Author Topic: VISION IS OUT  (Read 6346 times)

Cavalier Solitaire #15 on: November 19, 2021, 17:20

• View Profile
Am impressed by the sound, the style. Proper sebenes, not overly slow rumbas. That Medaille D'or song of Papy Bastin is a gem and has a powerful sebene even better than that of the generiques. Ah Papy Bastin, grand compositor et author.

Baudry should not have left that late into the album release. They didn't even have enough time to delete his mabangas in songs such as Maman Mapasa of Kassoul Chalkdri.

Proper album we have gotten so far in the past year or so. 8/10 for me.
Why have Baudri left? I need fact I was looking at the album's thumbnail and wondering why they were only 9 instead of the 10 co-founders
Something in the line of blaming the manager Bebert Etou for his departure and saying Levyson had a valid reason for leaving the group. Here is the interview he did with Hugues Vogel on Fara Fara.

archos #16 on: November 19, 2021, 17:38

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
yeah i guess the guys dont like how influent bebert is,and the fact he also has shares in the group,many they did not understand each other about his role and his limits
 its well known anyways around the whole world that producers are not saints from heaven,they have the artists/group interest,but theirs aswell, and i think guys like sonor and co are not bothered much because they accept his influence and are much more focused too into proving they can succeed musically without roga
if you take groups in west africa or central africa where there is many talents there is often a couple of guys whose relationship with the manager or the producer is not as good,either because those guys want to check every thing even into the detail or because there is incompatibility of feeling( for example the cases of roga and werra and late simon) or guys who are tempted to go solo and use the producer or manager as scapegoat

Manzambi94 #17 on: November 19, 2021, 18:15

• View Profile
yeah i guess the guys dont like how influent bebert is,and the fact he also has shares in the group,many they did not understand each other about his role and his limits
 its well known anyways around the whole world that producers are not saints from heaven,they have the artists/group interest,but theirs aswell, and i think guys like sonor and co are not bothered much because they accept his influence and are much more focused too into proving they can succeed musically without roga
if you take groups in west africa or central africa where there is many talents there is often a couple of guys whose relationship with the manager or the producer is not as good,either because those guys want to check every thing even into the detail or because there is incompatibility of feeling( for example the cases of roga and werra and late simon) or guys who are tempted to go solo and use the producer or manager as scapegoat

I will reply Archos's post but I have read the answer of Cavalier Solitaire too and I will reply to him in this comment I will make.

Sorry to say this, I love Donor, he is a good guitarist (Roga is on another level tho) and all but the guy is just too stupid and naive sometimes, like I now understand why he was with Roga this much he is really naive, plus how you gonna let your manager after all the shit you ha e been through with Roga Roga have so much influence in the group? Plus the influence of Bebert Etou it is heard in the songs too all the group's addresses him as Bebert Etou manager patron... And I was like... You guys really don't want to learn huh?

4:06

With that said I think Donor trusts people too much and be believes in the good of the people too much and for how guys in NH make it seems like they respect his leadership they don't really do. This is an example of that

I don't remember when Inthe minute but SONOR wants to take by force the mic of Zaparo and Zaparo kinda silently refuses. Now imagine Werra wanting to take your mic or the same Roga Roga taking your mic and you refusing bro you would be done right then and there but here Some doesn't say anything. That is not a leader I think he is like Eclipse Chef by name but people know he can be easily convinced so they don't really respect him

With that said Some said in an interview with the same Hugues Voguel Decibel that they got a 360 deal and the deal was beneficial both for the label and both for Nouvel Horizon... No, absolutely not, a 360 deal means that the label can take whatever you do as far asusic, shows, merchandise and decide how.much you gonna take off of your own material

Same interview, so, if they don't sort it out more and.more.members will leave. By the way what will Obama do now?

archos #18 on: November 19, 2021, 18:31

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 he is recording solo work already and had already since extra zangul days working in studios as an arranger

shamala #19 on: November 20, 2021, 15:50

• View Profile
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

Cavalier Solitaire #20 on: November 20, 2021, 20:08

• View Profile
Libanga esalaka elengi moko boye, soki ba bwaki yo.

