Author Topic: KOFFI OLOMIDE ANNOUNCES A SOLO ALBUM FOR 2019 « LÉGENDE »  (Read 10384 times)

archos #15 on: October 30, 2018, 17:23

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
in short, atshuambele one guys who was a pire petit of the academia guys suggested koffi or somebody around to allow them back in quartier latin and he pretended to have agreed with all them before talking to koffi and then koffi reacted and sam reacted angrily saying he has never agreed and he does not need koffi anymore  hes gone past quartier latin and he is not a man who takes a step back  and there started the usual bandwagone of opportunists,over excited fans and people wanting to please koffi for money who started insulting them and they even insulted sam's mother and sam was very pissed about it,and he also he raised the point of how in DRC whoever is the oldest or the ex boss is always right and its only the ex employees who have to be grateful to the ex boss and that koffi complained that unlike fally none of the ex members send him gifts whereas they sing his songs  and same replied that koffi could also send them dashiqis or whatever african like clothes to thank them for their hardwork for him,yes they gained fame,recognition and professionalism thanks to him but they also gave him strong contribution and he does not like how people are belittling them,and about the supposed 32nd anniversary of quartier latin they can already rule him out

mvulusi96 #16 on: October 30, 2018, 17:59

They didn’t put the whole conversation like on Facebook.

It was already  messed up when Mama Ruffa & Sandra Kazadi said no with Atshuambele messing it up by talking about Wenge and then on the end calling Toutou Roba zoba. Which made Koffi furious and stop the whole thing. He made an interview with Frank Stemay and Vincent Tshiluizi about that.

In that video you could feel how sensible Koffi is and how a big manipilator Sandra Kazadi is, by talking Ferre knowing that Koffi wouldn’t react positive about it.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 18:04 by mvulusi96 »

faithandwar #17 on: October 30, 2018, 22:57

• View Profile
Koffi is still on the top people are dancing on Alidor and Papa Mobimba aye, its not V12, Monde Arabe, Effrakata or Loi. But he’s still giving everything he got and he’s doing better then some 5eme Generation-artists. Don’t forget that he’s 62 years old. Alot of people don’t realize that.

The Lègende will not be special. It just an album with featerings (Davido, Tiwa Savage, etc.) to counter Inoss B, Gaz Mawete, Youpi Yeah, those dj’s of Kinshasa and Fally with his Tokooos. It has also a generique and a rumba. The album of Quartier Latin will come in 2019 and that of Cindy some months after it.

Does this mean that we'll have to hear an Afro/Congo/Trap/Beat album from Koffi?

Will Congolese bands even matter 10-20 years from now?

Matebu #18 on: October 30, 2018, 23:06

• View Profile
Koffi is still on the top people are dancing on Alidor and Papa Mobimba aye, its not V12, Monde Arabe, Effrakata or Loi. But he’s still giving everything he got and he’s doing better then some 5eme Generation-artists. Don’t forget that he’s 62 years old. Alot of people don’t realize that.

The Lègende will not be special. It just an album with featerings (Davido, Tiwa Savage, etc.) to counter Inoss B, Gaz Mawete, Youpi Yeah, those dj’s of Kinshasa and Fally with his Tokooos. It has also a generique and a rumba. The album of Quartier Latin will come in 2019 and that of Cindy some months after it.

Does this mean that we'll have to hear an Afro/Congo/Trap/Beat album from Koffi?

Yes (1) and no(2). Speaking realistically, no 6 gen is on the rise. 

