Author Topic: Zaiko Langa Langa - Live at Cabaret Sauvage  (Read 1247 times)

SLK97 on: February 15, 2022, 17:14

• View Profile

It's streaming now if anyone's interested.

Mfumu Vata #1 on: February 16, 2022, 18:12

• View Profile
I don't know why but for me its always hard to watch concerts of this Zaiko-generation. I always stop after 5/10 minutes. Like it became a trend for Congolese artists to perform at Elysee Montmartre in 2007 and 2008, the way it was a trend for artists to perform at Cabaret Sauvage in 2001 and 2002.

I only realize now that Nyoka Longo is the only bandleader that had brought a ngongi-player to Europe. I remember Werrason having one who used to be in Maison Mere from A La Que Leu Leu to Temps Present, he never came to Europe the same for the one who used to play for Koffi during the Monde Arabe-era.

Sydo #2 on: February 16, 2022, 22:14

• View Profile
    • YouTube
I don't know why but for me its always hard to watch concerts of this Zaiko-generation. I always stop after 5/10 minutes. Like it became a trend for Congolese artists to perform at Elysee Montmartre in 2007 and 2008, the way it was a trend for artists to perform at Cabaret Sauvage in 2001 and 2002.

I only realize now that Nyoka Longo is the only bandleader that had brought a ngongi-player to Europe. I remember Werrason having one who used to be in Maison Mere from A La Que Leu Leu to Temps Present, he never came to Europe the same for the one who used to play for Koffi during the Monde Arabe-era.

I usually watch concerts from that era because I grew up watching this Zaïko team. Although I place this team on the last position if I rank them.

(I do not include the current team)
1. 1984-1988: I just think it's Zaïko's best team, the singers sound like angels
2. 1975-1982: The most influential team
3. 1969-1974: Rising Stars
4. 1988-1999
5. 2000-2008
Formerly Musiquezairoise

Mfumu Vata #3 on: February 16, 2022, 22:34

• View Profile
1988-1999 are two generation or for some even 3 generations. The one of 1988 until 1992/93 which was the era of Shiro Vuemba, Baroza Bansimba, Malage de Lugendo, Patcho Star and co fighting against Zaiko Familia Dei with succesfull albums like Jetez l'Eponge, Ici Ca Va "Fungola Motema" & Jamais Sans Nous.

1992/93-1997 The era of many bandmembers like Chiro Vuemba, Alpha Kopeya, Zamuangana, Mbuta Matima and Boanga Omer and Bansimba Baroza passing away. New members coming. The succes of Avis de Recherche, but albums like Sans Issue and Backline Lesson One flopping. Music fans saying that Zaiko is musically finished, etc. Ado already interviewed Adamo twice and Laudy Mukaba, but he never asked them about the death of all those bandmembers, what was going on and if they weren't afraid.

1997-2001. Rebirth of Zaiko with the recruitment of young members like Willy Bula, Deo Brondo, Lassa Lacolyte, Papy Cocaine, Rocky Blanchard and Daniel 6000. Succes of Nous Y Sommes. Departure of Meridjo Belobi & Muaka Bapius

About the 1969-1974. It's not one era. 1969-1971 was the era that they were like fans of Thu Zahina who were their rolmodels and copying Los Nickelos. It that era they were the rising stars. From 1972-1974 they arrived on the top and even dominated their rolmodels of Thu Zahina. Evoloko Lay being the main star and sharing mics with Gina Efonge, Mavuela and Jules Presley "Papa Wemba". Them being nickednamed Le Quatro and Ajumagi (Antoine Evoloko/Jules Presley/Mavuela/Gina Efonge). Best band of Zaire 1973 & 1974. The highlights werethe show at Stade de 20 Mai for the Ali vs Foreman fight, FIKIN and  theKin Show in 1973 where Gina Efonge & Evoloko were high on drugs and parents all parents being mad for the way they let Zaiko perform that way on tv. Back then its was like there were two Zaiko's the one of Evoloko and that of Nyoka Longo and Bimi Ombale that people weren't really attention to, sometimes being joined by Papa Wemba. The decision to not more record songs outside Zaiko's musiclabel made the band split, Evoloko getting suspended and Papa Wemba, Mavuela and Bozi (who replaced the sick Gina Efonge) leave Zaiko out of solidarity to form Isifi Lokole.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 22:56 by Mfumu Vata »