Author Topic: (Rare) Marie Paul & Wenge El Paris - Live at Theatre Gymnase Marie Bell (2000)  (Read 483 times)

Mfumu Vata on: August 11, 2023, 22:36

• View Profile

I'm so happy, I have been looking for this VHS for yearsssssssssssssssss. I will watch it immediatly
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 22:38 by Mfumu Vata »

tyadm #1 on: August 11, 2023, 23:14

• View Profile
The hall was packed, what a concert!!
The only Roi Soleil

Drumstar98 #2 on: August 11, 2023, 23:28

• View Profile
I was waiting for one for this concert to be upload, but one thing I can add is that Pisthou Santiango's guitar was out of tune.

Mfumu Vata #3 on: August 12, 2023, 01:29

• View Profile
After finishing watching this VHS I came to the conclusion that our press had a huge contribution in killing our music. It was written in a few articles that Marie Paul had made mpiaka at Theatre Marie Bell and people in Paris also saying the same thing. But towards the end of the videotape you can see how packed the hall was. Le Monde est Mechant...

However, I wonder how they weren't able to sell Cabaret Sauvage and Concert Noble out after this succes. Did the people come to celebrate New Year, was it because of Marie Bel being a small hall of 800, people being curious to see El Paris after 7 years of absence in Europe or something going on behind to scenes to finish them like they did with Adolphe ?

Lol, the way Marie Paul was standing and acting when Bizima starting to sing Seigneur. It looks like Marie Paul was feeling to be like a God
from 0:59 min

Celezino likes to insult people. But look how he was here.
from 4:27 min

I felt a little bit sad. When I saw late Noddy Mataba dancing. Rest in Peace
from 44:01 min

By performing at Theatre Gymnase Marie Bell, Marie Paul set a trend for many bands. Alot of bands would also perform there in 2001 and 2002. The same after Marie Paul performing at Cabaret Sauvage a few months later, many Congolese artists also peforming there in 2001 and 2002. Looks like Claude Mussay likes to discover new musichalls. He did the same thing for Werrason by organising a show for him at Palais des Sports, while everybody was focused on Olympia and Zenith. But there still no Congolese artist that performed at Palais des Sports after Werrason.

The concert was good. Its just a shame that the rhythm-guitar being to high the whole concert long and Pitshou Satiango not noticing the whole concert that his guitar was out of tone. I feel like they cut alot of parts out and i'm sure that the best parts aren't even included. I found it strange that they also cut the singing part of Ricoco during Molangi ya Malasi out from the video. It started to become a big mess when the sebene started lol, looks like they already passed 00:00 am. JB le Coran coming with champagne, Bizima being afraid when someone exploded confetti/firework next to him, the lead-guitar not being audible anymore, etc. I really wonder who had made this VHS or if it was Marie Paul himself who decided to x or y part out.

Mfumu Vata #4 on: August 13, 2023, 01:40

• View Profile
The  dancers of Wenge El Paris didn't really convince me. They could have brought ngulu's in their place or musicians that were left behind in Kinshasa (Alain Mwepu, Doukoure, Proffa, Pitshou Volcan,..)

The succes that Kamono, Fifi, Zina and co had in Quartier Latin, made all bands wanting to get dancers and it also being a kind of must in our music. But in my opinion many bands didn't even need them.

Monsieur Congo #5 on: August 14, 2023, 18:19

• View Profile
After finishing watching this VHS I came to the conclusion that our press had a huge contribution in killing our music. It was written in a few articles that Marie Paul had made mpiaka at Theatre Marie Bell and people in Paris also saying the same thing. But towards the end of the videotape you can see how packed the hall was. Le Monde est Mechant...

However, I wonder how they weren't able to sell Cabaret Sauvage and Concert Noble out after this succes. Did the people come to celebrate New Year, was it because of Marie Bel being a small hall of 800, people being curious to see El Paris after 7 years of absence in Europe or something going on behind to scenes to finish them like they did with Adolphe ?

Lol, the way Marie Paul was standing and acting when Bizima starting to sing Seigneur. It looks like Marie Paul was feeling to be like a God
from 0:59 min

Celezino likes to insult people. But look how he was here.
from 4:27 min

I felt a little bit sad. When I saw late Noddy Mataba dancing. Rest in Peace
from 44:01 min

By performing at Theatre Gymnase Marie Bell, Marie Paul set a trend for many bands. Alot of bands would also perform there in 2001 and 2002. The same after Marie Paul performing at Cabaret Sauvage a few months later, many Congolese artists also peforming there in 2001 and 2002. Looks like Claude Mussay likes to discover new musichalls. He did the same thing for Werrason by organising a show for him at Palais des Sports, while everybody was focused on Olympia and Zenith. But there still no Congolese artist that performed at Palais des Sports after Werrason.

The concert was good. Its just a shame that the rhythm-guitar being to high the whole concert long and Pitshou Satiango not noticing the whole concert that his guitar was out of tone. I feel like they cut alot of parts out and i'm sure that the best parts aren't even included. I found it strange that they also cut the singing part of Ricoco during Molangi ya Malasi out from the video. It started to become a big mess when the sebene started lol, looks like they already passed 00:00 am. JB le Coran coming with champagne, Bizima being afraid when someone exploded confetti/firework next to him, the lead-guitar not being audible anymore, etc. I really wonder who had made this VHS or if it was Marie Paul himself who decided to x or y part out.
The reason is because people heard from the articles as you rightfully said that the concert was mpiaka so they didn't want to go to the other concerts, and also because people preferred going to see Bcbg and Maison Mere. This hall was packed because people were curious to see them and then afterwards staff of Bcbg and Maison mere started spreading false rumours about el paris and started sabotaging them, by paying the press to report false things, threatening people that were considering to go see el paris. Also Manda Chante's departure did not help, people were missing him in el paris with people wanting to hear songs like Ibrahim etc being performed at the concert which obviously didn't happen because he wasn't there anymore.

Another reason why the hall was packed was because bcbg's concert which was on ew years day was sold out, Academia was in Brussels and they already performed on Christmas Day, Maison Mere didn't have a concert if my memory serves well, so people wanted to go celebrate on new years somewhere
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 18:27 by Monsieur Congo »