CM PRINCE #19 on: October 30, 2018, 23:29

• View Profile
in short, atshuambele one guys who was a pire petit of the academia guys suggested koffi or somebody around to allow them back in quartier latin and he pretended to have agreed with all them before talking to koffi and then koffi reacted and sam reacted angrily saying he has never agreed and he does not need koffi anymore  hes gone past quartier latin and he is not a man who takes a step back  and there started the usual bandwagone of opportunists,over excited fans and people wanting to please koffi for money who started insulting them and they even insulted sam's mother and sam was very pissed about it,and he also he raised the point of how in DRC whoever is the oldest or the ex boss is always right and its only the ex employees who have to be grateful to the ex boss and that koffi complained that unlike fally none of the ex members send him gifts whereas they sing his songs  and same replied that koffi could also send them dashiqis or whatever african like clothes to thank them for their hardwork for him,yes they gained fame,recognition and professionalism thanks to him but they also gave him strong contribution and he does not like how people are belittling them,and about the supposed 32nd anniversary of quartier latin they can already rule him out
Well on this sam raised a few good points especially about why should it always be the ex employee always has to be grateful to the ex boss and they should be rewarded in a way for their hard work but koffi also has a bit of a point about the gift thing and how it would be nice if they sent him gifts too.

But that being said if sam, modogo, bouro, suzuki, all returned to QL they would be a laughing stock for the rest of their careers it would be very hard to take them seriously...
I don't think the QL anniversary was ever gonna happen anyway but if sam and that don't go then I don't want it to happen

faithandwar #20 on: October 31, 2018, 05:23

• View Profile
It just an album with featerings (Davido, Tiwa Savage, etc.) to counter Inoss B, Gaz Mawete, Youpi Yeah, those dj’s of Kinshasa and Fally with his Tokooos. It has also a generique and a rumba. The album of Quartier Latin will come in 2019 and that of Cindy some months after it.

[/quote]

That's incredibly sad to both.

I think by the end this decade there's something going to change dramatically about Congolese music. Because based of Innos'B latest interview, the new artists on Trace Kitoko and articles like this popping up:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-6314493/Weve-got-power-In-DRC-rap-moves-rumba.html

The 6th generation seems like they're not interested in Rumba and Ndombolo at all, which makes me fear that live musicians/orchestras are going to be in danger.

Thivhu #21 on: October 31, 2018, 07:45

• View Profile
I have followed most Congolese musicians and i have noticed that what sets Koffi apart from the rest is that he always stays relevant. Most people often comment that Koffi is finished but i beg to differ. Koffi is a complete singer, entertainer and a smart business man. His marketing strategy works hence he will always stay Miles ahead of others.

mokosarkani #22 on: October 31, 2018, 22:39

• View Profile
so , question to all in here... How can Koffi be relevant quality wise? he will always relevant as his stature in african music spans over decades, how can he make quality music again?

Matebu #23 on: October 31, 2018, 23:40

• View Profile
so , question to all in here... How can Koffi be relevant quality wise? he will always relevant as his stature in african music spans over decades, how can he make quality music again?

Take a sabbatical like most at this stage of their careers and come back with a fresh mindset and content. But it is very commendable and rare that an artist remains relevant for 40 years straight
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 23:43 by Matebu »

Congolitude #24 on: November 01, 2018, 01:00

• View Profile

I think by the end this decade there's something going to change dramatically about Congolese music. Because based of Innos'B latest interview, the new artists on Trace Kitoko and articles like this popping up:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-6314493/Weve-got-power-In-DRC-rap-moves-rumba.html

The 6th generation seems like they're not interested in Rumba and Ndombolo at all, which makes me fear that live musicians/orchestras are going to be in danger.

The worst thing that could happen is that we lose the Rumba, is our heritage, it must be kept until the end of the world

Cavalier Solitaire #25 on: November 01, 2018, 06:25

• View Profile

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's incredibly sad to both.

[/quote]
I saw a similar report on BBC 2 DAYS ago and i must admit the news sort of sent chills in my spine like literally. Rumba is the DRC's national identity like we have Reggae for Jamaica and Football for Brazil.

Jdog #26 on: November 01, 2018, 15:15

• View Profile
World rather get the QL album (with as minimal participation from Cindy) then this album. Koffi should focus on being a producer.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa