Author Topic: WHAT HAPPENED TO BRAZZAVILLE'S MUSIC  (Read 4423 times)

Manzambi94 on: August 05, 2016, 13:16

• View Profile
I have notice that since Extra Musica's album Obbligatoire and the more recent Contentieux, now-a-days is more harder thatn the past to listen to some good quality music coming from the left sided Congo, even though good artist like Oxygen, Arafat,Regis Touba and others try to relaese albums, It is really hard to hear them. Beside that it is a long time that I don't listen a quality album from Brazza's groups Like Shalai, Trop C'est Trop, Prenez Vite!!! of G7 and Impressions de as, and I think is due to the  fact that Roga Roga's power has become out of control, and of the fact that the quality and charismatic guys who were leading big groups like in the case of extra musica gone solo and new talents haven't got skills their oldies colleagues.

Roga Roga #1 on: August 07, 2016, 12:05

• View Profile
Anyone with full information about G7 and list of album they did please i need it. Who were the founders of this group? Where are they and what are the doing?

bencuri #2 on: August 08, 2016, 11:05

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I purchased Contentieux by Roga Roga last year, found a few good tunes on it. Recently I have listened to it a few more times, and I can say I like it better now, I realized I didn't pay attention to all the good moments on it last year. It has many nice rumba melodies, that are really outstanding because I usually find rumba pieces boring. Roga Roga was always good in this. But what a serious problem is, apart from this, there are no highlights on the album. The former strentgth of Extra Musica, that is the good solos and the fantastic animation is gone. On their next album, they should work on that.

Manzambi94 #3 on: August 08, 2016, 14:38

• View Profile
Anyone with full information about G7 and list of album they did please i need it. Who were the founders of this group? Where are they and what are the doing?
Try with google play there isn't the name of the full albums but there is the list of impression des as ca va aller, you only need to search G7 Impressions des as ca va aller and on the upper right you'll see the list of songs.

Manzambi94 #4 on: August 08, 2016, 14:44

• View Profile
I purchased Contentieux by Roga Roga last year, found a few good tunes on it. Recently I have listened to it a few more times, and I can say I like it better now, I realized I didn't pay attention to all the good moments on it last year. It has many nice rumba melodies, that are really outstanding because I usually find rumba pieces boring. Roga Roga was always good in this. But what a serious problem is, apart from this, there are no highlights on the album. The former strentgth of Extra Musica, that is the good solos and the fantastic animation is gone. On their next album, they should work on that.
Contentieux was a good album but you can feel something is missing especially on the generique, on that "kebaka na contentieux" with just the drams and the mbonda playing a good line of guitar was needed,and I feel that Extra is like Wenge right now a really good team in the past but really struggling to have huge success like in the past.