Author Topic: DO YOU GUYS ALSO HAVE SONGS LIKE THAT  (Read 1260 times)

archos on: December 03, 2022, 16:37

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

Songs that you either did not know when younger,or did not pay attention to full album or recent song that you just came across randomly and you got stuck from the first listen
i came across this song by deo brondo in anti choc and i think i even listen about 10 times already since yesterday,he did a fantastic job in this song singing in three different ways,from the melancholic 1ere voix tenor like the carlito ferre and co to his natural 2eme voix to some high tenor like when defao went high for example

Cavalier Solitaire #1 on: December 03, 2022, 17:50

• View Profile
For me its this song from Zaiko Langa Langa. Coincidentally it also has Deo Brondo in it. Different style from the typical Zaiko Langa Langa style. I remember listening to it at the time the album came out but my next listen was this year and its been on the playlist ever since. That transition is beautiful and the guitar even better. Such a timeless piece from Zaiko.

archos #2 on: December 03, 2022, 18:22

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
bro when i listen to those songs i get pissed off about our current music,that music of then even somebody who had no knowledge whatsoever about music could feel that there was soul,creativity,artist awareness from the guys in that music
now its way too much of a secure the bag thing
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 18:26 by archos »

Manzambi94 #3 on: December 03, 2022, 18:40

• View Profile
To me this by Emeneya I literally had no idea that this song existed but the composition the message the Generique were all so great man Toiture's voice on the crie Kotazo here it is just phenomenal I guess Zoe Bella also has the oart before the Sebene

And also this song with Deo Brando whom is not that I didn't know it was just that I always heard it from my parents but never knew the name

And also this song, I used to listen to it but never knew the name also this has Deo Brondo on it, it is sad that the video quality is not what it should be, which is the name of the guy doing the solo voice on the choir "Tchiri ye Tata"?

Congolitude #4 on: December 03, 2022, 19:41

• View Profile
For me its these 2 songs from Viva La Musica. These songs make me think that Ramazani is very very an underrated guitarist...  :

Sydo #5 on: December 03, 2022, 21:00

• View Profile
    • YouTube
To me this by Emeneya I literally had no idea that this song existed but the composition the message the Generique were all so great man Toiture's voice on the crie Kotazo here it is just phenomenal I guess Zoe Bella also has the oart before the Sebene

And also this song with Deo Brando whom is not that I didn't know it was just that I always heard it from my parents but never knew the name

And also this song, I used to listen to it but never knew the name also this has Deo Brondo on it, it is sad that the video quality is not what it should be, which is the name of the guy doing the solo voice on the choir "Tchiri ye Tata"?

That's Nono Monzuluku (a Zaïko member from August of 1982 to 2008). He was part of the first ever Atalaku duo in Congolese music (Nono Monzuluku/Bébé Atalaku).
Formerly Musiquezairoise

Sydo #6 on: December 03, 2022, 21:03

• View Profile
    • YouTube

This 2003 (maybe 2005) rumba (which I was composed by Popolipo I think). It's a duo between Jossart N'Yoka Longo and Luciana Demingongo. I came across it three weeks ago.

Also this song from the same compilation (which I found in 2019). If just the Sebene had Papy Cocaïne or Bidjana as atalakus, the song would've been perfect for me.
Formerly Musiquezairoise

Mukulu #7 on: December 03, 2022, 22:06

• View Profile
Que dieu soit loué, I discovered it by listening by chance on youtube, I listened to it several times every day for a while. Deo Brando has an amazing ability to change his voice.

For me:

i love this clip, i don't know why

Cavalier Solitaire #8 on: December 04, 2022, 04:44

• View Profile
bro when i listen to those songs i get pissed off about our current music,that music of then even somebody who had no knowledge whatsoever about music could feel that there was soul,creativity,artist awareness from the guys in that music
now its way too much of a secure the bag thing
You're right it's really sad how the quality being put out nowadays has dropped so low. The music of then most of it could stand as literature in a music class course but not anymore. That's why I for one nowadays am always looking for those old classic albums/songs that I may not have listened to back then. Once I discover one it's always a listening pleasure.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 04:46 by Cavalier Solitaire »

Ken Bilele #9 on: December 05, 2022, 12:32

• View Profile

This must be the last song Kester recorded before he died coz I can hear Pitchou Manzaka and Boby Ronaldhino in there. Its a nice one, I like it.

Ken Bilele #10 on: December 05, 2022, 12:52

• View Profile

Oooh Bro, I had to install those song recognition apps to identify for me this 77*7 by Zaiko. I listened to it in June this year and got in love with it but couldn't get the title. It seems all those songs that Deo and Willy Bula participated in are good, been listening to them.

Ken Bilele #11 on: December 05, 2022, 12:59

• View Profile

Aaaaa and of course Proverbs, every time I listen to this song I only remember one gentleman called Harry Kabetcha RIP. Those from Kenya must remember him. When this song was released he played it a lot during his radio shows. Lots of memories from this song.