Author Topic: Does anyone knows who played what on the album Solola Bien?  (Read 2585 times)

congo-243 on: February 09, 2021, 18:57

• View Profile
Excuse me for my lack of knowledge but I would love to do a review on that album in the near future. Some help would be appreciated.

Mfumu Vata #1 on: February 09, 2021, 19:10

• View Profile
Percussion was done by Ali Mbonda. Djudjuchet progammed and played all drums except the sebenes and the generique. You had Philippe Guez who played the keyboards. Maika Munan  played keyboards the song on Vita Imana &  Rendez Vous Manque, playing also percussion, acoustic guitar and lead guitar on the songs. Japonais Maladi played lead on the songs Robert Basende and Augustine playing also rhythm and mi-solo on the same time on these songs. Flamme Kapaya played lead on the generiqe, Cresois, Kofi Ayina, Likama and Heritier with Japonais Maladi playing rhythm on these songs. Guy Nsangue played bass on almost all songs, except the sebenes and the generique. Didier Masela played bass on his own song Likama. Japonais played bass on the generique and on the sebens of Cresois, Kofi Ayina, Robert Basende, Augustine and Heritier, but wasn't credited on the list, just getting the shout-out "Japonais D.A. Polyvalent" (D.A. being the abbreviation of Directeur Artistique) during the Tatu-Kasuba animation in the generique for the way he did that bass-part, played rhythm and mi-solo on the same time.

from 3:08 min Japonais adding the mi-solo guitar above the rhytm-guitar, Werrason then giving him the shout-out and Japonais coming again in with the bass.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 19:15 by Mfumu Vata »

congo-243 #2 on: February 09, 2021, 19:21

• View Profile
Percussion was done by Ali Mbonda. Djudjuchet progammed and played all drums except the sebenes and the generique. You had Philippe Guez who played the keyboards. Maika Munan  played keyboards the song on Vita Imana &  Rendez Vous Manque, playing also percussion, acoustic guitar and lead guitar on the songs. Japonais Maladi played lead on the songs Robert Basende and Augustine playing also rhythm and mi-solo on the same time on these songs. Flamme Kapaya played lead on the generiqe, Cresois, Kofi Ayina, Likama and Heritier with Japonais Maladi playing rhythm on these songs. Guy Nsangue played bass on almost all songs, except the sebenes and the generique. Didier Masela played bass on his own song Likama. Japonais played bass on the generique and on the sebens of Cresois, Kofi Ayina, Robert Basende, Augustine and Heritier, but wasn't credited on the list, just getting the shout-out "Japonais D.A. Polyvalent" (D.A. being the abbreviation of Directeur Artistique) during the Tatu-Kasuba animation in the generique for the way he did that bass-part, played rhythm and mi-solo on the same time.

from 3:08 min Japonais adding the mi-solo guitar above the rhytm-guitar, Werrason then giving him the shout-out and Japonais coming again in with the bass.
Thank you, ndeko I really needed to know this. Japonais really earned his nickname as being polyvalent too bad he didn't continue like that on Kibuisa

Mfumu Vata #3 on: February 09, 2021, 19:29

• View Profile
Japonais continued , in Kibuisa he  played bass on most sebenes. Mimiche just playing on Operation Dragon, Tave and Annie. Lofombo getting also invited to play bass on the sebene-part of Obiang, after that Werra argued with Mimiche. But like Japonais not, Lofombo would not credited as bass-players on the credits of Kibuisa Mpimpa. Its just that Japonais needed to give some space to Burkina Faso as lead-player, who just joined and playing mostly rhythm on that album. On A La Que Leu Leu, they didn't invite Guy Nsangue like they did on Solola Bien and Kibuisa Mpimpa. It made Japonais playing bass on the singing-parts and just a few sebenes, since that Mimiche already matured as bass-player, but both would leave Maison Mere after the recordings.

congo-243 #4 on: February 09, 2021, 20:13

• View Profile
Japonais continued , in Kibuisa he  played bass on most sebenes. Mimiche just playing on Operation Dragon, Tave and Annie. Lofombo getting also invited to play bass on the sebene-part of Obiang, after that Werra argued with Mimiche. But like Japonais not, Lofombo would not credited as bass-players on the credits of Kibuisa Mpimpa. Its just that Japonais needed to give some space to Burkina Faso as lead-player, who just joined and playing mostly rhythm on that album. On A La Que Leu Leu, they didn't invite Guy Nsangue like they did on Solola Bien and Kibuisa Mpimpa. It made Japonais playing bass on the singing-parts and just a few sebenes, since that Mimiche already matured as bass-player, but both would leave Maison Mere after the recordings.
I understand now thanks. I don't know if Its my imagination running wild but wouldn't you think that ALQLL would've been better if Burkina participated (i feel like Kapaya was a bit lazy) and not only Al Nzimbi being the arranger of that album?

Mfumu Vata #5 on: February 09, 2021, 21:07

• View Profile
We never know. But I don't think that Burkina Faso would add something special. Flamme became lazy, because he was dissapointed for the way Werrason treated him after that he and Japonais got robbed all their money, gifts and expensive clothes just before returning to Kinshasa, after finishing Kibuisa Mpimpa. Werrason promised him to give some money, but it never happened which made him not giving the 100% anymore like he used to do after Solola Bien. There was also less pressure on his shoulders from the moment Burkina Faso left and Japonais not showing up anymore in concerts and rehearshals (almost leaving Maison Mere).