Author Topic: A month later what are y'all thoughts on Fally's latest album?  (Read 5304 times)

congo-243 on: December 11, 2018, 12:33

• View Profile

Congolitude #1 on: December 11, 2018, 13:41

• View Profile
The album is very good. I already find it sooo muuuuch better than Power Kosa Leka. The melodies are really well worked and the album is not monotonous but I think the lyrics are too primitive. The previous three albums had much better lyrics worked (especially Droit Chemin and A2BM (liputa, associé, attente, deliberation, mon amour, catafalque...).
In general the album has a good quality of recording but some songs have a disappointing quality (Aime-moi, Code d'amour, Humanisme, Roi Manitou, DG Landry, Bafana Love, World) and personally I remain very disappointed by the fact that Fally reduced the sound of the solo guitar played at the end of Humanisme.
And I also regret the fact that there are not enough sebenes songs, on 31 songs there should have been at least 6 sebenes songs.

I would like to know that Fally will release a version of Humanisme with the solo guitar as in the extracts from Instagram and where is the feat he made with Bambu Moyembi who was a traditional song.

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #2 on: December 12, 2018, 10:21

• View Profile
For me its the best thing that happened in Congo this year........I love it

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #3 on: December 14, 2018, 14:16

• Administrator
    • View Profile
LE BIG BOSS

Chris Sunday #4 on: December 15, 2018, 21:06

• View Profile
I am from Kenya...Control is the best album that Fally has ever produced;and a good reaction after all the criticism about deviating from original rumba. I love Soucis, La Guerre, Sans amour, Bafana love, One love, A flye and King Manitou. To me,I lack what to criticize about the album.It's the best thing that happened this year in the world of music...The only thing Fally Ipupa should try to do is to let his guitarists express themselves,especially the solo guitarists...10/10 rating from me...Fantastic...

Manzambi94 #5 on: December 16, 2018, 08:32

• View Profile
Overhyped album, it has some good songs but nothing special 7/10

Jdog #6 on: December 27, 2018, 22:15

• View Profile
It's a better album then Power that's for sure. But it's not his best work or close to it. The only songs I listen to are S.Mushigo, Maria PM, A Flye, Aime-Moi (first minute or so of the song is nice) Bafana, Sans Pitie, Sans Amour, La Guerre, Soucis and The Crown.

The lyrics were alright, songs like Maria PM and A Flye got annoyingly repetitive with the lyrics he could've added more lyrics or had someone else sing as well. The solo guitar in A Flye could've been a little louder and in Bafana he didn't really sing with that much emotion like c'mon man that's your wife. Don't know why the solo guitar in Humanisme wasn't in the final cut.

The generiques were straight trash, even though The Crown is decent it's the same as Ecole with Doubai in it, I expected way better sebene and not using the same animation and there are more animators that were not even used which I wonder why? It would've been nice to have sebene songs. Another thing I wish Fally would've done was to have his singers (the good ones like I always say) have more space. Fally always says he wants to make stars in his group, but how is that going to happen when they only get a few lines so they have to put more mabanga then actual lyrics, Fally should do like how Koffi did for them in QL and give them space. There is also a lot of singers that didn't participate for some reason. But credit to Fally that he put the guys in different songs and not just have them all in one song. I'll give credit where credit is due Atele sounded decent, Kalombo and Mopiwi are faux chanteurs. 
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

archos #7 on: December 27, 2018, 22:48

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 jdog you might be disappointed but those guys you mentioned at the end are in line for solo albums,fally said in an interview there wont be a f victeam group album yet but  there will be solo albums of 4 guys and from the info i got its kalombo atele cousteau and djino liaki or his early childhood friend zagallo

Jdog #8 on: December 28, 2018, 08:39

• View Profile
jdog you might be disappointed but those guys you mentioned at the end are in line for solo albums,fally said in an interview there wont be a f victeam group album yet but  there will be solo albums of 4 guys and from the info i got its kalombo atele cousteau and djino liaki or his early childhood friend zagallo
I thought Fally was just giving songs to Atele,Kalombo,Junior and Nathan due to a supposed group vote. And who in the right mind hs time to listen to a Cousteau and Kalombo album they suck at singing, but hopefully it's a blessing in disgiuse that they'll hopefully and eventually leave because there is a lot of good talent in F'Victeam not being used for some reason while the bad ones always get chances.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

archos #9 on: December 28, 2018, 09:31

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
one thing i regret with fally and the other artists who can record in europe is that in most of the cases for the songs they fully do in europe they prefer doing chorus on their own than calling chorus experts like modogo,luciana,serge mabiala and co,then have songs done between kin and paris where chorus is done by their musicians
they dont realise part of the drop of our music is due to the drop of chorus level,no wonder for example droit chemin and sens interdit always have a special flavour compared to the rest

Congolitude #10 on: December 28, 2018, 12:11

• View Profile
one thing i regret with fally and the other artists who can record in europe is that in most of the cases for the songs they fully do in europe they prefer doing chorus on their own than calling chorus experts like modogo,luciana,serge mabiala and co,then have songs done between kin and paris where chorus is done by their musicians
they dont realise part of the drop of our music is due to the drop of chorus level,no wonder for example droit chemin and sens interdit always have a special flavour compared to the rest

Very very true, but I think they dont call chorus experts anymore because they know that these experts are very experienced and will want to have a little more control over their albums while the 5th generation leaders want to have full control over their album

Bohemian Rhapsody #11 on: December 29, 2018, 20:44

• View Profile
Decent album with melodious rumbas. However, Libre Parcours remains a classic generique.