Papa Cheri be getting these shout outs from young musicians on both sides of the river. #Temognage ya Dodi le talent.

mrvibes #21 on: November 20, 2021, 21:09

• View Profile
My wife told me that they should change their name to wenge el brazza lol I was like  :o . According to her, they used  more kin style of rumba then Brazzaville  plus  when it comes to Seben they went a bit soft  compared to the previous work we could feel the Zangul style  but vision is completely a different style which is not bad  she gave it a 8/10.
When it comes to my own opinion I think it’s a well done work overall I will give it a 9/10

archos #22 on: November 20, 2021, 21:25

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
i was about to say the same thing even the way davy bass played was more like the style of wenge than following espe blindly, good thing with the extra offshots  is that they quickly find some identity different to the extra of roga and espe
thinking about it roga must hate mid december periods lol universal zangul and nouvel horizon both got created in mid december

oj78 #23 on: November 21, 2021, 14:15

• Ata nzoko azalaka na besoin ya vitamine
    • View Profile
Is it that now the group is trying to emulate Wazekwas work.......@23_Wazekwa licks
Ata nzoko azalaka na besoin ya vitamine.

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #24 on: November 21, 2021, 17:37

• View Profile
The whole album is ok but it might not make any difference 1 and half atalakus on full album is not a good idea there was a need of variety creativity on generiques. 5/10 .........I have noticed that Congolese drummers are not good on solos/freestyle that main generique ending exposed Rama, have seen Kakol's drumming sessions (lukewarm)

PCGY KASTELLO #25 on: November 22, 2021, 12:08

• View Profile
The whole album is ok but it might not make any difference 1 and half atalakus on full album is not a good idea there was a need of variety creativity on generiques. 5/10 .........I have noticed that Congolese drummers are not good on solos/freestyle that main generique ending exposed Rama, have seen Kakol's drumming sessions (lukewarm)

I totally agree with you. Having thoroughly listened to the Album, there is nothing so special about the album, as earlier hyped by a synopsis preview of the tracks. What makes this album so ordinary is;
- The solo guitar lacks creativity,consistency and it is so monotonous
- Lack of variety animations.
- I know music is highly commercialized nowadays but i feel the mabanga was way too much such that it almost swallowed the vocals.
All in all, good effort by the group. 5/10 fits well

This is how a sebene should sound.

- Animation, on point
- Solo, so sweet and consistence
- Very catchy
Zulema killed this one

==========================
WMM TILL THE END OF TIME!!!

BienMat23 #26 on: November 22, 2021, 12:46

• View Profile
I like the album and I think the sebene is solid I’d give it a 7.5, I think what’s missing is there’s no STANDOUT BANGING generique with some powerful licks making me wanna dance. The sebene are good and I like how they’ve brought back the rumba sebene songs, my favourites are Mwana Nzambe and Maman Mapassa. At the same time I think Brazzaville sebene sometimes lacks that power which is a bit annoying.

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #27 on: November 24, 2021, 22:12

• View Profile
I think if FBI was given enough this was going to be a bomb, he has sort of Biraman vibe @Mwana Nzambe 3:50 they were supposed to let him for 2 minutes at least.

mrvibes #28 on: November 25, 2021, 07:49

• View Profile
This album is stating to grow on me . Been listening to it in my car. To be honest I haven’t been so hooked to an album like this since miracle with les marquis . People underestimated that album when it first came out but after multiple listening they came to realize that it was in fact a great album. But I’m just surprised how former  extra musica original member of the group such as Quentin , guy guy or durel have not said anything or even congratulate EMNH for the new album yet, even dicarson who sided with them have not even posted anything about the new album  . I wonder if it’s due to jealousy or it’s douze or maybe they are still taking their time to listen to it throughly and says something… not expecting anything positive from Roga’s side though I’m pretty sure they will criticize it top to bottom as they always do

Longbluesquid #29 on: November 25, 2021, 08:14

• View Profile
Man this album is being played a lot. Quentin needs to reach out, maybe they can help him with his album.