Author Topic: Would it have been better if Koffi didn’t erase those vocals in Danger De Mort?  (Read 661 times)

CM PRINCE on: August 11, 2023, 18:45

• View Profile

I used to hate on this album harddd back in the days and it’s recently I’ve started loving this album lol it took 17 years to like it  ;D
My question is would it have been better if Koffi left the vocals of Mirage, Asso, Brigade in the album instead of erasing them in favour of Modogo, Bouro and Mboshi who all returned, because the album was recorded in Kin it was meant to even be released before it actually was, and they reworked some parts in Europe.
Bouro replaced Mirages vocals after the latter disappeared in Brussels, Modogo replaced Asso’s vocals and Mboshi replaces some of brigades cries.
I’m only asking because the returnees didn’t even last long in the group and Asso and Mirage were meant to co lead Binda Bass’s song Moustiquaire. I was so disappointed when I realised Koffi left Asso, Brigade, Tshe Tshe de Balle, Mbetenge in kin I was looking forward to seeing them after watching the boma nga n’elengi DVD.

Mopao195 #1 on: August 11, 2023, 22:05

• MM
    • View Profile
i dont think it wouldve helped cuz the last 5 songs are horrible regardless

CM PRINCE #2 on: August 11, 2023, 22:20

• View Profile
i dont think it wouldve helped cuz the last 5 songs are horrible regardless
Lol what are you talking about? They’re not horrible

Wenge1995 #3 on: August 11, 2023, 22:31

• View Profile

I used to hate on this album harddd back in the days and it’s recently I’ve started loving this album lol it took 17 years to like it  ;D
My question is would it have been better if Koffi left the vocals of Mirage, Asso, Brigade in the album instead of erasing them in favour of Modogo, Bouro and Mboshi who all returned, because the album was recorded in Kin it was meant to even be released before it actually was, and they reworked some parts in Europe.
Bouro replaced Mirages vocals after the latter disappeared in Brussels, Modogo replaced Asso’s vocals and Mboshi replaces some of brigades cries.
I’m only asking because the returnees didn’t even last long in the group and Asso and Mirage were meant to co lead Binda Bass’s song Moustiquaire. I was so disappointed when I realised Koffi left Asso, Brigade, Tshe Tshe de Balle, Mbetenge in kin I was looking forward to seeing them after watching the boma nga n’elengi DVD.

Why did Mirage run away? He had a similar profile to Fally – handsome, good singer, and could dance well. He really did bounce from group to group like QL Integral, Generation A, then QL lol

CM PRINCE #4 on: August 12, 2023, 03:09

• View Profile

Why did Mirage run away? He had a similar profile to Fally – handsome, good singer, and could dance well. He really did bounce from group to group like QL Integral, Generation A, then QL lol
Mirage himself has never been clear why he left, but it's well documented he had problems with Soleil who was giving him a hard time in the group. For me he was a decent dancer he wasn't the best but he was okay in that era the best dancers were Fally, Ferre, Junior, Montana and Soleil.
Mirage didn't bounce groups the way you're making it seem lol Quartier Latin Integral disbanded because both CNN and Lebou returned to Quartier latin leaving the musicians alone, with Mirage along with Mon Ami Guelord joining the newly created Generation A but later he was lured into Quartier Latin which was his dream and since Alain Mpela wasn't really rehearsing with the group a lot.
For me Mirage could've been the next lead man after Fally and Ferre he left but he was the first out of that bunch to leave.

Monsieur Congo #5 on: August 14, 2023, 18:23

• View Profile
I liked Modogo and Mboshi's participation but I felt they were too old especially Modogo. Their time had passed and it was about the new blood but Mboshi tbh I had no problem with his participation because for me he's the best atalaku in QL history, Bouro coming back was a waste and just useless because he left like 5 months later. It was Asso and Mirage's moment to shine but things happen

bigbodybeats #6 on: August 14, 2023, 22:43

• View Profile
I wish the Danger De mort Era would’ve went better. If you watch footage from concerts to even the music video’s everyone looks tired, and ready to leave the group. The danger de mort concerts some of them looked lazy

CM PRINCE #7 on: August 21, 2023, 22:17

• View Profile
I wish the Danger De mort Era would’ve went better. If you watch footage from concerts to even the music video’s everyone looks tired, and ready to leave the group. The danger de mort concerts some of them looked lazy
I have to agree with you I found the danger de mort concerts repetitive and boring, it was literally the same songs at every concert. The clips were cool I think you’re saying that because of most musicians especially Fally and Ferre’s notable absence in the clips

Mfumu Vata #8 on: August 21, 2023, 22:50

• View Profile

Its often the case with Congolese bands when they are about to split. The majority already spent 7 years in the band.
Many were about to become 30, some already passed the 30. Also just before Monde Arabe, when Brigade not more being around, QL's concerts changed them doing less sebenes in concerts and more singing. While it was the sebene that was luring people to concerts to their concerts (1998/99-2003) after the hype around Koffi's dancers (Fifi, Zina, Mireille, Nono, etc.) being over.

Its just that Skyrock closed today, otherwise I could look to old accounts and make screenshots of it to show it here how people were complaining about Koffi's concerts of the 2006-tour, missing the old days with CNN & Ocean and Kerozene & Brigade along with the energy the singers had to dance and battle against each other