, everybody should listen to the type of music that he likes.
I for example go crazy for this guy  and I don't think anyone have ever heard him

I’ve heard of them. I at first thought they were part of Quarter Latin. But I heard they are from UK. Do they have full albums?

Mfumu Vata #12 on: August 01, 2023, 16:24

• View Profile
Quartier General has just singles on youtube, most of them being generiques. They are not from UK, they are from Paris. Looks like their leader Bouleman took a break from music. Which is often the case with musicians who are raised in Europe when they attein a certain age

Doing secular Congolese music in Europe as a Europe-born/raised person isn't easy. You will get zero support and people will not take you serious because you are raised/born here. So it will make it already difficult to breakthrough, because its only a small amount of people coming from the diaspora following you. This killed the generation that used to make music in Paris in the 1990s and early 2000s. Many of those who started making ndombolo-music in the late 2000s/early 2010s moved towards coupe decale/afro, were it was more easily to get recognization and more views. Those who have succes today hide behind gospel-music with their music now being played at weddings and birthday parties in Europe. If you don't understand Lingala you will think that its secular music. Its from them easy to play music, because their parents  allow to them to do it because its "gospel music" compared to those who used to make secular music.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 16:26 by Mfumu Vata »