Author Topic: I've saw a topic in Twitter About Héritier's album is the promotion poor?  (Read 2646 times)

congo-243 on: February 21, 2021, 21:42

• View Profile

archos #1 on: February 21, 2021, 22:09

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
I Think two things went wrong with the promotion,first wata did "too many" interviews before release(plus of course the common release date with the most media friendly artist,hence less promotion from "big kinshasa"names of media),then a couple more but clips took some time to arrive and so far just generique desole and racoeur
the second factor is that most of us congolese people are purely sentimental,as soon as one does something which catches attention others not doing it is seen as failure,so with probably the liveliest in years rivalry of fally ferre and concerts in africa shown in full,heritier being stuck in europe doing the odd snap or video with herve muanza and co is seen as failure
also i think the strategy to release both albums within two months ended up being risky as you dont really know where to put the most energy,probably heritier david monsoh decided to release the first one and see how it goes,release some other clips than generique then move to africa and start more intense promotion once vol 2 is out

CM PRINCE #2 on: February 21, 2021, 22:10

• View Profile
It's not just Heritier, but everyone else who released in December. Fally if you compare the way he promoted Tokooos 2 to the way he promoted Tokooos 1 and even Control, it's not even close. Ferre's generique also came and went and got forgotten about, Koffi was only promoting Cindy's single by talking about the views it was getting.
If you think those guys were bad what about Abraham, Metro, Miel de son, Capuccino's generique have all been poorly promoted. It's like none of these albums/singles came out.

BienMat23 #3 on: February 21, 2021, 22:24

• View Profile
I think it’s also that maybe not an excuse but learning how to promote and navigate these things to predict what will be successful in this new climate eg with Wata stuck in Europe is a new challenge with this lockdown etc

JV “Lone Ranger” #4 on: February 21, 2021, 23:00

• View Profile
Promotion wise it's a big failure and song choices also playing a part. La Kayotte, Gombe na Gombe and lvre d'amour are the most listen to song on the album but yet they go and release a video for Racoeur. It's like no one released an album in December and it's not only Heritier...I said it a few weeks ago that this is not the time to be releasing albums because of the pandemic...singles yes

Longbluesquid #5 on: February 22, 2021, 07:59

• View Profile
Congolese are really not using social media to their advantage. Congolese music fails cause of poor marketing in general. The music is easily accessible now but you have to get creative with how you promote. Use Instagram, Twitter and Facebook as avenues to get in the door. YouTube to promote videos as well.

Also it really doesn’t make sense to have 1-2 generiques and slow songs no one can dance to. If I introduce Congolese music to someone the new albums are a poor example.

Longbluesquid #6 on: February 22, 2021, 08:01

• View Profile
In the USA alot of great albums came out in the pandemic. Matter of fact this is a perfect time especially if people are at home a lot.

Captain #7 on: February 22, 2021, 11:21

• View Profile
Since David Monsoh will also be distributing Koffi’s album (allegedly) hope same thing won’t happen to him

BienMat23 #8 on: February 22, 2021, 21:21

• View Profile
To be fair Koffi has the name which is enough to self promote

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #9 on: February 22, 2021, 22:05

• View Profile
Yes for Koffi its much easy he is know world-wide and he recently won hearts of the younger generation with waaah song........ Honestly I wasn't happy with how Heritier let all those Bercy's cries go just like that, all the hype they created with him in concerts, I was eager to hear them on a song but eish all you get is Ambulance and his bubblegum cries