Author Topic: Underrated Stino Mubi songs  (Read 4294 times)

mvulusi96 on: December 20, 2018, 17:58

I like Bongo Wende's style of playing the lead-guitar. He's one of my favorite solist. In 1994 he was a member of Nouvelle Generation who were the rivals of Viva La Musica. But he participated despite that on Stino's albums. Other Nouvelle Generation-members Luciana Demingongo and Awilo Longomba particapated to Reddy's solo albums Injustice and Prudence. Imagine back in 2001 Titina Al Capone participating to Kibuisa Mpimpa or Flamme Kapaya to JB Mpiana's Internet lol, it would create problems and they would be fired immediatly. That's why I always prefer the 3th generation then those of Generation Wenge and G5.

Matebu #1 on: December 20, 2018, 18:05

• View Profile
Yeah, I’m a huge Stino Mubi fan. For how excellent his two solo albums are he should have released more albums. He’s been sitting on an album since at least 2009. Probably won’t release it

Grandpretre #2 on: December 20, 2018, 21:43

• View Profile

SLK97 #3 on: December 20, 2018, 22:12

• View Profile
You already have me imagining Titina doing all those fills on Operation Dragon lol. If Kapaya played on a BCBG album, and Titina played on an MM album, none of their respective fanbases would allow either of them to live it down for years.

Getting back on topic, I love the sebene to this song. Short and simple (it takes up the other half), but definitely funky.

mvulusi96 #4 on: December 20, 2018, 22:33

You already have me imagining Titina doing all those fills on Operation Dragon lol. If Kapaya played on a BCBG album, and Titina played on an MM album, none of their respective fanbases would allow either of them to live it down for years.

Getting back on topic, I love the sebene to this song. Short and simple (it takes up the other half), but definitely funky.

The sebene of Odia Bilala was my favorite sebene of the album. Bongo Wende's style was so unique.

listen to those, it brings me back in the time when he used to be Lita Bembo's solist in Stukas.

mvulusi96 #5 on: December 20, 2018, 22:36

I was always thinking that the sebene of this song inspired Alain Makaba for Tempete de Desert.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 23:18 by mvulusi96 »

mvulusi96 #6 on: December 20, 2018, 22:39

Yeah, I’m a huge Stino Mubi fan. For how excellent his two solo albums are he should have released more albums. He’s been sitting on an album since at least 2009. Probably won’t release it

Yeah, I remember him saying that in Cesar Ngadi's interview. In the same interview he re-started attacking Reddy Amisi for cancelling their concerts in Canada. But didn't he record back in 2001/02 a new album with Alexis Azulino, because on Martin Sinnock's old site and that of Viva La Musica they reported that he was already in studio. It was not long after he & Reddy left.

archos #7 on: December 20, 2018, 22:56

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
reddy and stino remind me of that interview of djouna mumbafu,him and lofombo seem to have the same ego problem that reddy and stino have

faithandwar #8 on: December 22, 2018, 04:12

• View Profile

Ndosi was always one my favorite Stino songs along with the first half of Mista and the sebene portion of Odia-Bilala.
But I have no clue what he's saying in Ndosi lol.
Does anyone know Stino's ethnic group/ekolo? Or any ethnic folk rhythms Ndosi is inspired from? 

mvulusi96 #9 on: December 22, 2018, 10:38

Stino Mubi sung in Kimbala. Bambala are living in Bandundu next to the Bayaka, Basuku, Bayanzi, Bapende, etc. Stino Mubi made also other songs in Kimbala.

Franco Pepe Kalle #10 on: December 22, 2018, 21:53

• View Profile
reddy and stino remind me of that interview of djouna mumbafu,him and lofombo seem to have the same ego problem that reddy and stino have

This is very true. Reddy Amisi and Stino Mubi could have been a great duo because their voices mash well together. Reddy's sweet Kester alike voice and Stino's rough MJ voice could have been a force musically but sadly as Archos said, their egos got the best of them.