Author Topic: Albums scan pt2  (Read 128129 times)

CM PRINCE #285 on: November 16, 2020, 22:23

• View Profile
Masta @CM Prince your now the MVP of album scans. Thanks
Haha thanks masta I appreciate that.

Drumstar98 #286 on: April 15, 2021, 12:54

• View Profile
Zaiko Langa Langa Backline Lesson (1997)

Mfumu Vata #287 on: April 15, 2021, 15:32

• View Profile
i always thought that Backline Lesson One was produced by SIPE Production. Back in those days Somina was seen as a second rank record label, producing upcoming artists or those who weren't at the top anymore. Then from 2004 he started to produce big artists and bands like Koffi Olomide, Werrason and Extra Musica, etc. But those collaborations all ended in conflicts.

Drumstar98 #288 on: April 15, 2021, 15:38

• View Profile
Sonima used to coperate with Gabirel Shabani and Sonima released Groupe Salongo movies but what happened to Sonima?

Mfumu Vata #289 on: April 15, 2021, 17:56

• View Profile
Yeah, I know. It was to fight piracy, because Shabani Records was based in Kinshasa. The piracy was very huge in Congo/Zaire and Africa (today it's worse). Sonima closed in 2009, because was only making loss. Congolese people prefered to buy piracy version in Chateau d'Eau, Chateau Rouge and Matongé who were sold by west-african youngsters.  Hermen Kaba in Brussels was also making alot loss because of the same reasons. Producing Koffi Olomidé, Werrason and Extra Musica killed him. He tought that he would make crazy money, but he lost. I don't know if you remember when he released Temoignage in december '05, but the clips ending up by getting released after 7 months instead of 2 months and Werrason being in conflict with Somina because of that. But Somina first wanting to make money with the album. The same with Extra Musica's La Main Noire. Although, Monde Arabe being a co-production of him and Koffi, the clips also got released 1 year later and him having made a huge loss, because the piracy of that album so very huge. However, Somino still wanted to work with Koffi and signed with him for the production of Danger de Mort, dreaming about producing l'Album sans Nom (also known as BEK). But the sales of that album were very low and like Monde Arabe the piracy was also high. The album released got released in October '06, instead of Sept '06, because Ndiaye who was doing the distribution in Kinshasa and Brazzaville, discovered that a huge quanity of piracy cd's arrived. Not even two months after releasing Danger de Mort, Koffi released an EP called "Chocolat Chaud//SWI" with another record-label. It made Somina mad, because he lost a lot money. In his opinion the single was killing the promotion Danger de Mort and OGP not having the right to release the album. It resulted in Somina suing Koffi and Emeneya mocking Koffi about that in his interviews, Koffi then being mad against Emeneya and sending zoulou's to interrupt his press-conference for Le Jour de plus Long in Paris. 

Drumstar98 #290 on: April 15, 2021, 18:09

• View Profile
Piracy is a very bad thing in the music business.

Drumstar98 #291 on: June 07, 2021, 13:42

• View Profile
Gode Lofombo & Delta Force Confirmation (2000)

Mfumu Vata #292 on: June 07, 2021, 13:51

• View Profile
That was an excellent album, but it wasn't a succes due to Lofombo spending almost 2 years in Europe, bandmembers joining other bands (Quartier Latin, Zaiko Langa Langa and Maison Mere) and zero promotion. I really wonder how the album would be if Djuna Mumbafu was still around, it's a shame that he left. What became of journalist Foshino Ntumba ?

Didn't they credit the songwriters of the songs on the booklet ?

Rigo Makengo is a big thief. I saw recently an interview of Lofombo on Congomokili and he said indirectly that he wasn't getting royalties from that album, because Rigo Makengo didn't sign him up at SABAM of Belgium and didn't inform about it, putting all songs on his name. He only discovered it recently.

Drumstar98 #293 on: June 07, 2021, 13:53

• View Profile
It sometimes makes me sad that Lofombo gave his all in the album but didn't get recognition with Djuna presence it would of been fire.

I couldn't find the songwriters of the song.

Pablo01 #294 on: August 18, 2021, 11:27

• View Profile
Anyone have the Signature album booklet and the covers of album Miracles (scanned) please?

Drumstar98 #295 on: October 17, 2021, 22:22

• View Profile
Extra Musica - Shalai (1999)

Mfumu Vata #296 on: October 17, 2021, 22:39

• View Profile
Lol, the way Roga Roga is credited in the credits because of playing many instruments. It was like he wanted to get all the attention on him. Do you also have Etat Major ?

Abilissi being credited as Abiliti and Kila Mbongo as Kita Mbongo. Was that on purpose ?

Drumstar98 #297 on: October 17, 2021, 22:40

• View Profile
Not sure but I noticed that the song Solitude is not in the booklet.

Pablo01 #298 on: October 17, 2021, 23:10

• View Profile
Thanks so much @Drumstar98

Wenge1995 #299 on: October 18, 2021, 00:51

• View Profile
Lol, the way Roga Roga is credited in the credits because of playing many instruments. It was like he wanted to get all the attention on him. Do you also have Etat Major ?

Abilissi being credited as Abiliti and Kila Mbongo as Kita Mbongo. Was that on purpose ?

True lol he didn't play mi-solo on this album and Trop C'est Trop.