Author Topic: NOUVEL HORIZON NEEDS TO STEP THEIR GAME UP  (Read 2224 times)

Manzambi94 on: November 07, 2021, 08:37

• View Profile
Bokoko is a trash song, yes, but the visuals done by ACH B overrode the song and made it a massive success, risking to make the song become like Contentieux who now sits at 8 mln views (Congo Brazzaville has 4 to 5 milion people totally) with that said Nouvel Horizon need to steptheir game up not just musically (they were on a very good track until they have released Ya Polo) but visually, the Video of Na Suka Wapi for how crazy that sounds compared to Bokoko seems "old". But I am glad that Roga stepped his game up with the videos, because this creates competition which can make our music survive a bit. It really seems that Brazza eventho smaller will keep the Ndombolo genre alive for a long time

archos #1 on: November 07, 2021, 12:00

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
maybe they need to find a generique with a concept aswell,thats the reason of the success of bokoko which we found poor when listening but which caught attention fast
i was thinking about a topic on generiques but my mind is always distracted by something else  to fully write it lol but it will come
what roga did  is a generique with concept,easy to sample  in nightclubs by dj's,if you release generiques with concept at the right moment with the right promotion 9/10 it becomes a big hit
roga realised that  the two generiques he did after the nouvel horizon guys left were not up to the standard so he went out to promote the bokoko concept for almost a year  before release preparing already people to be curious to what extra zangul aka roga roga  will bounce back with and they were greatly helped too by NH releasing a transition generique
other examples of generique with concept which come to my mind are selfie of koffi which was the last generique recorded as koffi was not satisfied  enough with the other generiques(proof is as soon as selfie was out it was like they did not exist anymore) so fiston yulu brought him that concept of the generique,another  is ya mado which was again something similar good generiques already done but leader still looking for one which he'd promote continentaly with the good timing and all that,so instead of moto boom ya mado and continental promotion,with clothes concept and all that
another again is yo pe,when innoss said he'll be doing his first generique people expected the usual formula of loud solo guitar animation drums,he went down the "kebo" route a dance song with easy lyrics which can equally be sung the 6 year old and his grandpa and did the right choreography around it and boom
i classify generiques in 4 categories,the normal generiques,the generiques with intent, the generiques with concept and the "gamble" generiques,which i will elaborate whenever i can

Longbluesquid #2 on: November 07, 2021, 17:33

• View Profile

archos #3 on: November 07, 2021, 17:47

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
not yet ,for the end of the year

BercysFinest98 #4 on: November 18, 2021, 19:02

• View Profile
The problem here is that, the need one more Atalaku! Because now they're going down the monotonie route! They were doing so well from their debut, they really need to push themselves! But VISION comes out tomorrow, so we'll make a judgement there and then!

Manzambi94 #5 on: November 18, 2021, 19:38

• View Profile
The problem here is that, the need one more Atalaku! Because now they're going down the monotonie route! They were doing so well from their debut, they really need to push themselves! But VISION comes out tomorrow, so we'll make a judgement there and then!

Man it is true the 19th is tomorrow. Hmmm they should have done a challenge too, I mean they are relying too much on only making good music. Roga is indipendent yet Bokoko has 4.1 mil views and according from people.of Kin, Brazza, Abidjan and almost all Black African countries BoKoko is a track that gets people crazy in the clubs. Despite a great record in Na Suka Wapi Horizon failed.to reach the 2 mil staying at 1.9 that is weird Roga indipendent but bigger numbers Horizon label but smaller numbers.

archos #6 on: November 18, 2021, 20:36

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
bro manzambi bokoko as trash as it is from the perspective of an expected generique in terms of solo and so on,is succesful because its a perfect nightclub song where djs have a lot of space to sample and the guy took almost a year of promotion before release,and like you said the visuals boosted the song aswell
yes i agree with you guys that nouvel horizon rely too much on doing good music,in social media era,the biggest key is doing something viral,and something viral can few times depend on the luck factor like those songs like mbeya mbeya but most times depend on the conception and the anticipated promotion too

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #7 on: November 18, 2021, 20:44

• View Profile
maybe they need to find a generique with a concept aswell,thats the reason of the success of bokoko which we found poor when listening but which caught attention fast
i was thinking about a topic on generiques but my mind is always distracted by something else  to fully write it lol but it will come
what roga did  is a generique with concept,easy to sample  in nightclubs by dj's,if you release generiques with concept at the right moment with the right promotion 9/10 it becomes a big hit
roga realised that  the two generiques he did after the nouvel horizon guys left were not up to the standard so he went out to promote the bokoko concept for almost a year  before release preparing already people to be curious to what extra zangul aka roga roga  will bounce back with and they were greatly helped too by NH releasing a transition generique
other examples of generique with concept which come to my mind are selfie of koffi which was the last generique recorded as koffi was not satisfied  enough with the other generiques(proof is as soon as selfie was out it was like they did not exist anymore) so fiston yulu brought him that concept of the generique,another  is ya mado which was again something similar good generiques already done but leader still looking for one which he'd promote continentaly with the good timing and all that,so instead of moto boom ya mado and continental promotion,with clothes concept and all that
another again is yo pe,when innoss said he'll be doing his first generique people expected the usual formula of loud solo guitar animation drums,he went down the "kebo" route a dance song with easy lyrics which can equally be sung the 6 year old and his grandpa and did the right choreography around it and boom
i classify generiques in 4 categories,the normal generiques,the generiques with intent, the generiques with concept and the "gamble" generiques,which i will elaborate whenever i can
Great analysis here

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #8 on: November 18, 2021, 20:45

• View Profile
Very true, how I wish they get Biraman or Arafat at least........ tomorrow we wait and see.

Longbluesquid #9 on: November 18, 2021, 21:55

• View Profile
I just hope there is powerful generiques and sebenes.

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #10 on: November 18, 2021, 22:22

• View Profile
I just hope there is powerful generiques and sebenes.
hahahaha for me I do not care about how they are, I am praying we get 4-5 at least even if they're nonsense we will juggle them till we get something better