Author Topic: Essential Pepe Kalle/Empire albums bare with me Im a youngin  (Read 2960 times)

congo-243 on: March 08, 2020, 00:18

• View Profile
Where should I start his discography is huge I don't where to start. Some help would be appreciated
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 00:26 by congo-243 »

Matebu #1 on: March 08, 2020, 01:32

• View Profile
Start with Cé Chalé Carnival (1990) for high energy songs. Below are my full recommendations as a big Pepe Kalle and Empire fan/enthusiast. Take your time to appreciate their work.

- Soucis Ya Likinga (1985) - “Article 15” was one of the biggest theme songs during the rough 80’s in Zaire

- Moyibi with Nyboma (1988); seminal classic

- Pon Moun Paka Bougé (1989); one of his most popular album. Made the entire continent dance in 1989

- Cé Chalé Carnival (1990); and extension of above album, in that it was very popular with lots of sebene and a few remixes of his early hits. Djouna Mumbafu show how he was a catalyst of modern atalakou

- Gérant (1990-91) My personal favorite solo Pepe Kalle album. Roga Milla (what a smash it), Zonga Aime, and Pedro are classics

- Divisé Par Deux (1992) - This album was very popular in Kinshasa at the time of release

- Gardez votre Souffle (1995) Pepe Kalle’s last solo album recorded in Europe. Really excellent sound quality and compositions.

- Cocktail (1998) - Unfortunately he died during the release period. He proved to everyone he could adapt to the Ndombolo era. His young team really shined

Special Mention - Empire Bakuba’s “Savoire Vivre” (1995). The album was recorded in Switzerland and is one of the best sounding albums of the 90’s. Really dance oriented with powerful sebene and Djuna Mumbafu proving why his nickname is “Big One”
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 01:37 by Matebu »

congo-243 #2 on: March 08, 2020, 01:58

• View Profile
Start with Cé Chalé Carnival (1990) for high energy songs. Below are my full recommendations as a big Pepe Kalle and Empire fan/enthusiast. Take your time to appreciate their work.

- Soucis Ya Likinga (1985) - “Article 15” was one of the biggest theme songs during the rough 80’s in Zaire

- Pon Moun Paka Bougé (1989); one of his most popular album. Made the entire continent dance in 1989

- Cé Chalé Carnival (1990); and extension of above album, in that it was very popular with lots of sebene and a few remixes of his early hits. Djouna Mumbafu show how he was a catalyst of modern atalakou

- Gérant (1990-91) My personal favorite solo Pepe Kalle album. Roga Milla (what a smash it), Zonga Aime, and Pedro are classics

- Divisé Par Deux (1992) - This album was very popular in Kinshasa at the time of release

- Gardez votre Souffle (1995) Pepe Kalle’s last solo album recorded in Europe. Really excellent sound quality and compositions.

- Cocktail (1998) - Unfortunately he died during the release period. He proved to everyone he could adapt to the Ndombolo era. His young team really shined

Special Mention - Empire Bakuba’s “Savoire Vivre” (1995). The album was recorded in Switzerland and is one of the best sounding albums of the 90’s. Really dance oriented with powerful sebene and Djuna Mumbafu proving why his nickname is “Big One”
I appreciate the recommendations man I definitely will take my time.

Pablo01 #3 on: March 09, 2020, 01:33

• View Profile
Where should I start his discography is huge I don't where to start. Some help would be appreciated

Long discographies:

