Author Topic: FALLY, NISKA & DADJU NOMINATED FOR BET AWARDS  (Read 8554 times)

Manzambi94 on: May 24, 2018, 11:40

• View Profile

Whoever you will vote make sure Congo will go forward, a little example of how powerful Congolese music can and will always be.

Tata Nkiadi #1 on: May 24, 2018, 14:20

• Congolais abotami na Etas-Unis
    • View Profile
Has any Francophone artist won a BET Award in the past?  That Best International Act category looks like a joke. It has nearly twice the nominees that the other categories have.

Manzambi94 #2 on: May 24, 2018, 14:34

• View Profile
Has any Francophone artist won a BET Award in the past?  That Best International Act category looks like a joke. It has nearly twice the nominees that the other categories have.
Not yet, the problem is that Congolese people really don't know or take serious BET and for other Francophones the same, for Congolese and Francophone people is more important to play at Olympia or at Zenith rather than winning BET's

faithandwar #3 on: May 24, 2018, 17:29

• View Profile
Does Dadju count as a Congolese Musician or a French Based artist who's Congolese? I hear elements of Congolese music in his work but for the most part it sound Banku/Afrobeat. Anyways, I'll support  :).

Manzambi94 #4 on: May 24, 2018, 18:00

• View Profile
Does Dadju count as a Congolese Musician or a French Based artist who's Congolese? I hear elements of Congolese music in his work but for the most part it sound Banku/Afrobeat. Anyways, I'll support  :).

Both, I mean Ckngolese-French artist mainly do French music but uses rap, trap or afrobeat or orchestra as Maître Gims do, they are definitely Congolese national and mind wise, Maitre Gims doesn't even have French nationality yet

Matebu #5 on: May 24, 2018, 18:30

• View Profile
, Maitre Gims doesn't even have French nationality yet

Yet he believes he should be viewed as a Frenchman and not Congolese, smh. That’s why Congolese diaspora is currently pissed at him.

If you’ve been in a country since age 2 and still denied citizenship, then it’s should make you prouder of your true origins.

archos #6 on: May 24, 2018, 19:30

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
the bad luck fally has (and somehow created for himself) is that fans of several fans of other artists will never accept to vote for him even for pride of our country because they know or think that if he wins him or his journalists will come to bellitle other artists so they'd rather  he loses so he does not get even more cocky(according to them)
this is just like francis kakonde rightfully said in a recent interview,our musicians and their fans if they want proper unity should fight for trophies for the pride of DRC and not for their own pride in order to mock rivals,if there was that unity DRC could win far more trophies

Manzambi94 #7 on: May 24, 2018, 19:47

• View Profile
, Maitre Gims doesn't even have French nationality yet

Yet he believes he should be viewed as a Frenchman and not Congolese, smh. That’s why Congolese diaspora is currently pissed at him.

If you’ve been in a country since age 2 and still denied citizenship, then it’s should make you prouder of your true origins.
He never said he was agai.st his origins he only said it is unfair to not being considered French despite the impact he had on French music he said "I feel a strong connection both with Congo and France I feel I am a European and an African artist because I represent both" he never said he didn't like being Congolese the guy who really hate being Congolese and black it is Michy Batshuayi the Chelsea player who said "I am black only because of my parents, I am born here (In Belgium) grown here (in Belgium) and I have never been to Africa so as a man and as a Sportsman I will always feel and be Belgian"

Matebu #8 on: May 24, 2018, 20:00

• View Profile
@Manzambi ; I didn’t say he was against being Congolese, he just wants to be viewed as French. Not sure if you saw his interview on French national television, but Maître Gims basically said he should not be looked to speak out on issues in the DRC because he is a part of French culture,  not Congolese culture. He further stated that there nothing he could do to change the situation (kinda true). But he never hesitated to publicly speak about the injustices in Syria. That’s what made diaspora people online, like Voice of Congo and Macdeddy’s page pissed off.

He was denied french citizenship because it was discovered that he was legally married to two women at the same time - A Morrocan girl who he had children with and DemDem, his Malian girl he’s seen in public with.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 20:05 by Matebu »

Matebu #9 on: May 24, 2018, 20:20

• View Profile
Michy Batshuayi‘s situation is pretty disgraceful I must say. The athletes who speak like that (American or European) usually have a white gf or wife.

They should be aware of Emmanuel Eboue’s sad story.

