Author Topic: Le Karmapa is a very underrated artist  (Read 18715 times)

Jdog on: February 18, 2014, 02:30

• View Profile
Damn his rhumbas are too nice and he  arranges his music very good and his clips are excellent and notice how the girls in his clips are all dancing  naturally it's not forced like other videos they can't help but have fun with his music  :) ...  the generique is very danceable that is true sebene. He has everything I love in rhumbas good lyrics,good choruses, nice beats, nice arrangement and the salsa type rhumba and good singing and vocals and solo guitar at the end... his music is the type where you grab your lady or man and start slow dancing to or you just want to listen to some good ole Congolese rhumba.... the only thing he didn't have is the rhumba that turns into a sebene. I'm very sad that I can't find this album on digital stores  :'(

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 05:10 by Jdog »
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Jdog #1 on: February 18, 2014, 02:33

• View Profile
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Ken Bilele #2 on: February 18, 2014, 10:53

• View Profile
Le Karmapa is very underrated artist indeed. This man is just good, Excellent music.

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #3 on: February 18, 2014, 11:51

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Listen to the quality of the music, no wonder koffi is having sleepless nights!!! ;D ;D
LE BIG BOSS

Nyumu Wa Mukiti #4 on: February 18, 2014, 12:05

• View Profile
The thing I came to know through you guys and came to admire him for is that he writes his own music unlike others who rely on others to do the work for them. I agree that he is underrated. But isn't he responsible for marketing his music and publicity? I guess that is where the game is won or lost.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 12:07 by Nyumu Wa Mukiti »

archos #5 on: February 18, 2014, 12:06

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
myyyyy wooooooooooorddd
i understand why wankovia olomidé tries to upset him ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mwana Nsalu #6 on: February 18, 2014, 14:04

• mama mabele ~ mother earth
    • View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
NICE! i've been hearing his name for a while now but never got a chance to sample much of his music (thank goodness for youtube). he is great. will be looking into getting some of his music. thanks for this thread.

Jdog #7 on: February 18, 2014, 16:03

• View Profile
This guy is just a great musician I'm just hooked on his music right now  :) and I can see why Koffi wants to steal his artists and make music like him but it's not going to work because Le karmapa writes and arranges his own music. And another thing that girl Tatiana is just an amazing singer and she's not bad looking either  ;) ::)   The way this album is played is the way I taught Ferre was going to play Boite Noire because the way the promoted it saying  "toko kende na bango likolo" and they always said the way the made the album is too good and it will be a classic album...wrong  if it wasn't for his artists and the genriques the album would have been a flop because most of the songs sound exactly the same.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 16:14 by Jdog »

Jdog #8 on: February 18, 2014, 16:07

• View Profile
All Congolese albums from now until the day the world ends I will have high expectations for because Le Karmapa has set a high bar for Congolese rhumba.

Jdog #9 on: February 18, 2014, 16:17

• View Profile
NICE! i've been hearing his name for a while now but never got a chance to sample much of his music (thank goodness for youtube). he is great. will be looking into getting some of his music. thanks for this thread.

Yes if it wasn't for Youtube I would have never heard this album and the song La Tembo because only his last album is on digital stores and I can't find a website to buy the album.

Jdog #10 on: February 18, 2014, 16:21

• View Profile
I haven't heard a Congolese album so beautifully arranged since Affaire d'État.

shamala #11 on: February 18, 2014, 17:30

• View Profile
you mean guys you have never heard of karmapa the king of rhumba ? I like "mobali ya bololo"
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

johnbas #12 on: February 18, 2014, 17:37

• View Profile
This man has shocked all of us, I knew of him long back, but he has out done himself, I am literally listenning to his album everyday..

I love his Music, he has upped the grades, one has to work hard to beat this...This is what we like, not monotonous music of now adays.

We have to find a way to let him know that we love his music and support him...ARCHOS WHAT CAN WE DO TO ACHIEVE THIS....The man has to now that we love him

Mwana Nsalu #13 on: February 18, 2014, 18:01

• mama mabele ~ mother earth
    • View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
you mean guys you have never heard of karmapa the king of rhumba ? I like "mobali ya bololo"

i heard of him on vibes d'afrique forums but only heard very short snippets of his music. from that time i never really took the time to seek him out. i'm very grateful for this thread and wish i had made the effort much sooner!

Jdog #14 on: February 18, 2014, 23:41

• View Profile

That's a good song as well.