- Kunda Ebembe (1981/Veve International) Empire Bakuba
- Zabolo (1982/ Veve) (album group of Empire Bakuba)
-Dadou Folkore (1983/L'Oreille Internationale) Empire Bakuba
-Amour Propre (1984/Veve) of group Empire Bakuba
-" La Belle Étoile " (1984/Veve International) album with of group Empire Bakuba
- Bonana "85 (album SOLO/ 1985/IAD) with the greatest success Johnny Bitoto/Article 15
- Trop C'est Trop (1985/ Rythmes & Musique) of group Empire Bakuba
- Bombe Atomique (1985/ Afro-Rythmes) with Empire Bakuba
- Verre Cassée / Maya 2nd Version (1985 Alia Music) ( Pepe Kalle the guest with Carlito Lass a in album solo of Simaro)
- Cherie Ondi (1985 Veve ) album of group Empire Bakuba
- Kabambare (1985 / Production G.T) of group Empire Bakuba (with a good success)
- Muana Bangui (1985 / Rythmes & Musique)(original album of group Empire Bakuba)
- 40e Jour  (1986/ Disques NM)( album of group Empire Bakuba )
- Obosani Kisombele ( 1986/ Syllart Records) (album of group Empire Bakuba)
- Souci Ya Likinga (1986/ Kagi Production)( album SOLO of Pepe Kalle )
- Adieu Docteur Nico (1986/Gefraco) ( at Paris , with of song for tribute of Dr. Nico Kassanda )
-  Nazangi Maboko " Empire Bakuba" (1986/Syllart) (duo-album with Nyboma )
- Massasy Calcule (1986 /A.C.M.P.I) (at Abidjan, with Emoro (RIP) and Empire Bakuba )
- Ça C'est Quoi Ça ? Ça C'est  Kwassa Kwassa " Live D'Or" (1987) (album solo of Papy Tex)
  - Sombokila " Kwassa Kwassa "(1987 / Syllart)
- Bakuba Show  (1987/ Syllart) (a bomb succes of Empire Bakuba)
- 8.000 KM " Kwasa Kwasa Vol.2" (1987/ Leader Records) (an good album solo of Pepe Kalle , with a good song blues Lolo)
- Madiaba Nzube (1988/ Gilette D'Or) (a big album flop, I believe)
- Moyibi (1988/ Syllart Records ) ( second duo album with Nyboma )
- L' Argent Ne Fait Pas le Bonheur (1988/ Gefraco) (Pepe Kalle and Empire Bakuba)
- Poun Moun Paka Bouge (1989/ Afro Rythmes) (after the concerts at Zenith and Japon, with Empire Bakuba)
- Ce chalé Carnaval /Tiembe Raid Pa Moli (1989/ Afro-Rythmes) (Album solo of Pepe Kalle, with the remix song Bitoto Johnny)
-Atinze Mwana Popi (1989/ Babi Production)
(album solo of Pepe Kalle)
- Mwana Ndeke '' Diarhée Verbale " (1989/JM) (guests of album solo of Lutumba Simaro Massiya)
- Show Times (1990/Mayala) (with Empire Bakuba, of songs composed  by Matolu Dode "Papy Tex" )
- Liya Liya Faina (1990/Sonodisc) (with Empire Bakuba)
- Mamie Music Clarification (1992/Kaluila) (duo album with Papy Tex)
- Divise Par Deux (1992/Sonodisc)
 - Poto Malili: Kinshasa Moto! Moto! Moto! (1993 /Musicanova) (a dance with success)
- Dieu Seul Sait (1993/ Flash Diffusion Bussiness) (album Solo)
- Gardez votre Souffle (1995/ Sun Records) (a good album , especially Karibu of Papy Tex)
- Savoir Vivre (1996/ Air B. Mas Production ) (Empire Bakuba)
- Welcome In Africa (1997/ Babi Production International) (album solo of Papy Tex)
- Cocktail (1998/Ets Ndiaye) (the last album solo of Pepe Kalle for his death )

Jean-Baptiste Kabasele Yampanya wa Ba Mulanga (RIP)

Mkaya #4 on: March 09, 2020, 15:54

• View Profile

Matebu,

How could your miss the Bakuba Show? The mother of all generiques in the world!!!

congo-243 #5 on: March 17, 2020, 03:21

• View Profile
Matebu I just got done listening to Gérant why is the 2nd volume so different in sound? It got a ancient feel to it. Are those songs older?

Matebu #6 on: March 17, 2020, 03:32

• View Profile
Matebu I just got done listening to Gérant why is the 2nd volume so different in sound? It got a ancient feel to it. Are those songs older?

Yes, vol 2 was just classic songs released as an edition in the 2000’s - darn Syallart trying to profit on people’s (including dead) backs. Disc 1 is the actual release from 1990