Author Topic: SO J.COLE'S NEW ALBUM "KOD"  (Read 3976 times)

Matebu on: April 23, 2018, 03:11

• View Profile
A little OT.. I stopped buying into the hype of R&B and Rap albums in recent years, but this album is beastly good. Highly recommended.  Pending Kanye's, Kanye & Kid Kudi's, Nas, & Drake's albums coming in June - this is an early candidate for Rap album of the year

Really creative clip; nice little throwback to Busta Rhyme's clips from the 90's

CM PRINCE #1 on: April 23, 2018, 03:22

• View Profile
I loveeee this album I downloaded it on Spotify the day it came out 1985 is my favourite track... I'm still waiting for him and Kendrick to drop their collab album hahahaha

Longbluesquid #2 on: April 23, 2018, 14:16

• View Profile
You guys need to check out Nipsey Hussle " victory Lap" that soooo far has been hip hop album of the year.

We are getting some good gems this year!

Matebu #3 on: April 23, 2018, 17:28

• View Profile
You guys need to check out Nipsey Hussle " victory Lap" that soooo far has been hip hop album of the year.

We are getting some good gems this year!

Fantastic album as well. There just seems to be more fanfare for KOD. That’s probably because J. Cole has a bigger fanbase

BrazzaBoy #4 on: April 23, 2018, 18:08

• View Profile
1985 might be the greatest song of all times. He just broke down how rappers come and go and dont ever have nothing to show for it when its done. I really hope the little homies take heed.

Matebu how old are you big bro and where you from?

Grandpretre #5 on: April 23, 2018, 18:56

• View Profile
I also realy like nippsey hussle’s album, but im not a big fan of j.cole. I’m waiting for nas & drake’s album right now

Manzambi94 #6 on: April 23, 2018, 19:40

• View Profile
J. Cole is a great rapper, I was honestly surprised when he made this verse

Talking straight and saying facts like this in USA can get you trouble, in fact his brother Kendrick got forced to remove blacker the berry from everywhere and you can find only a little live version of the song.
Anyway I like how KOD (KIDS ON DRUGS A.K.A. KING OVERDOSE) actually take a very strong position against all these pills and heavy drugs culture young people are banging these days

Matebu #7 on: April 23, 2018, 19:54

• View Profile
^ Yeah, some of his verse in some song were of low expectations I would expect from someone like him.

This song (his first huge hit) made me an instant fan. He sampled a Malian band (Balla et Ses Balladins) from the 70's my parent used to play way back. Blew my mind

(2:45)

I'm in my late 30's now... quickly approaching old head age  :D. From NYC, used to be in Paris back in the day

faithandwar #8 on: April 23, 2018, 23:09

• View Profile
This song (his first huge hit) made me an instant fan. He sampled a Malian band (Balla et Ses Balladins) from the 70's my parent used to play way back. Blew my mind

My younger brother had Can't Get Enough on repeat and asked me what the sample was. For some reason I thought it was OK Jazz  Boma L'heure because they sound so similar, but later found out it was Paulette. If J Dilla was alive, I wish he could've sampled mid 70's OK Jazz or just any 70's Congolese Rumba. It would've been heavenly.

I should listen to the album, but I naturally gravitate towards Kendrick.

BrazzaBoy #9 on: April 24, 2018, 04:57

• View Profile
^ Yeah, some of his verse in some song were of low expectations I would expect from someone like him.

I'm in my late 30's now... quickly approaching old head age  :D. From NYC, used to be in Paris back in the day

Matebu tu dois surement etre un mec du 91 toi lol Evry Corbeil Grigny