Author Topic: Koffi's music has been finished since Fally left him in 2006  (Read 3597 times)

Franco Pepe Kalle on: May 24, 2020, 05:35

• View Profile
Apart from Koffi's two recent generiques, Koffi has been finished musically since Fally Ipupa left in 2006. Once Fally decided to go on his own, Koffi lost his musical drive.

It was when then Koffi decided to abandon of getting new talent and basically Les Mineurs and elder QL club became simply "toys" for Koffi and they were left in the dumps. Koffi had a great team with Jitrois who came from Wenge Maison Mere of Werrason, Joss Diena, late Babia Ndonga, Suzuki, Montana Komanga, Mputu, Deplick, Rolly Mayemba, Bapince, and many others. But Koffi decided to not use them much or at all. He deleted all of their vocals for the album Bord Ezanga Kombo which in my opinion was Koffi's last solid album as I mentioned previously.
http://congovibes.com/congolese-music/what-was-koffi's-last-good-album-in-your-eyes/

Also, Koffi decided to not do another QL style album where those singers could have shined. As Mfumu Vita had stated, Koffi was too wounded after Fally Ipupa went solo and he had no interest in promoting another big star or big stars. As result, he allowed his then new band to collapse and many would leave.

Comes in another element which was Koffi's lust and addiction to Cindy Le Coeur. It began on Bord Ezanga Kombo, Cindy would get more involved in choirs of the team. It was initially nice and I think it was good to have Koffi and Cindy together. But then afterwards, it became indeed Quartier Cindy as the late Babia Ndonga stated. He was totally right. Almost all the songs from Abracadabra would have Cindy singing the whole chorus or dominating all the lead vocals alongside Koffi with very little assistance from the other QL singers. For example, Suzuki and Babia Ndonga had only solo vocal which was embarrassing and horrible considering how they did a lot for Quartier Latin. Also not promoting people like Deplick, Bapince, Soilel Wanga copycat, Joss Diena, Rolly Mayemba and Jitrois and having them sing good solo vocals on a regular basis is very shameful in my humble opinion.

Now Koffi has shithole band in Quartier Latin with most of the singers are baseless and boring except BB Jitrois which is telling how bad Quartier Latin has been reduced too.

We are waiting to hear the album Legend (if it will ever come out).

But I can say that Koffi has been finished musically for 14 years.

Matebu #1 on: May 24, 2020, 06:37

• View Profile
Masta, you hate on Koffi so hard. It’s a bit excessive to be honest

CM PRINCE #2 on: May 24, 2020, 15:08

• View Profile

JV “Lone Ranger” #3 on: May 24, 2020, 15:21

• View Profile

BercysFinest98 #4 on: May 24, 2020, 16:24

• View Profile
But I ask myself this... Unlike many other artists, how does he manage to stay relevant as one of Africa's giants?
I mean... Considering the fact that he's had a career for over 40 years and he still has hit after hit despite a few disappointments is extraordinary!

« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 16:28 by BercysFinest98 »

Wenge1995 #5 on: May 24, 2020, 16:27

• View Profile
But I ask myself this... Unlike many other artists, how does he manage to stay relevant as one of Africa's giants?
I mean... Selfie was one of his biggest continental hits since Loi.

Facts, even though his current band is ass lol

BercysFinest98 #6 on: May 24, 2020, 16:31

• View Profile
I mean... Considering the fact that he's had a career for over 40 years and he still has hit after hit despite a few disappointments is extraordinary!

Facts, even though his current band is ass lol
Unfortunately true! I like Volcan though, but despite his work on Papa Mobimba, he needs to be more creative as a guitarist and stop playing the same sebene lick that you hear in "Piscicoles Club", "Nyataquance", "Charisme" and "Papa Nguasuma".

Franco Pepe Kalle #7 on: May 24, 2020, 16:56

• View Profile
Actually unlike most of you guys, I actually listen to Koffi a lot. I am happy with his recent songs Jour de Joie and Papa Ngwasuma even tough many here hated the generique. But the animators on the Papa Ngwasuma were below par in my opinion. Koffi should have animated the song the whole time and exclude those mediocre animators. I play these songs all the time at my work. So I am not anti-Koffi but rather someone that wants Koffi to go to his senses. I have been playing Loi, Affaire d'Etat, Force de Frappe, Attenant and Droit de Veto as well as V12, Magie, Papa Plus and Papa Bonheur.

I want Koffi to erase his current team and get real singers that have passion and are not useless bums. He should keep BB Jitrois and Omba and get singers that have real love music and not just for money only. That way we can have something to look forward to.

I can be harsh but I want to Koffi be Koffi again. He is starting to realize it now but he needs to go faster so Mopao Mokonzi can appear Mopao Mokonzi again in reality.

Matebu #8 on: May 25, 2020, 00:28

• View Profile
Actually unlike most of you guys, I actually listen to Koffi a lot.

¿Que? This thread is confusing us

If you truly want to make your point to Koffi, get in touch with Angelu Central to reach him direct.

Franco Pepe Kalle #9 on: May 25, 2020, 00:34

• View Profile

If you truly want to make your point to Koffi, get in touch with Angelu Central to reach him direct.

I listen to Koffi's music. Matebu, can you give me Angelu's number if you have it. PM me please.

BercysFinest98 #10 on: May 26, 2020, 09:57

• View Profile

Yo my nigga I'm SCREAMING!

J Silu #11 on: May 26, 2020, 13:03

• View Profile
For me the generation of Werra Koffi JB was basically done when the likes of Fally Ferre became solo artists. A new era for tgat generation.

They basically passed the crown down to them, yes the elders still make music but they've passed their peak. So I credit them for still making music because that's all they know. They've done music for over 30 years, it's kind of hard to just stop. Koffi tried when he said his last ever album is 13eme apotre, but he still brought out those LPs etc.

I think Koffi's music after Fally, has been good to average rather than average to poor.

Bord ezanga kombo is a good album
Abracadabra is a good album (average at the least)
13eme apotre (average to poor) if we are looking at the contents and the strength of that over 28 songs. But there are several songs on there that are good. But i preferred bord ezanga and abracadabra over 13eme.

Then that nyataquance was ok. He's still staying relevant.  Now he's like a hit and miss, one song is shit. The next is ok. The next is good like alidor. So yeah that's Koffi now. But from the debut album of QL in 1992 i think to 2006, that was a good run for Koffi. He's had to work hard to try stay relevant because wenge was a driving force and I guess competing with wenge motivated him hard.

That's my take.