Manzambi94 #10 on: May 24, 2018, 21:36

• View Profile
the bad luck fally has (and somehow created for himself) is that fans of several fans of other artists will never accept to vote for him even for pride of our country because they know or think that if he wins him or his journalists will come to bellitle other artists so they'd rather  he loses so he does not get even more cocky(according to them)
this is just like francis kakonde rightfully said in a recent interview,our musicians and their fans if they want proper unity should fight for trophies for the pride of DRC and not for their own pride in order to mock rivals,if there was that unity DRC could win far more trophies

Yes that is what drives me mad about Congolese fans, I mean Fally has 30 m views Ferre 5 Werra 3 Fabro 9 Felix 2 Koffi 13 on their most viewed video which is 63 million of views but no one of the fans will support the other one and that's said, I mean these are the things who pushes music behind, just think about the Koffi, JB situation or the Blaise Bula Werra situation JB will probably beat you if you talk about Koffi in good way in his presence, and Koffi only accept guys from big groups only if they insult their former boss so he can weaken their former boss and so on, a huge number of strategic and Macchiavellianic tricks.
And @Matebu, I don't think he meant to say that (Mâitre Gims) I think he meant to say that being a Muslim he feels more close to Syrian than Congolese (ironically even black Muslims in Arab world are treated like shit, getting beaten up if the Arab team is loosing in African cup or getting sold like slave when there isn't a government) he has grown up in France though so like Mbappe and many other Africans born in France they don't have a strong connection with the homeland, for Batshuayi I think his parents are to blame, because if you feel Belgian just say I refuse DRC without making all those rants on how much Belgium you are, I mean if you stop to play football, and maybe you will not earn as much as you were doing when you were playing your wife will be still there? Yes Eboue case really hit me hard like my uncle said, first find love and money will come.

BrazzaBoy #11 on: May 25, 2018, 06:45

• View Profile
If they actually show that part ima be happy. Usually categories like that you find out the winner online but hopefully they broadcast it. They did have a french rap cypher in like 2013 so anything is possible with the BET awards as far as international acts.

Tata Nkiadi #12 on: May 25, 2018, 14:32

• Congolais abotami na Etas-Unis
    • View Profile
If they actually show that part ima be happy. Usually categories like that you find out the winner online but hopefully they broadcast it. They did have a french rap cypher in like 2013 so anything is possible with the BET awards as far as international acts.

HIGHLY doubtful.  Wizkid broke the glass ceiling when he had that track with Drake late last year.  Other than that Afropop isn't popular in the US like it is in countries like France, UK, the Netherlands etc.  I'd rather like to see our artists earn a Grammy award that has more weight and recognition than a BET award.  Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 19:57 by Tata Nkiadi »

Matebu #13 on: May 25, 2018, 20:44

• View Profile

HIGHLY doubtful.  Wizkid broke the glass ceiling when he had that track with Drake late last year.  Other than that Afropop isn't popular in the US like it is in countries like France, UK, the Netherlands etc.  I'd rather like to see our artists earn a Grammy award that has more weight and recognition than a BET award.  Just my opinion.

Yeah, the BET awards doesn't have much prestige in the states. Usually the big name nominees don't even show up. It's only more prestigous than the Vibe (no longer in existence) and the Soul Train awards.

For Fally, it's a big coup because years ago people mocked him because he and Monsoh used to invite themselves to the BET awards (and Grammys) ceremonies just to be there, now Fally is an award nominee.

mvulusi96 #14 on: May 26, 2018, 02:55

Yeah, the BET awards doesn't have much prestige in the states. Usually the big name nominees don't even show up. It's only more prestigous than the Vibe (no longer in existence) and the Soul Train awards.

For Fally, it's a big coup because years ago people mocked him because he and Monsoh used to invite themselves to the BET awards (and Grammys) ceremonies just to be there, now Fally is an award nominee.

It's very diffcult to get nominated in the category 'Best World Music Album'. Papa Wemba who had alot of succes with his album Emotion in 1995 with the hit-single 'Fa Fa Fa Fa' and the hits 'Yolele', 'Show Me The Way' & 'Rail On' didn't even get nominated in 1996 for that category. The same thing with the Le Voyageur-album of 1992.

Papa Wemba could have done more in his world-music career, but the Congolese community didn't understand his vision and his staff complaing how Wenge & Koffi and his 'petit' Reddy were taking his place. Which made him make a return. I could have been bigger than Youssou N'dour.