Author Topic: Great seben by Les stars du Zaiko  (Read 6197 times)

bencuri on: March 17, 2015, 04:01

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It is the branch that stayed in Europe:

« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 01:15 by bencuri »

EMOVICTEAM #1 on: March 17, 2015, 12:10

• View Profile
It is the branch that stayed in Europe:

They play just like the Nyoka Longo faction. I like the atalaku........melodic.....but the drummer is soft.

bencuri #2 on: March 17, 2015, 16:33

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The atalaku is Papy Cocaine, unfortunately he has retired.

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #3 on: March 17, 2015, 17:08

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  .....but the drummer is soft.
Drumming is not an easy task,drummers get really tired morevoer this is just a short extract so i don't think it will be fair to say the drummer was weak at the show, maybe on this particular song they decided to play easy sebene otherwise he's drumming fine, sound is clear enough.......they all can't play like Papy Kakol just like the other instrumentalists don't play the same on the same instruments.
LE BIG BOSS

BG-ground #4 on: March 18, 2015, 02:22

• View Profile

From 1:53:00 please don't tell me that Sebene did not make you shake for 5 min

bencuri #5 on: March 18, 2015, 19:51

• Administrator
    • View Profile
LOL, this is the song I listened to all day today. It is Paiement Cash by Zaiko. However I think this one is not the best solo done by Popolipo, the album version was better. But the Atalakus do a decent job, I appreciate that. I prefer Madoka's solo in the beginning.

Yet, alltogether, I find the seben of Les Stars Du Zaiko is far more better: those melodies, they played that seben quite well. And there is Papy Cocaine, it will be difficult to replace him. Quite bad they dissolved. Possibly they couldn't exist because of copyright claims by Nyoka Longo. However I think if he would gave them free hand, they would have just gain more popularity for his own branch in Kinshasa, too, such a band would have been a nr1. promo tool. In long term he could have benefit more from it than by enforcing copyright claims on them.

EMOVICTEAM #6 on: March 18, 2015, 20:38

• View Profile
  .....but the drummer is soft.
Drumming is not an easy task,drummers get really tired morevoer this is just a short extract so i don't think it will be fair to say the drummer was weak at the show, maybe on this particular song they decided to play easy sebene otherwise he's drumming fine, sound is clear enough.......they all can't play like Papy Kakol just like the other instrumentalists don't play the same on the same instruments.

Sly, lets not cheat ourselves, drums are key to sebene and they drive almost all instruments in Congolese sebenes. Take out the drums, leave other instruments and you have raw sebene. But its not just hitting the drums, its hitting them with energy that provides the desired results. And who told you its only kakol who hits them hard?. You have heard and seen, awilo, titina, champion esthetique and others so dont sound like you have forgotten.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 20:40 by EMOVICTEAM »

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #7 on: March 18, 2015, 21:20

• Administrator
    • View Profile
EMO, what you've said is true but that's not what am talking about,my point is that the guy was playing okay(technically) but we don't know if the reduced energy was out of tiredness as this is a short clip and the show was probably long. This was just an easy going sebene and everyone looked relaxed.
LE BIG BOSS