Author Topic: Are we witnessing a new trend on number of songs on a album?  (Read 8155 times)

JV “Lone Ranger” on: June 02, 2018, 09:22

• View Profile
Pusha T(the guy who just murdered Drake on that diss track lol), released a album with only 7 tracks and now Kanye West just dropped his new album titled “YE” with also 7 track on it....new trend or GOOD MUSIC label thing. Congolese musicians love to copy, I think this is good....I’m not a fan of albums with 10+ songs....too much songs, songs are too long aswell

Longbluesquid #1 on: June 02, 2018, 10:04

• View Profile
No I think this trend was set by musicians long ago. Franco, tabu Ley had many albums with 4 songs or so. But with congolese songs are longer because of sebene. If anything this really is not a new trend it's kind of coning back. Many years ago people were getting into double albums ( rappers - jay-Z & outcast ) which congolese had done for years.

JV “Lone Ranger” #2 on: June 02, 2018, 10:08

• View Profile
In this modern age it’s hard to find a big artist with a album with just 4 or 7 tracks...they all can do with cutting down. Congolese artists just go overboard...double album with 30 tracks and 7min + songs naaah

archos #3 on: June 02, 2018, 10:17

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
then wait for fabro's cible unless he changed plan,he got too used to the juicy money from selling songs to donors that i hear that he plans a triple album this time with 60 songs, which could help him buy a cite du fleuve house to compete with fally like he thinks

Congolitude #4 on: June 02, 2018, 10:37

• View Profile
then wait for fabro's cible unless he changed plan,he got too used to the juicy money from selling songs to donors that i hear that he plans a triple album this time with 60 songs, which could help him buy a cite du fleuve house to compete with fally like he thinks

The albums with more than 15/18 songs are not easy to finish, with 30 songs or more (like 13è apôtre or Je pense) it's even worse, besides until today personally I still have not listened entirely 13è apôtre et Je pense.

Btw, Fally now lives in the cité du fleuve house or still in the basic house that we see in these clips ?

JV “Lone Ranger” #5 on: June 02, 2018, 10:53

• View Profile

Triple album :o...with one song being a hit the rest forgettable..smh they never learn, greediness

Longbluesquid #6 on: June 02, 2018, 11:12

• View Profile
It took me 2-3 days to finish 13 spotted also Je pense. I don't like the idea of having that many songs. Nothing stands out.

That's why we miss albums like Nkunzi Nlele, Bakala dia Kuba, Titanic and several others.

JV “Lone Ranger” #7 on: June 02, 2018, 11:38

• View Profile
I miss those days, 10 tracks it’s enough for me

archos #8 on: June 02, 2018, 11:53

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 Indeed but donors at also at fault for example wazekwa wants 10 songs for his album they the 8 or so remaining months later,those who bought songs put pressure that he releases every thing or he gives those who are upset their money back
so he will surely have to release everything at same time to avoid frustrating customers

CM PRINCE #9 on: June 02, 2018, 13:28

• View Profile
60 songs???? This guy is mad so basically that's 57 rhumbas then smh

Muziki #10 on: June 02, 2018, 14:03

• View Profile
Fabregas doesnt have a commanding leading voice..tripple album will mean monotony or just a lot of noise. Mabanga is killing Congolese music.

Manzambi94 #11 on: June 02, 2018, 14:03

• View Profile
I don't know why you complain about 30 songs on the album or so, we wait an average of 4/5 years per album and most of the time is an 11 or 20 songs with two or three generique and rumbas, I prefer more songs like Koffi did with a lot of Sevens rather then album with one or two generique in 11 songs with multiple rumbas

Matebu #12 on: June 02, 2018, 22:30

• View Profile
lol, yeah Pusha killed Drake for the rest of the year at least in "The Story Of Adidon". Revealed all the skeletons in his closet.

Outted him as a dead beat father with an unattractive baby momma - now he’s longer the ladies man he used to be. And the blackface is the cherry on top.

CM PRINCE #13 on: June 02, 2018, 23:38

• View Profile
Yo don't sleep on my guy drake I think he'll come back  ;D ;D if you think about it though pusha T's disstrack was nothing but gossip even in his interviews after the track just gossiping... I think drake will come back

JV “Lone Ranger” #14 on: June 02, 2018, 23:56

• View Profile