Author Topic: Who Is This Singer?  (Read 2620 times)

Wenge1995 on: March 03, 2020, 06:50

• View Profile

Does anyone know the story about this guy? I saw him in the clips for Toujour Humble, but he didn't sing on that album (you'll see him in red shirt following Tutu Caludji in the goofy circle dance at 4:52). He had a few small vocals on Internet and Anti-Terror before disappearing. What happened?

What was JB Mpiana trying to accomplish with those young guys on the rhumba of Francis Solution? Did he want to unsettle the old guard? They were talented and young, but I feel like JB Mpiana never really committed to making them Wenge BCBG or an associated act like Pipiyus. I think he was too soft as a boss

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #1 on: March 03, 2020, 11:31

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Biku Le Bruin i heard was initially in Europe before joining JB's Wenge BCBG. Not sure if he was on previous albums before Anti Terro but personally i knew him when he did his first composition with BCBG on the song Plainte A on the album Anti Terro. I believe he's back in Europe, he must have stayed back when a number of BCBG musicians left JB Mpiana mid tour of Europe around 2005/6 or so,maybe he could be in the UK too.

In fusing in young guys in Wenge BCBG, JB was simply responding to fans who wanted the restoration of Pipiyu which consisted of young,talented and energectic musicians at the time when fans started calling the older musicians Ba Mikuli. They used to play first before the main band but eventually got fused into the main band and some of them remain there for instance the singer Nono Fuji.
LE BIG BOSS

Mfumu Vata #2 on: March 03, 2020, 15:41

• View Profile
Bikou le Brun joined BCBG, when JB was about to release TH. Along with Richard Mukena & JDL they were presented as “ba professionel”, because of coming from Europe. He had some vocals in the Internet-album. Bikou left when BCBG was about to release Anti Terro. He said that he left because he felt alone after Alain Mpela’s departure. But rumors were spread that he left because of relationship with Anya Star.

Mukulu #3 on: March 03, 2020, 15:48

• View Profile
werra has already shoutout Bikou Le Brun in wenge 4x4 or is it another bikou?

Mfumu Vata #4 on: March 03, 2020, 17:05

• View Profile
The same he used to be their petit