Author Topic: UNTIL THIS HAPPENS - I'M NOT HERE FOR ANY "GREATEST EVER" TALK  (Read 5345 times)

Matebu on: October 24, 2017, 23:01

• View Profile

This is but one example (RIP Papa Wemba):
Bercy (15,000 attendees) - Check
New Years Eve event - Check
Traditional intro ceremony - Check
European Diaspora Beauty pageant finals - Check
Foreign media presence -Check
French national prime time TV coverage  - Check

Koffi's Bercy also received similar treatment.

I only bring this up because Fally is really pushing the GOAT rhetoric, and it's insulting to people like myself who have great appreciation for the history genre.

Our resident Fally fans, I await your rebuttal calling me a hater yet again for giving some criticisms.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 23:04 by Matebu »

Manzambi94 #1 on: October 24, 2017, 23:35

• View Profile
Matebu, Fally is not the only one who is giving huself big very bug nicknames (JB Mukulu De LA Patria Salvatora Papa Cherie etc., Koffi Grand Mopao, QuadraKora Mokonzi Jeune Pato etc.) it is a Congolese process for the leader calling their selves bug names and for Papa Wemba you can't compare the two, is like I am comparing Pelè and Messi two great players but from another generation

Matebu #2 on: October 25, 2017, 00:00

• View Profile
Matebu, Fally is not the only one who is giving huself big very bug nicknames (JB Mukulu De LA Patria Salvatora Papa Cherie etc., Koffi Grand Mopao, QuadraKora Mokonzi Jeune Pato etc.) it is a Congolese process for the leader calling their selves bug names and for Papa Wemba you can't compare the two, is like I am comparing Pelè and Messi two great players but from another generation

See the difference is Fally now thinks he is the greatest to do it (referring to the genre). All the nicknames of other leaders are a variation of boss/mokonzi or founder of their sect. Never the greatest because they idolized Tabu Ley then Franco (more so Tabu as he's the greatest composer).

He was here in the states for a while and his bestfriends like Macdeddy (who switched it from greatest to GOAT) and Madina Djo etc. have been gassing him the entire time he was here

CM PRINCE #3 on: October 25, 2017, 00:11

• View Profile
I love fally but I'm not gonna lie he's getting on my nerves with himself constantly calling himself the greatest I find it kinda corny, and to be honest Matebu you can't really bring up bercy in this simply because of the europe ban otherwise fally would have filled it so that's a bit unfair, but fally should go back and call himself dicap Merveille and the others aha

Jdog #4 on: October 25, 2017, 04:14

• View Profile
Yeah Fally has done a lot but still a long way to go. Playing Bercy would be great. If Koffi's Bercy was on French National TV then why didn't he become bigger then he already is?
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Matebu #5 on: October 25, 2017, 04:39

• View Profile
If you think back to exactly 2 years ago, Fally was saying he was in talks to get a Bercy contract to perform in 2016 for his 10th anniversary (was willing to pay for the venue himself) and release a solo rhumba album to coincide. Neither happened

It's his one dream venue; Koffi's Bercy left a big impression on him & he also got another tease when he was a guest at Youssou N'dour's annual Bercy Bal a few years ago.

Yeah Fally has done a lot but still a long way to go. Playing Bercy would be great. If Koffi's Bercy was on French National TV then why didn't he become bigger then he already is?

What do you mean by that?

Back then French RFI journalists were going to his Paris home to interview him (mostly for newspaper, some tv). His concerts flyers were in all neighborhoods of Paris/Brussels and his CDs were on center display whenever they came out. I guess things disapear and are forgotten with time, but he was huge in the early 2000's. Example:

To Fally's credit he's done a number of French interviews
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 04:43 by Matebu »

Manzambi94 #6 on: October 25, 2017, 12:47

• View Profile
If you think back to exactly 2 years ago, Fally was saying he was in talks to get a Bercy contract to perform in 2016 for his 10th anniversary (was willing to pay for the venue himself) and release a solo rhumba album to coincide. Neither happened

It's his one dream venue; Koffi's Bercy left a big impression on him & he also got another tease when he was a guest at Youssou N'dour's annual Bercy Bal a few years ago.

What do you mean by that?

Back then French RFI journalists were going to his Paris home to interview him (mostly for newspaper, some tv). His concerts flyers were in all neighborhoods of Paris/Brussels and his CDs were on center display whenever they came out. I guess things disapear and are forgotten with time, but he was huge in the early 2000's. Example:

To Fally's credit he's done a number of French interviews
Matebu you know how difficult now is for a Congolese base Congolese person perform in any stage of Paris and/or France combatants are guys who are ready to burn a car or kill you if you go at them so of course it will never happen, how can you make it happen with people who don't even dialogue

Matebu #7 on: October 25, 2017, 18:43

• View Profile
Yea, @manzambi it's the sad state of affairs. Our people acting like primates because of their jealousy of successful Congolese artists coming to perform in "their" territory

But at the same time if all the artists and powerful  donors were to unite as one, there's a strong chance they can find a strong legal solution and get immigration involved in order to solve the problem.

If there were 3 or 4 big concerts going on at the same time on a Saturday like back then, there would not be enough combatants to disrupt all the concerts

archos #8 on: October 25, 2017, 18:54

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
.... and i just seen a couple of videos of some of them dressing like soldiers and threatening fally because he sued that attention seeker of youri kalenga who is bitter than fally refused to do mabanga for him for free and has been hard on him for a while(and you know what to expect in congolese polemic,parents,sexuality pretty much everything is thrown in the mix)

Jdog #9 on: October 26, 2017, 07:48

• View Profile
.... and i just seen a couple of videos of some of them dressing like soldiers and threatening fally because he sued that attention seeker of youri kalenga who is bitter than fally refused to do mabanga for him for free and has been hard on him for a while(and you know what to expect in congolese polemic,parents,sexuality pretty much everything is thrown in the mix)
haha this dude.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Matebu #10 on: October 26, 2017, 08:30

• View Profile
Pure nonsense...you don't have the money? Even much bigger athletes like Serge Ibaka and Yaya Toure pay for mabanga as is protocol for requests.

Ain't no free manbanga unless you're family or a big time ami personnelle like Didier Drogba, and even he returns the favor by posting Fally's videos on his social media.

Manzambi94 #11 on: October 26, 2017, 12:11

• View Profile
Yea, @manzambi it's the sad state of affairs. Our people acting like primates because of their jealousy of successful Congolese artists coming to perform in "their" territory

But at the same time if all the artists and powerful  donors were to unite as one, there's a strong chance they can find a strong legal solution and get immigration involved in order to solve the problem.

If there were 3 or 4 big concerts going on at the same time on a Saturday like back then, there would not be enough combatants to disrupt all the concerts
Exactly what shocks me most is the fact that most of these combatants guys are the one who were getting money and or mabanga from the guys they are threatening, in some cases they are also ex members so I really don't understand them

Mwana Nsalu #12 on: October 26, 2017, 13:04

• mama mabele ~ mother earth
    • View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
LOL you all are really taking this serious. fally's job here is done lol he calls himself greatest for attention and it seems now everyday we will get a post about one of you being upset with him calling himself the greatest.