Author Topic: DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THAT WHEN LISTENING TO RUMBAS  (Read 5957 times)

archos on: June 22, 2014, 22:22

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 Thats a couple of days i have noticed that i very often imagine guitar licks in my head in rumbas with solo guitar and a semi sebene at the end and saying to myself,this could have been in the song or in a concert impro
what is strange is that i almost never touched a guitar in my life or it was for right handed whereas i am a lefty so i could not play

Jdog #1 on: June 22, 2014, 22:38

• View Profile
Rhumba no but for sebene yes I can come up with animation from the top of my head and imagine how the instruments would be played and I say to myself that it would be one fire generique if I were to record and release it.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Jdog #2 on: June 22, 2014, 22:40

• View Profile
Oh yes now that I think about it it does happen to me sometimes with rhumbas because I just did some improvisation right now lol.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

KAISARI #3 on: June 22, 2014, 23:58

• Soul Rebel
    • View Profile
...guilty here and now I have habit of playing along to my fav...
You do not beat a drum with one finger

JV “Lone Ranger” #4 on: June 23, 2014, 00:11

• View Profile
I actually make music and recreate my favorite rumbas and modify them on FL Studio and Mixcraft with a simple midi keyboard....at the moment i'm recreating Tantot plutot and Nourrisson  ;D

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #5 on: June 23, 2014, 07:29

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hehehehe, I do that everytime!!! It's as a result of listening to music too much that you can tell what's lacking in a song.
You need to be advising these musicians what we discuss here.
LE BIG BOSS

archos #6 on: June 23, 2014, 15:11

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
i was listening to maitre d'ecole few hours ago and i started whistling imagnary solo licks which would have followed whats on the cd songs and my kid looked at me and said" daddy why dont you just buy a guitar" ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

johnbas #7 on: June 27, 2014, 10:16

• View Profile
Guilty as charged..When ikea was released, I re-did some parts of Cindy and cabbana and when the live show of cndy chante koffi came out..it was exactly what I had magined and sang before..

But not long ago, I dreamt of a song from Ferre, I don't fully understand lingala, let alone singing "bad voice" but I always hymm the song that I heard in my dream..it has to do with Nelson Mandela..

When he sang it it was sort of saying "Papa Mandela, maboko nayo"..but obviously with a rythm that is in my head..

I just don't know what it is.

deanglo #8 on: June 28, 2014, 12:48

• View Profile
Archos, I think the answer is in the live performances. In the live version recording, the impros are all let out. Case in point Werrason Live 2010 Au Zenith. Koffi is very good at impros in liver concerts. Yes I don impro a lot times in my head.

KAISARI #9 on: June 28, 2014, 20:24

• Soul Rebel
    • View Profile
...One of my fav rhumba riffs from Kapaya Flamme...
You do not beat a drum with one finger